Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo emergency!! Broken cable???  (Read 4960 times)

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
Pleo emergency!! Broken cable???
« on: April 18, 2014, 12:01:33 PM »

I think my pleo has a broken tail cable  :'( I played with her for the first time in a couple months and I come to this... Shes been sent already to hong kong for a neck cable replacement... And now her tail broke. I don't have money for another pleo RB nor will it replace her at all. i DONT know if it is broken I never noticed i before!

I only have been able to run her for 5 mins before her battery died, and now I can't charge the battery for some reason cause the charger gets burning hot to the touch and just blinks after 10 mins of charging the battery....

She was stores in my closet in the standing position same with the charger and battery... Why did all these problems start from just sitting in my closet i made sure it was dust free!!!!

I don't get why my charger is burning hot, and I don't think the tail was ever that loose to the touch  :'(

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo emergency!! Broken cable???
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 12:14:43 PM »

HI Bonus, sorry for all the problems but do not Panic yet! try to relax and take things one at a time. What does her tail look like without you bending it up in that position? Does it just hang down or straight? As long as it still moves back and forth and can go up and down, I would not worry about it.
     It could be just a cosmetic thing, but if Pleo operates ok, don't worry about it. A broken neck cable is a lot more serious, If need be, you can tape it with a type of brace, small for the tail or just leave it as be.

IMR, Kat or someone else will tell you something when they see this post. As for the battery, Did it get hot right away? I would be more concerned about the battery. Have you tried cleaning the battery terminals in the charger and the battery with a Q-tip with rubbing alcohol.. just a drop of alcohol, NOT a lot! I know lots of people with trouble with battery problems, this has helped. I am not saying this is the only solution, but try this and then try charging and making sure battery is properly seated, and unplug completly from wall socket then plug back in.
 ;)
                                     Good luck, I have to go for about an hour, but someone else will be here to try and help.  RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 12:26:15 PM »

The tail hangs straight on its own (pleo is in her standing off position) the tail looks normal it just scared me with it that flexible! But I have only been able to boot pleo up for 5 mins till the battery died, and i wasn't paying much attention i was feeding her till the battery died...

I went to charge the battery and it went solid red for about a minute, then switched green for a couple seconds then went to flashing red (i was watching it) So i went to pick it up to re-seat the battery and underneath the charger was BURNING hot It left a burn blister on my hand!! The battery and adapter were cool it was just the underneath of the battery charger! It didn't do that to me before! I will try cleaning contacts with some rubbing alcohol and a pencil eraser

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 01:23:34 PM »

If the battery is that HOT, I would not use it, Let it cool off completly  till we can find out more information on the battery, That sounds dangerous.  :'(I am sorry you got burned! I would contact Pleoworld and tell them about the battery. When did you get Rose and is this the battery and charger that came with her? I have NEVER heard of a battery or charger getting that HOT. I would NOT use the battery or charger till we get more information.

DO not use it Bonus, sounds like more info is needed, Just be patient.            RWM  :cat-hug:

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 05:12:38 PM »

Oh man it was my fault!!!  :D I acccidnt used the ugobe adapter for my RB charger XD Fixed the battery problem... Now to go test rose

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 06:44:52 PM »

Wow, you were lucky you did n't get a worse burn on your hand or short circuit or "kill" the Pleo RB battery.  %)I am glad you are ok and that you figured it out. Please be careful...........good luck and I am happy that you figured it out. If you had left the wrong battery in the Ugobe adapter, it might have even started a fire.............I hope Rose works fine now, be sure the battery is fully charged and let us know. ;)

Good luck....................RWM  :cat-hug:

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 07:03:44 PM »

Looks to me like her tail cable is probably broken.  The tail should have tension in it and you should not be able to curl it up like that.  How long have you had her for?  I would contact Innvo anyway to let them know and be sure to tell them that she already was sent back once for a neck cable repair.  It is important for them to know about issue so they can be looking out for the cause of them in other pleos and working on solutions.  This enables them to provide the best product they can to new pleo buyers. 

Anyway charge the battery and run her for a bit and see what happens with the tail.  Maybe take a video of it.  then you will have a record of how it works or doesn't work. 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 04:30:32 AM »

Nani has a broken tail, well it's not actually broken but something is wrong with the cable housing. I can still feel the cable running right along. Can you feel the cable running along?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 06:00:06 AM »

IMR, do you think that there is a slight chance or greater chance in my opinon when storing Pleo RB or even the Ugobe in their original boxes, because of the tight fit in the box? I have way too many Pleos to not have them stored in their boxes or in a safe box well padded, esp with not just the amount, but because of eight cats and a dog and a crowded house, they have to be protected.

I would hope that Innvo Labs could improve the storage postion of the tail as it always seems a bit cramped and not quite long enough. I have yet seen a pleo, esp a RB that does not have a crinked tail when comming out of the box. :( Do you know if Nani got injured or did you just discover one day that her tail seemed "not right"?                  RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo township of the Redwoods

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 07:47:11 AM »

Nani has a broken tail, well it's not actually broken but something is wrong with the cable housing. I can still feel the cable running right along. Can you feel the cable running along?

Just trying to feel gently through the rubber skin I can fell the top, left, and right cable seem sturdy and have tension. But the bottom cable is lose it is just sitting on the bottom of the tail you can push it around!

I booted her up, her butt doesn't seem to heat up or anything.... But I can't tell If the tail is working normaly its been so long :o I'll upload a video and I'll contact Innvo today

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 08:52:10 AM »

She will probably continue to work just fine even if her tail cable is broken, she just won't have the range of up down movement in her tail that she use to. As long as nothing is getting hot the it should be ok.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 03:15:38 AM »

RWM the boxes are fine, Nani's tail broke after my dog tripped over her.

I would say that you probably have a housing problem too, the tail cable doesn't have as much pressure on it as the head and neck so isn't likely to break.

Kat, didn't you have to get a new magnetic part or something for one of your lot?

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 07:28:47 AM »

Innvo labs got back to me, they said that the pleo is out of warranty but she can be repaired for a 39$ check up + repair and shipping costs!!

It's nice that Innvo offers this then just dumping you after the warranty 

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 01:25:33 PM »

It is "nice" but do you have any idea of what it would cost to ship Rose to and from Innvo Labs in Taiwan? Just figure a seven lb package, that includes the box and Priority Shipping is the Only shippping that is going to cover tracking so if She got lost, she is covered and there is a way to track her. I know to ship a 1 lb Egg charger and battery to some place like the UK, Germany, etc it is about $38.00 for International Priority Shipping, so imagine the cost of a five, six or even seven lb package and because Pleos have an unusual shape, about 24 long x12 x8 it can be more like $70.00 one way..........just figure it is going to cost about $100.00 ( if you are lucky) round trip, and then the $39.00 they offer for check up and then whatever the repair cost is...........could be quite expensive.

It may be easier to either do the repair yourself with somone like Kat's help with her video tutorials if she has done a tail before, I know she has done a neck.. ;D or live with the tail the way it is. If Innvo had a place here in the states or somwhere closer, it would not be as expensive. I think to ship her there and charging the repair and check up is probably at least half the cost of a new Pleo......but I could be wrong.

Good luck..........         RWM  :cat-hug:

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 02:24:01 PM »

I had to send my pleo to there Hong Kong facility from here in canada I think the cheapest was 85$ for 12 weeks :O

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 02:32:19 PM »

WAs that one way or round trip? If round trip that is not bad, if it has tracking , cause without tracking you have no way of tracking your Pleo. So I presume it took 12 weeks to get your pleo back from the time you sent it, correct? If so, that sounds about right.
                                                      RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 03:30:16 PM »

I made the decision to just leave Nani be. At the moment her skin is too perfect to cut open. And the cost of sending her back from Australia was close to $100 one way. Perhaps later on she might suffer another issue, or her skin will no longer be so perfect and then I'd probably go the surgery route.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 01:38:12 AM »

IMR, I think that is a good way to look at the problem, unless you happen to have the money to send Rose off to have her tail fixed, I think just letting her tail be the way it is, since she seems to function well with it the way it is, then I would wait as it is possible that she could have another issue later down the road, (knock on wood that she doesn't :-X) but if she did, then you could get both problems fixed (if both possible) at the same time,

Baby Ruth has had a rear leg problem for almost two years now, where he leg will not bend at the knee, but I do not have the money to get her sent across the ocean and wait to get her back, and then maybe not even possible for them to fix her without it costing a arm or leg, so I would rather wait till I am brave enough to open her up and watch the video tutorial that Kat has made on fixing her leg, similiar I think to Cato's leg, the Pleo rb that Talon sent to her to have fixed............or was it Rhu? (sorry for my poor memory....but it was a RB. ;D)

I would wait since it does seem mostly a cosmetic issue and a small brace if you want to could help keep her tail lifted off the ground and straighter if needed. She may not need anything at all. It is nice though as you mentioned, that Innvo Labs Will try to fix Rose and other RB out of warranty.  :)                                     RWM :cat-hug: and the Pleo P0:) township of the Redwoods :dino-chase: P:D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal