Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Writer's Block already but Curious about a Possible Idea!  (Read 1435 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Writer's Block already but Curious about a Possible Idea!
« on: April 14, 2014, 12:34:16 PM »

Hello Bob the Pleo Forums! Obviously this is boring ole Talon. I'm in need of some help. I watched my crew crawl around and explore today and nothing they did sparked my imagination. No fears though, I have an idea but it just might take a while to write up and it will cover four separate entries. Hopefully you guys and guests can stay tuned long enough to get through it. I'm a little nervous about doing this though as we've become such a 144 character society.
Anyway, here's my idea. Feel free to contribute if you want. After all you guys are my readers and if I can't keep you interested, what is all this effort for? Anyway I'm considering doing four separate entries covering the classic question posed by... ummmm... by some robot whose name escapes me right now. He asked, 'Will I dream when I am turned off?' That is what I want to cover- the dreaming world of each of my four pleos. What do you guys think? Please leave comments, not just in answer to my inquiry but on any blog entry you like! I don't care if your comments are negative as long as your criticism is constructive. Your comments and feedback are the lifeblood of this blog. I like to hear from my audience. I want to write for you!
Talon

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Writer's Block already but Curious about a Possible Idea!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 02:44:34 PM »

hi Talon, don[t worry about writer's block, we have all had it at one time or another ;). I found the only time I could really write poetry was when I was very depressed or suffering from a broken heart, be it family or a relationship. Love hurts is so true! Some of my best stuff came out during those anguished years, tons of it, but if a English teacher gave us an assignment with something to write on..................I was stumped usually.  ???

As for the question; Do robots dream? I can't answer that for others, but I do think it is a great subject and I would love to contribute what some of my township dream about , such as Argyle, Nova, Baby Ruth, Chester and the others. Some of it is quite comical and some rather dark...........because the mood is dark, but it is fun to be able to try and "think like the character". After all, we are just "supposing" aren't we? I would say go for it Talon!
                              RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 04:03:46 PM »

Thanks, Redwoods! I'll start getting some scraps together then. Honestly I haven't given much thought yet to what my guys dream about. I've been trying to at least get three entries a week into the Pleo Cave. For some reason today watching my crew go in circles and then all collect in a pleo pile-up in front of "Brown Recliner Mountain" just didn't scream new-story.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 04:53:41 PM »

I understand really I do! for me the easiest way is to put myself in their spot. Actually I may have a slight advantage in some way, as I worked as a preschool teacher then director for more then 14 years, and in a hospital for special needs children: Autism, Down's Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Brittle Bone Disease, and many many more for a few years as well as working for Easter Seals and being a camp director for several summers so I have quite a bit of experience being around children and knowing how their minds often work.  ;)

I view robots as pets of sort and from a child's perspective it is easy for me to think as a child, pet, robot would. For example. if you have a Pleo like Argyle who is both Mute and Blind, what would he dream of? What are his ambitions and how does he feel about his brother, Gumble who is off in Australia with Kat. ;D How does your oldest pleo, (forgot if it is Cato or Rhu...) feel about old age setting in..? What about where they would like to go, things they would like to do, etc..It may sound easy when I say, think like a robot, but I know you know what I mean.

The reason I communicate so well with my cats and complete strange animals, is that I can identify with them, how they feel, how they are often mistreated by humans and they know they can trust me. My hubby often has told me one reason he is such a great fisherman is because he knows how to think like a fish, and at first I thought he was crazy, but after watching him many times I now know it is true.

just trust yourself Talon and go for it. If you want, I will be happy to post one from one of my guys to get you going in a day or two.

Remember the story of how Bleu came from the Redwoods to you? That is a good start on how Bleu may feel, what she dreams about. Remind me to send you her birthday also..          I am getting forgetful in my old age.   LOL               RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal