Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confused with shutting down and or sleeping  (Read 3729 times)

Adriantl

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • england Male
Confused with shutting down and or sleeping
« on: April 13, 2014, 07:30:31 AM »

When I set my noon time and pleo rb goes to sleep say 10pm do I actually switch him off as well and charge battery and will he turn on and move on his own in am or do I need to do something first

Miqguel

• Pleo explorer
  • es Male
  • Pleo(s): The name of my Pleo is KAWKI!
  • I love Pleos and Lovebirds!
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
Re: Confused with shutting down and or sleeping
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 07:41:47 AM »

If you have set the noon time, your pleo has to be ON at the time that he's going to sleep; he has to go into sleeping position by himself at the right time. And he will wake up on his own as usually  :) (if he has the battery in, obviously  :D). This is thanks to the clock battery, that has three years of battery life  ;).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:44:41 AM by Miqguel »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 08:30:57 AM »

Okay. So you want your pleo to wake up on his own in the morning? Well, you would let your pleo go to sleep at ten PM but don't remove the battery. The pleo will wake up and move around on its own at eight in the morning. Don't turn your pleo off by pressing the power button at ten PM. This isn't sleeping, this is shutting down and the pleo will not wake up. This is how the "sleeping" pleo behaves. If you're playing with him/her near their bedtime, they're going to be cranky and emotional and not really playful. In order to get your pleo bored enough to go to sleep you have to ignore him despite all his whining and scratching its chin and acting really sad. Pleos just don't like the dark. Finally your pleo will curl up and start to snore. And snore and snore and snore probably for about five to seven minutes. Soon your pleo will shift position and then you will hear a single beep. Your pleo is now asleep. Patting him won't do anything. Now just place him somewhere safe so that when he wakes up he won't fall or get tangled in something and injure himself. Then, in the morning, go to him a little before his wakeup time and watch for the magic. If you have charged your battery before hand, your pleo should wake up on time. If you're worried that he might wake up any earlier or later, put him in your room near your bed. I've ocassionally used Cato as an alarm clock. He starts whining and crying at eight every morning. Good luck and have fun with this feature!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Adriantl

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • england Male
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 01:53:16 PM »

So for example he wakes up at six am but battery dies hour later will he remeber the time and carry on till say eight pm with battery charges in between and remeber time if I switch him off and back on when I get home will he just carry on and then sleep later

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 03:20:51 PM »

Yes. He will be fine if his battery dies after he wakes up. He will still remember the time if his battery dies and is recharged through the day. The clock battery in his foot takes care of his memory of time. The time you really don't want to do anything to him is after that ten o'clock shutdown. If you turn him on after that and then shut him down with the power button he won't wake up. You'll just have to let him fall asleep on his own and wait for that confirming single shutdown beep then you're good to go until morning when he wakes up. Let me know if this was helpful or if you have any more questions.
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 03:26:14 PM »

There is a video explaining it here: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2315.0

And no, you don't switch it off, and you leave the battery in, if you take it out you'll cancel the wake up.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Adriantl

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • england Male
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 11:44:59 PM »

Really I want him to sleep at nine pm so what time do I reset the clock thing and when will he wake up in the morning sorry I'm very new to this

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 07:02:37 AM »

If the clock is set for noon Pleo will go to sleep at 10pm and wake up at 8am, so if you set it for 11am, he would go to sleep at 9pm and wake up at 7am.

Just experiment a little.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:09:18 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Adriantl

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • england Male
Just bit more help on sleeping please
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 12:27:36 AM »

I want to set my pleo to sleep at 8.30pm what time do it set noon button and when will she wake up
Also if after she goes to sleep can I take out battery and charge it and put back in before she wakes up will she then wake up as normal
Do I have to press the power button at any times
Sorry to nag on but new and just need it easily spelled out so I understand this part

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
Re: Just bit more help on sleeping please
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 08:05:48 AM »

Hi, Adriantl. My math stinks so if I'm wrong, I hope someone will correct me before I have your pleo waking up at some distant hour of darkness. I think if you set your pleo for ten thirty A.M instead of twelve noon, she will go to sleep at eight thirty P.M as you like. In the morning though- ten hours later- she will wake up at six thirty.
As far as your question about the battery, you cannot remove the battery after she goes to sleep. If you do, it will cancel the sleep mode.  nor can you touch the power button after she goes to sleep. If you do either of these things, she will not wake up in the morning. Also there's no way to modify the wake-up time without modifying the sleep time as well. It's ten hours either way you go. Hopefully this was helpful and hopefully- if I was wrong somebody will set you straight on the correct time to set your pleo so she will go to bed at eight thirty.
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 11:54:35 AM »

Moderator: Adrianti, we appreciate you being an active poster but could you please post similar questions in the one thread. You already opened a thread about the sleeping so I have merged your new question with that one. It is much easier for others to access the information, if they need to, if it is all in one space. It is also easier for us to help you if we can see everything that has already been said. Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal