Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tragic Bus Crash;Humboldt HSU Hopefuls  (Read 3314 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Tragic Bus Crash;Humboldt HSU Hopefuls
« on: April 11, 2014, 10:21:40 PM »

This is a very sad story; Every year HSU, (Humboldt STate University) in Arcata, Ca., has a Spring Preview Break where students from other parts of the state( and other nearby states as well.) come up to this beautiful area to check out the campus and the area. Thursday night was not so peaceful. I wondered this morning why the flags were at half mast in our area and then saw the news on the TV and the newspaper headlines.
(Rather then repeat everything here,you can just google HSU bus crash California.)This has been all over the news since Friday morning... :(
. This was a bus carrying about 48 high school students from social economic disadvantaged L.A. area high schools, and their chaperones that crashed into a Fed EX tracktor Trailer. , this occured north of Sacramento.

At least ten are confirmed deceased and it is a miracle anyone made it out of the fiery collision.  :(There are many in different hospitals across the areas, some in critical condition. SOme students are still missing and family is trying to locate them. Please think postive thoughts if you do not believe in "prayer" for the families and survivors to not only heal from their injuries, but from the trauma this has caused. High school students think of themselves as invincible and still can not believe this happened to them. This is so sad. This was supposed to be a adventure into a new beginning of their life, and ended in tragedy.
                                                                                    RWM  :cat-hug:

"Very Scary" Moments for Families of Bus Crash Victims

At least 10 people have died and 34 people were injured in Thursday's crash.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:27:08 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Tragic Bus Crash;Humboldt HSU Hopefuls
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 11:02:23 AM »

I saw this article too and I've been following the developments since the accident. My church and I have been praying for the families who lost loved ones as well as the whole community that has been effected by this tradgedy. When they mentioned Humbled County I realized that was where you were from and I kinda felt connected to the place because I know someone from there.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal