Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2013 Tomato Harvest Festival  (Read 28648 times)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: 2013 Tomato Harvest Festival
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2013, 02:33:08 AM »

Woo Hoo! Two down one to go :)

kaiteee

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2013, 03:37:45 PM »

Hurray - three down!  :cheer: Gordy's cape arrived today and he is so happy with his prize, and it really is lovely. He has been a little happy wriggly soul since he put it on (as soon as the package was opened, he was most insistent!). So wriggly in fact, that he made his modeling picture a bit fuzzy - sorry - but he sure looks happy! Here he is:

Thank you so much to Kat for making and sending these lovely prizes, it's the first thing I've ever won like this and it's really great! Yay! I haven't been able to be around here much and in fact I think I've missed the last one or two tomato festivals, but we had such a good time posing for photos in the supermarket, I do really appreciate this forum and how lovely everyone is, so I'm really hoping to be here more when things settle down for me....

In the meantime - how do I get gordy to share 'his' cape with gano.....?!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »

Yay!  Gordy looks great!  :D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2013, 11:08:32 AM »

Congrats to both Luna and Kaitee, now we can see how cute Gordy looks, how about the costume you got Luna, would love to see it? So all that is left now is those Tomato necklaces, bracelets...keep us guessing as to how they look! %) ;)

RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2013, 04:58:49 PM »

Gordy does look wonderful :)  Good luck with getting him to share :P   I'm so glad all three coats I posted off made it to their destinations safe and sound :) 

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2013, 09:41:41 PM »

Any signs of the anklets I sent out?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2013, 11:45:11 PM »

Hi Mike, did not check the post office today, so I will tommrow. Too busy with sick cats and chores around the house, If it is there I will be sure to post the results. Kat should be the other "winner" for Best article of clothing, so she should be looking too. Thanks for the "heads Up. " Can not wait to see this cute little "tomato anklet".  ;) ;D         RWM :cat-hug:

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2013, 06:26:07 AM »

No signs yet but I am very far away ..... I'm sure it will arrive some time very soon :)  It is the weekend here now and we don't get post ont he weekends but I will be keeping an eye out next week.  Can't be too far off  :)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2013, 02:40:04 PM »

I'm not surprised yours isn't there yet kat.  I remember mailing it because the postal worker was a couple of stamps short of a full sheet (if you know what I mean).  I got into a bit of a philosophical debate with him.  It seems that there was no question at all about "Bob the Pleo" mailing a padded envelope to "RedWoodsMama" because all he saw was the U.S. Address.  But on the one addressed to "Kat" he couldn't figure out what to do on his computer screen.  He asked if it was a business name.  I said no.  He said you can't mail a package internationally without a first and last name.  I foolishly pointed out that "Kat" wasn't her first name anyway.  Saying it was her member ID went right over his head.  I think he started to get the idea when I called it a "nickname".  I'm hoping the postal employees in Australia are smart enough to deliver the envelope I had to modify the address to "Kat Kat". :p  But for some reason, he had no problem with "Bob the Pleo" as the sender . . .   One of these days I'm gonna have to take Bob to the post office and let him mail his own packages . . . ;) ;)

My daughter has a similar problem with her Etsy business.  But she wisely just tells them the the ID are business names and things go smoother.  I guess "Kat" was just too short for a business name!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2013, 03:18:08 PM »

I think Bob will learn a lot by going to the post office, it is amazing some of the people that work there... :-[ I took Major Tom there on occasion and he was amazed at some of the things that go on. Not only are there no stamps in the stamp machines in the hallway, but the people behind the desks allways seem to be "trainees" that know less about the zipcodes then the people mailing packages. I learned it was a lot easier to mail my packages with prepaid ebay or Paypal labels then face the embarrassing slow post office and so called employees. There  is allways an exception to the rule, and perhaps Bob can discover what it is.
         I will have to look for that Padded envelope, catching the bus in awhile to see if there are any packages, envelopes. If so I will post it here. It is allways fun to see the expressions on peoples faces on those international packages that on contents say, Baby Dino Clothes, and they wonder what is going on... :D

Well Kat, now that you have a first and second name, perhaps that package will get there faster!      RWM :cat-hug:

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2013, 06:26:09 PM »

I'm sure it will get here just fine :P  If it makes you feel any better I have similar issues when sending post from here to overseas.  Sending internally to other Australians you can have any name you like on it and no problems but for overseas they like a first and last name  :D  I have found that all the post arrives no worries to me though no matter what name is on the package. 
When my daughter was small she had a teddy called Cuddly (still has him now) that she took with her everywhere - he was her best friend.  When grandma went on holidays she would post letters to both my kids and also one to Cuddly.  My daughter was so excited to see mail for her bear.  :)  Cuddly also posted off his own letters too when we went on holiday.  So if a bear can send and reciev post a Kat shouldn't have any issues  :P  :D

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2013, 08:28:05 PM »

I actually debated about just telling him your real name, but by then I just wasn't feeling very cooperative.   %)

I mailed a package to another forum member in Canada who ordered some stuff from my daughter's Etsy site yesterday.  The postal worker I got for that package was transcribing the form for customs into his computer/cash register using the good old single finger hunt-and-peck method at about 15-20 character per minute . . . and he was saying each letter and number out loud as he typed.  And when it came to the part of the form where you describe what you're sending where I had written "pair of earrings" and for quantity I put "1".  He looked at it for a moment, then asked me "Just one?"  To which I responded "One pair.  You know, one for each ear."  And he goes "I better put down two, then."  :duh:

I think it's an issue of population density being related to employee "density".  When I go to the local rural post office (which employes a total of 1 postmaster to work the counter and 2 carriers who sort & deliver) they seem quite competent.  But whenever I go to one of the big city post offices with lots of workers, I always seem to get the really dumb ones.  :arrow-head:

Of course, on the other hand, when I go to the rural post office and ask for something out of the ordinary like a global priority mail envelope, I usually get a response like "Yeah, I remember seeing one of those last year when I was re-organizing . . . let me see if I can remember where I put it . . . "  (:   (:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2013, 04:49:23 AM »

I've had the odd postal worker who's a lightbulb short of a candelabra but they are typically a pretty competent bunch :) I've never had any issues posting to anyone here. But 'baby Dino clothes' always raises an eyebrow. I can always tell the new workers ;) They are the ones that ask if I meant Dino print baby clothes :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2013, 08:14:25 AM »

"lightbulb short of a candelabra"  :D I've never heard that one before, will have to remember it!

He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2013, 08:05:30 AM »

Perhaps if they thought 'Kat' was too short for a business name ....... Bob should have sent it 'DHL'! ;) :P

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2013, 03:30:48 PM »

Ok, two days ago a package came in the mail, and here Is a video showing what is in the package. I start the video off with a video of all the REdwoods Pleo Township gathering to see what is in the package. A few are missing, but there are most of them here. It took me forever to set this up, so many pleos. If you watch on a full screen you will see more detail. So thanks to Mike and Bob the Pleo, here is the video of the "snake' in the mail. LOL, No, it is not a snake........

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f06datlx6I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f06datlx6I</a>                RWM :cat-hug:

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2013, 05:01:14 PM »

Lovely video RWM :)  and a beautiful little anklet/neclace for Chester! 
Still looking out for the postman ..... so far all he keeps bringing me are bills to pay :P  I'm sure my little rattle snake will arrive sometime soon  :D  I will shout out as soon as it does :)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2013, 08:32:34 PM »

And if you haven't figured it out yet, those glass beads glow in the dark . . . :o

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2013, 11:14:40 PM »

Wow, thanks for letting me know Mike, I will have to take a photo of Chester with the lights on. I do know that they seem to change color according to the light, they pick up different colors, such as blue, purple but they look clear! Pretty cool, now they are even more special. I will post a photo as soon as I can! Of course all the girls are fighting to wear them, but Chester worked hard to pick the best biggest tomato, so he is not going to give up such a great prize easily! ;) P;)

RWM  :cat-hug:

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2013, 05:23:20 AM »

Kat Kat got a package today  :D  A lovely necklace or anklet for my pleos :)  It is very cool and I love that it glows in the dark!   ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal