Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo RB not reading SD card  (Read 5370 times)

Crycek

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
Pleo RB not reading SD card
« on: February 09, 2013, 01:29:07 PM »

Hi everyone,

We have a few Pleo RB units that have stopped being able to read any programs on Micro SD cards, but can still run the default toy program when no SD card is in the robot. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and possibly found a solution. Are these Pleo RBs now useless for running user made programs?

Crycek

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Pleo RB not reading SD card
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 05:26:43 PM »

Have you tried resetting them? 

They big question is if it's a hardware or software problem.  When you say "stopped being able to read any programs on Micro SD cards", do you mean skits?  Have you tried programs that don't rely on the active OS running (such as StatsRB) or just writing a simple startup script to see if the low-level OS is still reading the card). 

Then there's the cards . . .  are other pleo RB's able to read those specific cards?  Or have yoy tried cards that work in other RB to confirm it's not a bad/unreadable card?

If it's truly hardware, you stuck with a cute toy.  If it's a software issue, there are things to try, including a basic reset, or reloading the OS. 

Crycek

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
Re: Pleo RB not reading SD card
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:12:55 AM »

Thanks for the response!

The programs are compiled sensors.p and/or main.p that include playing both sounds and motions. The most simple program was just a sensors.p that had the robot growl when the head touch sensor was triggered. The cards are fine, we have tested the programs on other working Pleo rb's and they work. I haven't tried StatsRB yet though, I will see if that runs. I will also try resetting and reloading the OS and let you know if that solves the problem.

Thanks for your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal