Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using an old PleoRB personality backup on new PleoRB?  (Read 5554 times)

tracytigress

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
Using an old PleoRB personality backup on new PleoRB?
« on: February 06, 2013, 09:40:41 AM »

As my first PleoRB got broken, I had to send her back to PleoEurope, and they are sending me a new one.

As I'm not that interested in going through the hatchling phase again (and I was so fond of Rolli's personality as a whole), and my microSD card still has the backup files that the StatsRB copied on it when I turned my Rolli on last time, I was wondering if I can use these files to replace the personality and memories on the new PleoRB, basically reincarnating Rolli's mind inside a new PleoRB.

Is there a code I could use to moves the backup files to new PleoRB, or are the files something that only the Pleo they were copied from can use? Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but only thing I've found is how to make the backup, not how to get them back into PleoRB.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Using an old PleoRB personality backup on new PleoRB?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 04:12:59 PM »

I don't think anyone has ever tried it with a pleo rb.  When I spoke to Innvo about it for one of my guys that had to be replaced they told me it wasn't possible for pleo rb.  Pleopet is the one who wrote the Statsrb and changerb programs though so maybe pleopet will be able to help you out with it. 

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
Re: Using an old PleoRB personality backup on new PleoRB?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 05:56:33 AM »

Yes, there is a way of replacing the current "pm_props" and other files inside the Pleo body with the ones from a "statsRB" backup.
You must have at least the "pm_props.bak" file from the old PleoRB. If you have the other files, then that is a bonus.
They may be issues if the real-time-clock of the two PleoRB's were different (it uses the RTC for evolving in later states)

However it is easier to run "ChangeRB" to change your new PleoRB's "DNA" settings to match the old one (see the statsRB report).
That will be very much like the old dog. You will have to run through the rebirthing process (but there are tricks to speed that up).

I suggest trying the "ChangeRB" approach first. Save the old Rolli personality from the micro-SD card to your computer first.
If you are unhappy with that, please email me the old personality and I'll dust off my update program.

Good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal