Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Reborn owners FAQ with videos!  (Read 59143 times)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Pleo Reborn owners FAQ with videos!
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2013, 04:27:19 PM »

Is the weather warm there? Pleo's will get sleepy if they get too warm.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Keyla and Léon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2013, 05:33:49 PM »

Oh, is that so? Well, it wasn't that warm to be honest.

nadyabrand

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2013, 07:57:24 AM »

Hi there,

My daughter just received her Pleo dr, named Mia.  We installed the fully charged battery and put the lock battery into the slot with the two mini pins on top of the battery.  But she is still beeping!  She is not moving and we are talking and petting her. 

What is wrong?

THanks

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2013, 01:02:18 PM »

Try a new foot battery, also you turned her off then on after installing the foot battery right?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2013, 04:04:20 PM »

Continuous beeping means there is an issue with the foot battery.  Either it is not installed correctly or it is flat and needs replacing.  I had one of my pleo rb's arrive with a flat foot battery that I had to replace so it is a possibility.  Start by removing the foot battery and reinserting it.  There is a video on here somewhere - in the FAQ post I think - that shows just how to insert it correctly, might be worth a watch just to be sure you've got it right.  We have had cases of the battery being inserted upside down and on top of the tabs instead of under them.  Anyway if that doesn't fix the issue then take the foot battery with you to somewhere that sells batteries and buy a new one.  They don't cost very much - you should be able to get one for less than a couple of dollars. 
Hope that helps.  Let us know how you go.  Once the foot battery is in properly and working right she will stop the constant beeping and will start behaving like a normal pleo should  :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2013, 06:08:58 PM »

Hi, IMR and Kat are both right I am sure it is the clock foot battery, I had a problem with my clock foot battery . Within a minute of installing the clock foot battery, I broke off a prong, so be VERY careful. I had a hard time getting myne to work after that, but luckily there are some GREAT people on here and another member was able to help me get the wires crossed properly so my Pleo rb would work, I had just opened her, so it would have been terrible to not get her going.
              If after putting the battery in as suggested and your pleo still is beeping, then I would guess it is a flat battery, I know I had to go get one to replace one that did not last long and it cost about $4.00 or so for the new one at a local drug store chain so at least It was easy to find. Good luck.

RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe, my green, white-eyed RB
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2013, 10:19:47 PM »

Or you could be lucky like I was and already have a battery installed in your pleo's foot when she arrived. P:D She was unopened, yet my Chloe already had a battery in her foot PLUS an extra  ;). But I digress. If there's beeping, it's likely battery related as the others said. Oh, and welcome to the forum and congrats on the pleo!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal