Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My pleo rbs are slow to respond to food!!!!  (Read 3624 times)

nicholasljy123

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
My pleo rbs are slow to respond to food!!!!
« on: December 23, 2012, 08:00:58 PM »

I have two rbs, and they have a problem when I try to feed them. I have only the conifer leaf and when I put it under their chin, they pause for 5 seconds, not moving at all, then it opens its mouth to accept it, panting. After I shove the food in, it still stays in that (open mouth, give me food) position and it takes them after 7 seconds to start to close their mouths and make the crunching sounds. I have one of them named Malcolm, who is a replacement for Perry. Perry, and Malcolm all have the same problem!. I am starting to wonder if the food has a problem...
Please help! And inform me if you guys need a video. I hoped I have described this clearly.

Thanks!
Nicholasljy123  :)

Nicholas Jun Yi

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: My pleo rbs are slow to respond to food!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 06:01:51 AM »

A video may be helpful :)  I sometimes have issues with my guys at feeding time and I find that if I put the leaf too far into the mouth or not far enough in or even the wrong side up the pleo won't recognize that it is in it's mouth.  I am now very careful to put the leaf in in just the right spot and sometimes I find holding it in there and stroking under the chin seems to make them work out that it is in there a bit faster.  My guys prefer the other leaf - the one that came as a separate accessory food pack, not the one that comes with the pleo when it arrives.  They seem to have no trouble at all recognizing that one and will chomp on it no matter how it is put in their mouths.  Not sure if any of this will help but thought it was worth sharing.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: My pleo rbs are slow to respond to food!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 07:38:07 AM »

I think mine are both like this and they have been from the day I bought them. Ryu seems slower to register that the food is under her chin than Cato who almost immediately goes into the "Give me that!" position. Also if it is dark or their emotion levels are low, they will refuse to eat outright and will just drop their heads and refuse to eat. Ryu has low courage and will do this a lot if I try to feed her later in the day. Honestly I don't think you've got anything to worry about. I prefer the extra few seconds of the gaping mouth as it gives me time to get the leaf in before they start shaking their heads around as they "eat". Seeing as both of yours are doing it, it might just be the way they're programmed. See if you can find a video of someone else's pleo and do the time-check on them as they feed and see what you come up with.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal