Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: PLEO ROBOTIC PET MERLIN EDTION  (Read 24929 times)

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
PLEO ROBOTIC PET MERLIN EDTION
« on: August 22, 2011, 06:35:27 AM »

Does any1 know much about the PLEO ROBOTIC PET MERLIN EDTION that is being launched ? and will it have the improved skin and battery etc ??
here is a link

http://www.merlin-digital.com/product_info.php?cPath=81&products_id=120

come across it from the pleoworld home page.

August 18, 2011 - ,
A Special Commerative Edition of The Original Pleo
We are proud to announce that Merlin Digital that will be exclusively distributing a special commerative edition of the original Pleo. This special edition will be available at leading electronic superstores in the MENA region, South Africa, Ukraine and Australia. Availability in other regions will begin soon. Included in the value bundle is a Cape for the Pleo, a 2GB SD Card pre-loaded with Personality files and Mini Pleo Cell band
Some of the fine outlets currently retailing the Pleo Merlin Digital Edition are the Dubai Duty Free, Plugins, Hamleys, Sharaf Digital....
For retail and wholesale inquiries please contact Merlin Digital at sales@merlin-me.com.
Further details on the special edition can be found on www.merlin-digital.com.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:43:56 AM by barrettgazzy »

2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: PLEO ROBOTIC PET MERLIN EDTION
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 06:54:37 AM »

Oh well spotted Gaz!  :D

I noticed the same deal from the Saudi seller on Ebay that some of us were a bit nervous about a few weeks back, with a 1 year warranty.  My guess is that the seller and Innvo knocked out a deal between them.  As they were originally offering the 2009/2010 Innvo version with improved skin and cables (as sold by PleoWorld until the RB came out) I'd be surprised if this was any different.  :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220824026119?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 06:59:53 AM »

i would be tempted to buy 1 but not knowing for sure if this Pleo has improved skin , cables and battery put's me off a little lol
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 07:06:16 AM »

If it IS the same deal as they were offering in eBay originally, it's not a bad one with the warranty.  I've asked them, and will let you know if and when I get a response.

*Let's hope I have better luck than I did with Innvo!!  %)  :P*

ADDED:

Sigh ............. this seller seems determined to sabotage itself on eBay.  It still looks more like a scam, and they now have International Shipping as $25 but say elsewhere free shipping on orders under $150.  :-\

I've asked them about it, politely, but even MY patience is beginning to run out .............  :P

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:50:19 AM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 12:05:02 PM »

I thought about responding to this several times and I keep noticing over and over again that even though they have sold 3 of these since June, the feedback rate never goes above 7, I find that very strange and alarming, They allso keep changing the decription of the Pleos they are selling and with 1 year warranty, the shipping changes and the price changes. I can only say with no feedback, buyer beware. even though Ebay says they protect you, I would find it hard to do when this place is where it is. How can they have  over 100 of these "special" pleos and sell some yet, the feedback never changes. That is a red flag to me. You would be better off buying the $199.00 new Pleo that Kat and some others have bought . There is something very strange about this seller, I have emailed them and they even offered to send me photos of their "warehouse" but unless I see actual feedback from someone who has purchased one of these Pleos, I can only say use common  sense.

RWM                           Oh, and I am the one who started this thread quite awhile ago cause it looked suspicious
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 12:10:53 PM »

As before, RWM, I agree 'buyer beware'!  :D

Even if they're not actually dishonest, they are sloppy and unprofessional, and that sounds like a potential headache.  ^-^

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 12:30:24 PM »

When you say, Improved skin and cables, unless this is the Innvo 209 edition,how can this be? These are made by Innvo and nobody else has the right to "improve" or do any other work on their Pleos . True, they can offer extras, warranty etc, but they can not "alter" Pleos from the way they come from the factory. Also if they won't answer questions, they are either hiding something or poor business "men". Not professional at all, If I could see just One feedback, negative or postive, but something from the pleos they have sold since first posting this add, then I would have something to go on. I can't believe they have sold 3 of these, One was a auction , one was a buy it now, and one sold for something like $207.00 with free shipping which was a bargain. I can believe one person may be lazy and not leave feedback, but three, come on....something wrong there. I sell lots of things on ebay and at least 70% of the people I sell to leave feedback, and I have close to 1,000 feedback.( all postive ;D)
                If anyone does buy one here, just be careful and please leave feedback and ask questions questions questions.
                                     RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 12:41:04 PM »

Originally the eBay seller said this WAS the Innvo 2009/2010 model, hence the improved skin and cables, and as they have announced the edition on the PleoWorld News page Innvo must be endorsing this edition in some way, I'd have thought.  :-\

As I say, I completely agree that 'buyer beware' and really don't want to encourage anyone to rush out and buy this.  I do want to look into it further, though.  :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 04:03:52 PM »

It just looks plain suss all round, they are using images of a Ugobe Pleo and even those really old pre-production model Pleo's which can be found on google. Surely if they really had an exclusive deal with Innvo they would have some photos of the actual 2009/10 Pleo. I'd say buy at your own risk, it certainly isn't some special limited edition Pleo, just the usual green ones with a few tidbits added.

Edit: Just reading through I spotted the word Ugobe in there, 'a website which Ugobe will provide', I think they've had that ad up for a long time and just swapped out Ugobe for Innvo labs. I can't see any confirmation of which model it is.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:10:27 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 05:43:38 PM »

It will be interesting to see if it turns out to be for real or not.

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »

Yep although i do not think i am willing to take the risk  ;D

But there must be a Merlin Edition pleo available though as it is in writing on the pleoworld webpage  ???

all i want to know is why do this Merlin Edition when you can buy a Reborn now ? why take a step back lol
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 02:32:52 PM »

Eh.. I remember that Saudi seller too.. I emailed innvo about his auction because he was lying about what the Pleo could do and told me he was a registered distributor for his region.. his auction came down that day or the next day so I assume they did something about it. Soooo if it's the same thing, I really doubt it's anything.. or anything special. If it is something new, it looks the same to me.. are they just trying to grab whatever money they can? Was this really attached to an official site? Sounds very fishy.

- Sarah

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 04:28:49 PM »

I will repeat over and over again what I have said about this seller, regardless of what this Pleo can or can't do, the price etc, all I want to see is NEW feedback from one of the persons who has purchased a Pleo from this seller since June when the first ad ran, No feedback has been changed since June, When somebody like this seller on ebay ( or anywhere else) has 100 or more Pleos for sale, is selling them, and still their feedback does not go up one even  and they have the same 7 feedback, all as a buyer and nothing new, something just isn't "Kosher".
                                                        RWM

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 06:49:24 PM »

Hmm...I've never heard of these "Merlin edition" pleos.  Are they just like the Ugobe's but with better skin?

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 09:38:50 PM »

Well the company selling them appears to be CALLED 'Merlin' so either they set up some crummy deal to sell innvo's updated ugobe Pleos with their name attached so you can get the key chain and SD card with their name on it (I wouldn't mind the mini Pleo key chain but I am NOT spending over 300 bucks on an older model Pleo, no matter what they say ) 
Look at the images they are showing on the auction for the site... it's all the old images of the original ugobe.. the old model, the old picture of one 'eating' from a bowl.. it's crap..  :P :P 

- Sarah

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 09:45:50 PM »

lol i always thought the picture of pleo eating from bowl was misleading ...

Maybe with any future Pleo's they could design a feed bowl for pleo so that Pleo can track down and approach all by it self to feed  ?? Or maybe Innvo could start thinking about releasing a update with improvements with something like this added that way there is room for releasing more accessories that i am sure ppl will be willing to buy ?
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 09:29:37 AM »

If you do researchhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Pleo-Robot-Pet-Merlin-Digital-Edition-/220824026119?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336a233c07  and their official site where they sell the same "special Merlin Pleo edition". notice the price is as follows, http://www.merlin-digital.com/product_info.php?products_id=120  ($382.00 but it is $349.00 on Ebay buy it now, and on their own site, ( Melin) the US price for Pleo Merlin Edition is $388.00 , it looks like they don't even know their own price, The shipping is allways changing also, If you look at the seller on the ebay site selling these who also has the name Merlin7, that is his feedback number, 7 and the only feedback he has is 7 and goes all the way back to 2010.....that is strange, why is that not changing if he is selling these. Also if you look at the decription of the Pleo which is taken from the PleoWorld site, but he changes a couple of things, ( Merlin the company does it seems) saying that it is good that Pleo is about the size of a puffy cat as they would not want to ship a full grown dinosaur. Also they still use the decription of Pleo being able to limp, etc, which they used long ago and we were told here on the forums, " that was a Prototype, " only Pleo Rb can do that. I wish ( almost....) someone here would order one of these just to put the final word on these guys and Pleo. The business is legit it appears but the seller is what I have red flags about. For having over or at least 100 of these and not getting feedback after selling some of these, that is what bothers me, makes me not want to believe this guy is legit.
                                                                                           RWM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pleo-Robot-Pet-Merlin-Digital-Edition-/220824026119?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336a233c07   THIS IS THE EBAY SITE FOR MERLIN , SORRY IGNORE THE TOP ONE IT DID NOT COPY  CORRECTLY.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:33:01 AM by RedwoodsMama »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 09:38:24 AM »

Innvo do appear to have sanctioned this:

http://www.pleoworld.com/home/news/pressreleases/11-08-18/A_Special_Commerative_Edition_of_The_Original_Pleo.aspx

Maybe they're just struggling - frankly much of the behavior Innvo themselves display towards their customers is sloppy and would make me suspicious if I didn't actually KNOW they were a decent company!

As usual - I've asked them but I don't hold out much hope of a response!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 10:00:18 AM »

Crewella, I am not saying that the company, Merlin is not legit, I am talking about the seller is the one I am suspicious of, they are not a very savvy seller and not very good at what they do and the feedback that they have does not depict any Pleos sold, I know the Merlin company is legit and they do sell lots of electronics. I do know Innvo endorsed Merlin, I am only talking about the seller but put the Merlin site up as the seller uses the name Merlin and uses their photos which does nothing to improve his standing .
                                                                               RWM

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 03:27:20 AM »

i have messaged the seller on ebay selling the merlin edition and have asked them to send me pictures of the packaging that there merlin edition come in .

Although these are original Pleo's from what i understand Innvo Labs bought the Ugobe pleo brand and so even if these are merlin edition pleo's based on ugobe originals there should still be a Innvo mark some where ? as they are now the creators and owners of Pleo and Ugobe does not exist any more ...

i am thinking about buying a Merlin Edition Pleo from the merlin website but firstly i would like to know if the merlin edition has the improved skin and neck and tail cables and also does it have the improved battery ?  ???

waiting on reply's from both Innvo and Merlin now ......  :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:48:00 AM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 04:30:33 AM »

Gaz, I asked them through eBay messages to confirm if this was the original Ugobe Pleo or the Innvo 2009/2010 slightly improved version.  This was the reply:

Dear crewella,

Yes this is slightly improved 2009 model not the earlier Ugobe Model.

- merlinuae

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 04:38:23 AM »

be interesting to see what kind of reply i get from Innvo and Merlin also ...
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 05:49:01 AM »

It will - keep us posted!  :D

I did also ask them why it said 'free shipping on orders under $150' in the text/pic but also quoted shipping costs, and I asked about a warranty.  I'll let you know if I get a response.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 08:01:55 AM »

I look forward to hearing what they have to say.  It is all very interesting. %)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 12:11:04 PM »

Merlin told me which was as follows in my email message, back in July of this yearDear fluffypurrcat,

Dear PHS,

The reason we have used stock photos is because we are global distributors of the INNVOLABS Pleo 2nd generation(not to be confused with the new RB)
Our stock comes brand new from their factory in Guangdong (by JETTA)

I can send photos of the boxes that we have in our warehouse - please respond with an email address if that's how you'd like me to send the pics

Alternatively you can learn more about us from merlin-digital.com   If you need more answers other than this, I am sure I can get them, but like I said, Feedback Is what I want to see from one of the THREE people who has bought one of these three versions of Pleos they have sold, whether it was a buy it now,or best offer, fixed price and the very first one was a auction.               

RWM

- merlinuae   Hope this helps some, also if you look at their main page they say , all their products have a one year warranty, but I was told on ebay when I asked about their warranty, they seemed confused and said it was covered either by Innvo labs or Merlin, the company. They do answer emails, but seem to contradict their answers over and over, Like I have said over and over, just show me the feedback. I do not care about the answers they give, I want to see feedback from somebody who had bought one of these and that will answer all the questions I have about this seller, either negativly or postivily.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal