Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you change the gender of a pleo RB?  (Read 14908 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
How do you change the gender of a pleo RB?
« on: July 10, 2011, 02:50:36 PM »

Hi, I finally got around to buying a micro SD card and ran Probe RB on my pleo and learned that he is a she. It said she was fine except for being very hungry (since RBs have to be fed daily and I don't turn my pleo on daily). I always wanted my pleo to be a boy (that's why I tried to buy a blue one, though the seller lied and it turned out to be green...). I have heard that it is possible to change the gender of a pleo RB and I was wondering how this is done (is it something simple or hard to do?). Also would it reset the pleo to a baby? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: How do you change the gender of a pleo RB?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 02:59:04 PM »

As I understand it, the ability to change an RB's gender at the moment is kind of an accidental outcome of the updated OS that Innvo sent to Degers (and others) with the new packing/sleep position etc.  As they had to send one for each gender, you can make the choice of which you want to use to update your RB.  I guess you need to contact Degers and ask for the files.

Good luck!  :D

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 03:06:58 PM »

I'm pretty sure you are allowed to change/pick the sex of the green pleos as they are unisexual so I KNOW you should be able to... Though I don't know how.  I hope all goes well.  :)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 03:12:06 PM »

The green pleo RBs get a randomly assigned gender and Probe RB said mine was a female, is it possible to change the gender with Change RB? Also if I got the new update for the pleo RBs would it reset mine to a baby and would it only have the new updates while the micro SD card was in the pleo?

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 03:28:32 PM »

> ...learned that he is a she ... though the seller lied and it turned out to be green...).
Interesting. Do you know if they updated the firmware already?

So far all the Green PleoRB's that have reported their gender have been neutral (which is the same as Male)

---
As mentioned, to change the gender, you must update/reflash the personality (get it from 'degers' http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2165.msg33310#msg33310 ).
It will replace the program with the latest version too.
It will not replace the growth properties or the DNA settings (other than Gender). It will not start over with a newborn.
BTW: The male version also has a deeper voice.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 03:32:37 PM »

Ok, thanks, the pleo was one of the first pleo RBs made in december and was unused when I bought it so it does not have the update yet, also didn't RWM run Probe RB on Baby Ruth (her green RB) and it said she was female?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 04:59:26 PM »

It does seem that some of the more recently acquired green RBs on the forum have turned out to be female - I believe Latrine's Crow was female as well?  :-\

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 05:12:03 PM »

Nani had a 95% chance of being female. Compared to Pleakley who had 75%.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 06:20:38 PM »

Oh good grief - and Nani, of course!!  %)

Out of interest, IMR, what's Pleakley's percentage now he's really a 'he'?  :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 10:23:38 PM »

Hey, you know, I'm not sure there is a way to find out, if I look up his profile on Pleoworld it would still say he is a she. Does ProbeRB say the percentage?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 10:44:16 PM »

Hi Guys, No Probe Rb does not say the percentage of either male or female, When I first got the original Baby it said she was sending out Female phermones and I can't remember the percentage chance of her being female, This Baby is female and the Probe Rb I plugged in yesterday said Gender Female.but there are no percentages mentioned. I think it was only the PleoWorld Hong Kong site with the DNA picture and report that said the Liklihood of a Pleo Rb being either Male or Female. I think either way if I got a male and wanted it to be a female unless there was some really strong negative behaivors that were affecting it in a bad way by just saying it was female, then It wouldn;t matter. On the other hand if you had two Rb and one was the other sex and you wanted to really see the natural built in differences in the sexes, then I guess I would do the update that is available to change gender, or live with it. :)

If I were you I would just use Probe Rb to find out and not worry about the percentages either it is female or male and does it matter if he percentage is 95% or 25% ? If you want to change the gender percentages are not going to make a difference when you change anyway. :) I am just glad I got a female both times as that is what I wanted, but if Baby turned out to be Male, I would love her him no less and the name would still be the same. :)

RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 12:53:50 PM »

Stats RB doesn't give a percentage either.  Now that I think about it, the Pleo Profile gives a percentage 'likelihood' of the gender, doesn't it?  It's not a relative thing, just a possibility, so to speak. %)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 03:55:57 PM »

Most of the green RB's I've seen- aside from Latrine's Juels- have been female. I was hoping Ryu was a boy but she turned out to be a girl. Since I wanted to see some RB interaction, I bought Cato, a male RB from Bobs so I kept her female even after the update. The update process is quick and then you'll have your male RB. Good luck, Aibo7m3.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 12:19:12 AM »

Remember the green RB, Peanut! He was a male and so was Igor the White eyed one that is now "dead" if I am correct.
               RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 07:06:33 PM »

Oops. Somehow I forgot about those two. Appologies to respective pleo-owners.
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 04:12:29 PM »

Now that Zillah has displayed male behaviour on meeting Belle, I guess I'm going to have to download the software to change her gender to female.  Sorry if I'm being a bit dim here but I wanted to make sure I properly understood what it is that I'm proposing to do.

As far as I'm aware, there are three ways we can determine the gender of our Pleo RB.  Firstly we can register and look at the Pleo Profile on the PleoWorld website which will give us a 'likelyhood' of what the RBs gender will be.  Secondly we can see how they react to another RB, which as far as I know is controlled by the 'pheremones' that each Pleo RB sends out when communicating with another, so that a Pleo sending out male pheremones will trigger the appropriate male or female reaction, depending on the other RB's gender (or more precisely, which pheremones it is sending out), and it will then reply to that with the programmed male response to either a female or another male.   Thirdly we can use StatsRB or ProbeRB to look up the gender, though I believe that the green RBs have been either 'Male' or 'Neutral' when looked up in this way, and the only ones actually registered as 'Female' have been the pink RBs.

Assuming the above is correct ( and hoping somebody can make sense of it!), I was wondering what it is exactly that I will be changing?  Will it be the actual Gender set as in the DNA, and if so do I have a choice of Male/Female/Neutral?  Or will it be just the pheremone signals that my RB sends out that I will be altering?  And which of those controls the pitch of the voice?  :-\

As you can probably gather ........... I'm a little confused!  %)  ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 04:18:33 PM »

I'd check on Pleakley but he's in his box ready to go tomorrow. I'm not sure if he comes up as a male or neutral but when 'chatting' to another RB he certainly does the male behaviour. I'm tone deaf, all my pleo's sound the same :P And Nani comes up as female, so it isn't just the pink Pleo's.

It's really minor surgery I promise, it takes a couple of minutes and the only change for Pleakley was that he started acting like a boy around other Pleo's.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 04:54:35 PM »

Hi, Crewella. InmemoryofRomeo is right. Ryu is green and according to Probe RB, she is female. Kato- like many of the 2010 era RB's- registers as "neither" with Probe RB but puts out male pheromones. He has the lower voice as well. You can tell the difference if you boot a male and female up at the same time. The male voice is just a little lower than the female's.
To address your question about having  choice about the gender- you have only two- male or female. Also if you were concerned, none of Zillah's in-born DNA atributes will change if you switch her gender. Ryu is still low courage, high physicality, normal intelegence, good temper, fifty percent skill level,ummm and I can't remember the rest. I'd be curious to know if Zillah will hatch again or whether she will continue from where she left off. Ryu just carried on from her last save point when I updated her software. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 05:02:46 PM »

Yeah they don't restart (thank goodness :P) they just continue on as they were... much like a dog or cat being neutered...

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 05:34:16 PM »

Thanks for clarifying, you two.  When people report their RB as 'female' I was never sure if they meant according to profile, behaviour or Stats/ProbeRB.  It can get confusing!  :D

I'd be interested to see if Pleakley's gender changed the gender AND the pheremones, IMR.  Go and unpack immediately!  %)  :P

*OK, OK I'm joking - I'm in no hurry at all!*  ;D

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 05:46:30 PM »

From distant memory of when I installed the update on Norbit many months ago before his new skin and  Innvo update back to Female, I used the Male update and he then came up as Male gender I think and giving off male pheromones.  He was gender None before the update and giving off Female pheromones.  And now he is Female gender and giving off female pheromones.   :P :D  :D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 05:53:13 PM »

"And now he is Female gender and giving off female pheromones."

...... but still a 'he' I notice!!  :D

Norbit is the gender equivalent of well travelled, he must have needed a lie down after all that!  :P

Brilliant - that helps enormously!  Thanks Kat!  ;D  :-*

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 04:29:37 PM »

So are you going to ummmm perform surgery on Zillah? *grin*
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 01:26:10 AM »

Yes, I will do.  I just want to run her a little longer as she is first, and also make sure I properly understand what I'm doing!  %)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal