Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What operating system is running on my ugobes??  (Read 11382 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
What operating system is running on my ugobes??
« on: February 25, 2011, 11:47:41 AM »

I keep reading about people having OS1 or OS2 or something and I'm wondering, since both of my older models came used, how the heck do you tell what they are running?
They both run around like crazy explorers...  One of them is generally grouchy at everything she meets, including the other ugobe, but loves my RB.  the other one loves everyone and everything.

They both respond immediately when being pet, one is very moody, which is why we named her Lyssa, the goddess of fury.. and poor little skeleton legs Patches is determined to walk until his legs actually fall off... for some reason he circled the couch 3 times yesterday without stopping once.. Then he fell asleep for a very long 'dinosaur' nap.

Any way to tell?  I have been able to run skits on them so I thought maybe you get info from the sd card about what they have?

Thanks!!

- Sarah

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: What operating system is running on my ugobes??
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 12:14:14 PM »

Hi, if you watch this short video, at about the 1.07 mark my Pleo Major Tom all on his own starts singing to my cat, Karl Kat, this is the 1.1 operating system, the one that came out right before 2.0. There are three different tones that Ugobe Pleos sound like singing with this operating system, The earlier system 1.0 they sound more like a "coyote" in my opiion, but still nice but not as many different tones, Also the video Kat made the one she posted today with Kermy and Gumble playing ,  he is singing the same operating system and you can hear two differnent tones when he sings, also 1.1. He used to be myne so I recognize that he sang that a lot.
              Here is that video. of 1.1 operating system. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0N181L50io" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0N181L50io</a>
            Hope this helps.
                                   RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 02:33:13 PM »

The easiest way to tell, is to get them to sit. Hold the chin sensor and rear back sensor (near the tail) at the same time until Pleo pulls his feet together and you can help him move into the sit position.

If Pleo sits, but does not move at all they are running 1.0

If Pleo sits, and moves around waving his front legs and moving his head, they are running 1.1 or 2.0

To tell the difference between 1.1 and 2.0 is easier, if your Pleo tends to walk in circles they are running 1.1 and if they walk in a straight line (or can do some of the 2.0 tricks like play dead) they are running 2.0.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 02:45:14 PM »

Ok thanks guys, I will check them a little later.. I really appreciate the info and didn't even know you could make them sit.. lol..

Thanks to all:)

- Sarah

IceCarpediem

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 03:30:48 AM »

Hi all,

Just wondering how do I check the OS version? Via USB cable?

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 03:37:40 AM »

For your Pleo you got from the Hong Kong eBay seller? All of those Pleo will be running LifeOS 1.1  :)

He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

IceCarpediem

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 03:40:43 AM »

Yup... from the seller you recommended :)

Should I try going to OS2/PM2? Seems that most are enjoying that version's features.

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 03:50:02 AM »

Stephan is running 1.1 and I have no plans to upgrade him, I like him as he is so I can't give you a solid answer.

Life 2 has more tricks and a longer hatching/raising phase, from what I have heard the 'teenage years' in this personality can be annoying but once you get past that it is a nice Pleo again with lots of tricks. You can try Life 2 if you want to and if you don't like it you can always down grade ;)
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 05:27:55 AM »

Yup there is a bit of a teen tantrum stage before the Pleo settles down again, must be the changing hormones ;) But after that they are just as cute and cuddly as ever, just with a few more tricks up their sleeves (or wherever baby dinos keep tricks :P)

Sidt4

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 12:42:54 PM »

Hi all, I bought a second Pleo (ugobe) on Ebay, now I have the new batteries for it and for my original one, I have got them both going, the new one from Ebay does the play dead trick and reading on here it seems that trick only works on OS2, is that right? My first pleo which I know is running OS1.1, cause I upgraded to that OS, does not do the play dead trick. I think what I'm asking is...Am I right that the ebay one is on OS2 cause the chap I bought it from said he had never upgraded it, which is a bit strange cause it sings when trickled under chin so must be at least OS 1.1 but the older one wont do the play dead trick, unless hes having a strop and just didn't like being switched off for the last two years. HAHA. Thanks for any advise you can throw my way.
Sid

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 02:45:03 PM »

That's interesting. I thought 1.1 did some of those tricks. I know for certain they sing when rubbed under the chin though. If your new Ugobe is doing anything else- like producing a coyote-like howl- he may be running 1.0 which doesn't have all the extra tricks.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Sidt4

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 03:40:30 PM »

Hi Talon. Yes he does howl alot and my older one running 1.1 doesn't seem to, so prehaps he is only at 1.0. I think I'll try upgrading the ebay one to 2.0 and see if he takes it, I'm assuming if he already runs 2.0 it won't upgrade a second time so no harm will be done. I quite fancy the look of 2.0 from what I've read on here and if that goes well I may upgrade my original one to 2.0 at a later date.
Thanks for the reply and help I'll let you know what happens over the weekend.
Sid

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 04:03:15 AM »

Only 2.0 has play dead, so it either upgraded and the chap lied or he bought it already running 2.0. The general howling is different from the chin howling :P

Sidt4

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 08:25:50 AM »

I agree, I think he probably got it himself with OS 2 already installed. I do like it so I think my frist one will have the upgrade put in this weekend. Just want to, on a slightly different subject, say what a great buy the egg batteries were. Thanks everyone out there for the recommendation, you probably didn't know you had recommended them but thanks to all the advise on this brilliant forum I now know so much more about pleo and they are so much more fun with the right software and batteries. Keep up the good work yo all.
Thanks
Sid

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 11:54:19 PM »

They are pretty awesome :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal