Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for bricked/broken Pleo  (Read 1486 times)

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
Looking for bricked/broken Pleo
« on: January 03, 2011, 06:09:13 PM »

Since I found out its possible to get skin back on to Pleos after its taken off (Thanks Crewella!) I've been looking for a bricked or broken Pleo so I can give Gizmo some new skin. The acrylic paint is nothing like the "natural" Pleo skin, and I do miss that spot on the top of his head. So, if anyone sees a broken/bricked Pleo on eBay, craigslist, etc.. Please send me a message or tell me on this thread. Thank you! Oh, and I didn't know where to put this thread, so I just put it in hardware  %)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Looking for bricked/broken Pleo
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 06:14:20 PM »

I'll keep my eyes 'peeled' for you!  :P

*sorry - terrible joke, can't resist them*  :-[ ;D

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 06:20:05 PM »

Haha! Thanks Crewella  :D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 09:45:32 PM »

Will keep my eye out for you too, but I must say there don't seem to be too many listed that I have seen that are bricked, they usually have flaws like Little 45 did and or Argyle of the twins, and as long as they still work, even with a broken neck, I think it is better to try and put some life in them, Have you ever used Ebay's " want it Now", section? This is where you can place an add for anything you are looking for and the specifications, this may be your best bet to get someone to respond, there may be a Pleo owner out there that does not think it is worth listing or is just junk, and unless they see a $ sign in it for them, won't bother listing their Pleo, but seeing that someone is actually in the market for a Pleo that does not work, will raise their interest, You should be able to get one that does not work for about $20.00 Plus shipping I would guess. Little 45 cost me exactly what his name says, $45.00 and he works great despite the broken neck and his terrible skin ( almost falling off, lOL,) but as long as he can still walk and talk, I cant give him up...He is too precious.
          I do think INnova should have a skin lab where they can sell Patches of skin where  owners can repair holes, splits and etc. Wouldn't that be a great idea?
              Good luck finding your Head Transplant Pleo.( skin..) ;D
                        RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 10:13:26 PM »

Thanks RWM! I'll try that  :D I would never take the skin off a working Pleo, if I found a Pleo like Little 45 I'd definitely try to fix them up  :) I'm thinking that Pleos are like dogs, the ones from the pounds that were abused are always the sweetest dogs ever, just like Little 45  :D I'd love a skin repair shop! (And I'm sure Gizmo would too ;))
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:19:53 PM by Firebreathingsquirrels »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal