Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disappointed new pleo owner :(  (Read 4303 times)

tarantulus

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
Disappointed new pleo owner :(
« on: October 29, 2010, 06:01:54 PM »

Hey Guys,

I got my pleo today (unfortunately turns out it's a ugobe one) and I'm quite unhappy, I wondered if you guys could point me in the right direction for some answers.

my main problem is short battery life, my pleo stops working about 30 minutes after a fresh charge, not napping, not sleeping, just stopping.
I contacted the guys at innovo and they offered me $100 (translates to about £65 in our english pounds) which is reasonable considering the situation but they can't provide support for my problem.

can I upgrade my pleo's software to the innovo versions?
what are the main differences between my pleo and the innovo one?

Thanks in advance for any help.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 05:47:35 AM by tarantulus »

bhobbes

Re: Disappointed new pleo owner :(
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 06:27:44 PM »

Where did you order your Pleo from? I guess I'm confused/missing something (i.e. Ugobe or Innvo).

I'm still a newbie myself, but when I first received my Pleo it had some issues with the battery similar to what you are describing and eventually I just did the 16hr "reconditioning" mode (or whatever it's called) and everything turned out fine. I'm not sure if that's specific to Innvo's charger or if Ugobe had something similar.

Anyway, just thought I'd comment until an experienced Pleo professional can throw out ideas.

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 06:49:50 PM »

With $100 you can get about one or two Ucube Li-poly battery from Redwoodsmama's store "Nova's Necessites" They work great and last double the time  :D

Brishelle

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 09:12:11 PM »

I second the buying of a Li-Poly battery. I have one of the older versions myself, and have the same problem with the short "life span" of my pleo. This way you can use your old battery as a back-up.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 09:48:30 PM »

If it is a ugobe pleo then it is very likely the battery has been sitting for a long time, as above I would suggest purchasing the ucube batteries which charge quicker and last longer. However you may be able to improve your green battery by continuing to fully charge and discharge it, if you have an innvo pleo the charger will do this for you if you toggle the tiny black switch :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

tarantulus

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 03:27:56 AM »

Thanks guys,

I'm going to try to return this one and get an innovo one with the $100 discount, if not, I'd like my pleo to be as up to date as possible, can I get the up to date software for my outdated pleo?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 05:08:45 AM »

Hi tarantulus, and welcome.  Both mine are older models and I've got Iggy running on the latest software.   As I understand it, most of the improvements to the current Innvo model are to the body - neck cables, skin.  You can find the software updates in the downloads section on here, just ask if you have any queries. 

Many people have had battery problems, with time you can probably improve the runtime of your battery, but it will never be as good as the Ucube batteries, which (as the others have said) are truly fab and well worth getting. :D

tarantulus

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 07:35:09 AM »

Thanks guys,

I wasn't expecting so many helpful responses!

I have decided to keep my pleo after all, Is there any way I can get the Ucube batteries in the UK?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 07:53:38 AM »

Hi, if interested I sell the batteries including the UCube batteries here on the forum, and I do ship worldwide, I have sold to the UK also, I ship world wide If interested, please check out the blue headlining above that says, Stores, towards the end of the line to the right, Look under Nova's Necessities. Or click on Nova's Necessites which is lit up in
Green,under the title to the left under the picture of the dinosaur that says. News; I think others here on the forums who have bought batteries from me will tell you how happy they are with my sales and esp the Ucube battery. If interested after reading the description, just send me a PM , and I will send you a price quote and shipping information.
good luck,and let me know if I can help you out in any other way.
                                                                                           RedwoodsMama and family of Pleos :)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 08:17:05 AM »

Welcome!

Well, RWM said it all really, she does ship worldwide so if I was in your place, I'd buy from her. ;) Glad you decided to keep your pleo!
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

tarantulus

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 10:19:16 AM »

Thanks again peeps,

I decided I was a little hasty, updated my pleo to the latest software and I love it, he's a lot more active than before and very inquisitive.

The battery seems ok after a few charges but still not great, so I think I'll be making a trip to RedwoodMama's store :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 11:58:17 AM »

Yay, glad it worked out.  Go for the Ucube, you won't be sorry!  :D