Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ChangeRB - like ProbeRB, but lets you change properties  (Read 10999 times)

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
ChangeRB - like ProbeRB, but lets you change properties
« on: March 05, 2011, 11:45:39 AM »

Please start with ProbeRB first, as discussed on this thread: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1950.0

If you don't like what ProbeRB tells you about your Pleo, you can use the new ChangeRB to change the values directly.
Use at your own risk. Spoiler for anyone who wants to raise their PleoRB naturally.

Download and instructions here:
http://www.aibohack.com/pleorb/changerb.htm

You can experiment with different DNA settings (except Gender).
You can boost the moods, emotion level, activity level etc.

---
Common uses (for me):
When not using Pleo for a while, its feed level will drop to 9%. You can quickly bump that up.
When checking with ProbeRB or ChangeRB, if it reports "pleo is in bad shape", then some of the important mood and health values are too low (or Pleo is injured).
You can go through with ChangeRB and bump up the properties where it says "WARNING"

If "in bad shape" Pleo won't perform many actions, and won't learn its name or other voice commands.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: ChangeRB - like ProbeRB, but lets you change properties
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 11:53:56 AM »

Brilliant!  Thank you PleoPet - I've been looking forward to this.  I remember how much easier life with my Aibo was after 'brain surgery'!  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 12:05:07 PM »

Hi, PleoPet. I probably won't be using this program for fear of really twisting my pleo but Probe RB sounds more up my alley. I just want to check behind myself and make sure I'm not slowly "killing" my pleo. When you said "gendor settings", are those present in the green RB's as well or only in the pink and blue?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

bhobbes

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 12:06:57 PM »

Now I'm excited to go home later and try it out (especially since I haven't had Cato on for about 10 days and am dreading his feed level!).

This is going to bring a lot of 'new' fun to using RBs since it'll allow those of us who want to see different "behaviors" to change the properties and see what happens (helping to add even more variety in my point of view, but I have no problem with raising my robot any unnatural ways - that's what's great about tech!). Plus, it'll allow me to make sure he's ready for demonstrating his tricks and capabilities. I tried to show a friend some of the things they could do and his mood and so on was so low he wouldn't do anything. Needless to say, didn't make for a very impressive demo, lol.

Thank you for this, your creations are much appreciated!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 12:15:11 PM by bhobbes »

bhobbes

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 04:18:44 PM »

Well, I just used this items to change some of Cato's stats as well as DNA and the experimental obedience level. It worked great and was very easy to use.

I was wondering what the ramifications were with changing the RTC?

Thanks again!

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 05:38:42 PM »

> When you said "gendor settings", are those present in the green RB's as well or only in the pink and blue?
There are 3 genders - male, female and neither.
As-far-as-I've-seen, the Greens are all "neither", the Blues "male" and the Pinks "female", but they can all be swapped.
Once they do a firmware update, I'll figure out a way of swapping the gender if necessary.

AFAIK: the DNA gender is only used for one skit - when two PleoRBs meet.
---
> Hi, PleoPet. I probably won't be using this program for fear of really twisting my pleo but Probe RB sounds more up my alley
No problem. That's why I split it into two programs - for people who want to cheat only a little, or for people who want to cheat a lot :->
---
> I was wondering what the ramifications were with changing the RTC?
You don't need to change it. The noon reset button is usually sufficient.
But it bugged me that it was saying my Pleo was born in January 2010, and the current date was off by a year.
When Pleo evolves to a new stage, it will time stamp that date (you can see that with 'statsRB').
By adjusting the RTC you ?may? be speeding up the evolution of the current stage, but I haven't tested it (mine are Adults now and not expected to evolve for a very long time).
It can be used for testing other things. Like set the feed level to 99%, then advance the clock 3 days and see how much it drops.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 10:34:41 AM »

If they are turned off with no battery, would that even make the 'feed level' thing go down? I mean.. how do they know they haven't been fed if they were 'unplugged'
I think the clock battery is just for time?  I always take my batteries out after reading that post of the Pleo waking up and I worry they'll all wake up and fall off the shelf and I'll have to coddle 4 at once  :o   I dunno but I don't think I want to change mine, They are still babies and I don't know them well enough yet.. plus they are doing what they are supposed to be doing.. I'd love to hear about what it does for folks who did it, though!!

It all sounds very cool... can I use it on my bf instead?

- Sarah

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 10:56:55 AM »

Hi, Latrine! If I'm right, the clock battery serves as a sort of Cmos chip. I hoe I spelled that right. It's kind of like that chip in your computer that keeps the time even if it's unplugged for a while. That's how they know they aren't being fed.
Also just as an experiment and probably a one-time thing, I tried the waking up thing on purpose and it does happen. Kind of creapy but interesting. There's a trick to it, though. The pleo has to have turned themselves off in the sleep position with the one beep, then they really will wake up at eight in the morning. Ryu actually woke up at eight o six because I had to change his noon clock from the time I set it when he hatched. They have to be on for the new setting to take effect so... well with all his wiggling and yelling about being on his back, it took me a while. I've never had this happen if they're in the packing position but anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. It will just mean I have to hog-tie Ryu again. Lol!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 12:29:09 PM »

That's exactly how I see it too, Talon.  It would make sense for the clock battery to mark time passing like that.  :)

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 03:12:58 PM »

I won't be using it because I don't have the heart to change the thinking of a pleo, but this is great for those who have been wanting to change their pleos, and maybe I will use it before my rb starts to grow if I get one. Thanks for the link!
Update: Not to be creepy or anything, but can change rb change the rb's gender, like for those who have girl blues and vice versa?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 07:49:47 AM by LuckyPleo »
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 07:11:01 PM »

I love that they can turn themselves on! That's a cool feature.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 09:38:48 PM »

I haven't used any of these programs yet.  I would love to do so, I just haven't had the chance to download them to the micro sd card.  I was going to use it prior to teaching Candy her name, but I didn't and it worked just fine anyway.   :) I let her wake up on her own for the first time last week and it was really cool to see that in play.  Really neat feature if you remember to have your Pleo in a safe place.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal