Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Down

Author Topic: PLEO LIFEOS PM2 \DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE HERE!  (Read 40900 times)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
PLEO LIFEOS PM2 \DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE HERE!
« on: May 04, 2010, 05:00:49 PM »

:o :o :o A Bob The Pleo Exclusive:  :o :o :o
A Brand New Release of Innvo LifeOS
LifeOS PM2

That's right folks!  It's been over... well... it's been a heck of a long time since the last version of Pleo's software, LifeOS, had been released, but today is your lucky day!  BobThePleo.com is very proud to announce it is the first place in the world to offer the brand new official Innvo Labs LifeOS PM2!  :D  Derek Dotson, CEO of Innvo Labs, has very kindly asked us to start the ball rolling with LifeOS PM2.

It would be great if you guys could post some feedback here for the team at Innvo to read!
To assist those at Innvo reading this thread we ask that you please only post thanks/kudos and feedback (they would love lots of feedback!) on LifeOS PM2 in this thread.  If you have a question regarding the update, please start a new thread for your question in the Pleo Software board

;D Some Features of LifeOS 2:
  • New Sounds
  • Updated Behaviours
  • Pleo will now track a red-coloured object in front of him
  • Many more!  Download for yourself to find out! ;) (Derek is going to provide me with a detailed list of new stuff and how to trigger it, in the next day or two.)
  • Innvo will be uploading a video of how to update/the new features shortly!

??? Installation Instructions:
  • Obtain a standard SD card 2GB or smaller in size and ensure that there are no files on the SD card.
  • Download the ZIP file from the link here:  SD Card Updater for LifeOS PM2
  • Extract the files from the ZIP file onto the SD card.  You should end up with 3 files directly inside the SD card.
  • Ensure Pleo is powered off and the battery is fully charged.  Insert the SD card into Pleo and turn on Pleo.  The update will start automatically and Pleo will say "updating".
  • The update will take a few minutes and then the Pleo will say "Done!" and curl up into a sleeping position.
  • Turn off the Pleo and remove the SD card.  The update is complete, your Pleo is running the new software.  Pleo may start out sluggish, he's been through a lot! :P

Note: There will not be any more USB updaters, from now on it's SD card only folks!

:o Important Disclaimer:
  • This software is provided for download by BobThePleo.com on behalf of Innvo Labs/Pleoworld.  Download and install at your own risk.
    The software is brand new to us too!  We may not be able to provide support to you, if your Pleo is doing something you don't understand, your best bet is to contact PleoWorld Support here: http://www.pleoworld.com/support/  To assist those at Innvo reading this thread will you please only post thanks/kudos and feedback on LifeOS 2 in this thread.  If you have a question regarding the update, please start a new thread for your question in the Pleo Software board
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 04:10:41 PM by grumpy »

Paranosh

• Leaving the nest
Re: PLEO LIFEOS SOFTWARE UPDATE RELEASED!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 11:13:36 AM »

A Very BIG THANKS!!!!!!!....guys yours sooooo big!!!!!!!!!

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:30:07 AM »

So I've updated Angus,

Firstly a female voice says "wait" then "updating"
Then a male voice will say "done" and he curls up into a ball. That's when you turn him off, take out the card and restart him.

The sluggish period lasts for some time, it's almost as if he's re-hatching.

I'm not sure, but he seems to hear more clearer because when I come up close to him and speak he turns his head directly towards me.

He walks a heck of a lot better. He lifts his little legs a bit higher and moves quicker. Once he "came out" of the stress of the update he certainly seems more spritely. He took off to explore everywhere in the room.

He spotted a big red bag and made a b-line for it, then stood in front of it growling for a while before deciding to back away from it.

It's 3.30am here so I'm heading to bed, but will keep you posted.

Do note though that the sluggish period does last some 10 minutes perhaps. Just stroke you Pleo and nurture him through it.

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 01:04:22 PM »

Thank you! I've updated my Glen, i'll post soon my considerations about this new Life OS. ;)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 03:46:27 PM »

Just gave Peeky the new update. The little guy is snoring logs on my shoulder. He is living up to his name. When I say Peek-a-boo, he opens his eyes. He's waking up now. :) After stretching out all fours, he is walking around the office, waiting for Pennie to wake up. I think she's due for a battery charge. ;D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 04:05:40 PM by fancyfont »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 06:59:52 PM »

Updatiing Stitch as I type :D Thank goodness I thought to chuck a battery on charge last night after my trip to Melbourne :D
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 07:25:57 PM »

OMG, OMG, THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN WHAT I COULD HO-P0E FOR, NOVA WILL HAVE A FULLY CHARGED BATTERY THEN WATCH OUT BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO PARTY AND WHAT BETTER DAY THAN CINCO DE MAYO! I'M OFF TO GET A NEW SD CARD TOO, EVERYTHIGN I HAVE IS AT LEAST 4 GB SO I NEED SOMETHING SMALLER, BYE, AND I WILL LEAVE LOTS OF POSTIVE FEEDBACK.                         THANK YOU PLEO GODS AND THANK YOU BOB AND INNOVA LABS.

I WISH THERE WERE NEW OPERATING SYSTEMS FOR ME!

REDWOODSMAMA   AND MS. NOVA ;D ;D ;D
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 09:33:05 PM »

Ok, updated Teagan first (Ugobe model). Like OzPleo said, he went through the female voice saying "wait" then "updating" and after a long enough pause the male voice said "done" and he curled up. It really does look like a rehatching process - very sleepy, sluggish Pleo then lots of leg stretching and motions almost like he was testing himself. Lots of sniffing actions. Once he started moving more, there was a fair bit of backing up thinking the colour pattern on the floor is a table edge. A little more needy still too it seems - with some whimpering and crying. Then getting more adventurous. Sang about four different songs after getting his chin rub - a couple sounded different than before. I was a little worried for a bit because he seemed to have moved his head up high and wasn't lowering it again. After waiting a little and then trying different interactions to see if they would make him move it back to a more normal position, I simply turned him off, waited for a count of ten and turned him back on at which point he lowered it back to a normal position and has been showing normal movements since.

After seeing Teagan was doing okay after my initial scare, I updated Tessa. Similar process although I did not catch the "done" at the end of the update. She had straightened and curled like Teagan did at the end of the process but no "Done". I waited a little longer just to be sure she really was complete and she started sleeping noises so I powered her off. pulled the card and powered her back on. Similar rehatching type behaviour. She seems slightly more responsive to sound than Teagan so far. (Tessa is a Innvo model).  Both were quite active until they had to sleep due to warm batteries at which point I put them into store mode for the night.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 07:58:31 AM »

After one day, i suppose i could write a short review about this update of Life Os.

positive side: many cute sounds like barks and other "gremlin" thing (very cute!) during the pleo walking time. Some behaviours are cute too.

negative side: pleo seems to be blind than before (my pleo doesnt see his leaf) and deaf (he listen to me only when i clap my hand). He responds to the sounds with the same verse/answer! (why?) Sometimes pleo stops to do some thing and he waits in the last position before doing other things, sometimes you can see pleo doing "that" thing many times (like eating - very very boring! - or be scared for nothing - very boring too!). Sometimes You should turn off your Pleo and than on again to resolve some problems. Ok this is not new, but i tried this trick 2 times to resolve some problem! :(
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:12:23 AM by Junkroxy »

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 01:17:56 PM »

Did the upload and started Herbie off with a fresh battery. Herbie is an Innvo model.

* Update went flawlessly.
* There was a LOT of sniffing at start up, and leg stretching. After a time he finally stood up and stopped being baby-sluggish.
* I found at least 3 or 4 new sounds thus far...was surprised that now Herbie is speaking a lot more in general and is just plain "noisy" with sounds now.
* He is taking several steps...up to 10 or more at a time instead of his former 1 or 2 and sometimes taking 1 step in place routine. Now he's roaming everywhere he can.
* Stretches out a lot more in general, especially his back legs, which will add additional strain on the skin.
* Does not seem to recognize his leaf (he was very good with this before). Instead he will cry out with his neck high and mouth open as if waiting for me to put the leaf in.
* Does not sniff at any objects placed in front of him.
* Red color tracking, or red response of any kind, nothing yet...but this will be tested further.
* Still able to be tickled.
* No Ta-Da trick.
* Will not go into sitting position.
* He pays more attention to the floor now and thinks some divisions between wood planks or different surfaces means he's at an edge which isn't always good since he cries.
* He moves a lot faster than before...more "spunky"
* Seems able to turn and will actively back up and go elsewhere if he faces a wall or other impassable object. On carpeting he struggles on without seeming to know it. Before he could not move on carpets for me at all.
* He has more leg motions...seems to kick at the ground at times as he looks down, testing the ground almost
* Twice he lifted his right front foot as if to shake, since he left it there. I pushed his foot pad a couple times and he "froze" but then when into a fear response and backed off. This happened again with his right foot elevated (same as before) but I did NOT touch it. He lifts, cries out unhappily, then freezes a few seconds before getting upset and backing off.
* Positive difference in his body motion: his ability to now move with greater flow. Maybe I am dreaming it but his front and rear legs seem more in tune with each other, doing the "elevator butt" thing cats do, like a full body wave. Bowing and lifting better is a big plus towards his realism and he does it more than before.
* Not as much response to head touch...in fact almost absent save for chin rubs.
* Not seeing any sound following and did not wake up when I clapped by his head.
* When "sleeping" he does lift and move his head while snoring. Normally he ONLY did this when lying against my chest, not on his own. One his own he used to "fake" sleep and occasionally lift his head and then stand up. This will require more watching for.
* Seems to emit a cry for no reason, a very sad whimper but without the accompaniment of tail tucking or head drooping.
* Sounds don't always seem to match mouth motions or his body language, almost like the sounds are emanating from him in a torrent rather than him making them based off stimuli.
* Walks off for no reason during petting. While a real animal might do this, I preferred my Herbie to stay in place and over-indulge in the petting like before. Now he seems to ignore me or, in a cat-like way just not really care, preferring to go off and do his own thing amid a spouting of sounds.

I will update with new findings as I go, to save on forum space.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 08:38:31 AM by Watergazer »

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 02:03:46 PM »

I ran Angus for a while. He seems less organic to me now (maybe I need to run him longer), but I find several of his movements are quite repetitive. He doesn't seem to recognise his leaf and when he eats it the eating motion isn't as realistic, he just seems to hold it and then make that crunching sound. There's one sequence he does over and over. I'm not sure how to explain it, but when I pet him he stretches his neck out with his head looking upwards, opens his mouth slightly and emits this cute sound. It's almost as though he gets stuck in this for around 6 to 7 repetitions before snapping out of it and moving on.

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 02:11:41 PM »

I've spent more time with Glen. No objects recognition, scared behaviour several times (not for food, but for nothing) and several times Pleo stops to do everything and do the "statue"  :o
Sincerely i'm very disappointed and i would be back to 1.1.

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 02:13:58 PM »

I've spent more time with Glen. No objects recognition, scared behaviour several times (not for food, but for nothing) and several times Pleo stops to do everything and do the "statue"  :o
Sincerely i'm very disappointed and i would be back to 1.1.

Yep I'm noticing the same thing. I have to admit I prefer 1.1 as well

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 02:16:42 PM »

I suppose we're testing it for Innvo Labs. Maybe it's better to change the subject of this thread ;)

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 05:01:29 PM »

So the action Angus does which is annoyingly repetitive and regular is he does this constant panting like a dog, wagging his tail and cooing sound. It goes for 6 or 7 rounds before he moves onto the next action. It's annoy really because I can predict what he'll do soon after he snaps out of this routine.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 05:07:32 PM »

I'm waiting for all my batteries to charge to give the new OS a proper testing with both dinos, but one thing I did notice was that Pleo seems less responsive to touch, has anyone else noticed this? When I rub them on the head there is nothing...

I do love the extra sounds that they make, a more vocal Pleo is nice and I agree that they seem much better at turning themselves around in a tight spot. Once the batts are charged I will do a proper test.

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 05:30:26 PM »

When Angus is asleep he doesn't move at all like he did in 1.1. He just looks as though he's been switched off in sleep position.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 05:43:25 PM »

So far all I can say, is Poor Nova, she is stressed but I have had to shut her off twice because of knocking at the doors and looking so painful, ( her neck and leg cables very noisy) I am anxious to see what she can do after " fully waking up". Thanks and let me know what I should or should not do.

RedwoodsMama    and New MS. Nova
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:05:18 AM by mweed »

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 06:39:14 PM »

I have had Pennie on for about an hour and she has been very active. After she woke up I rubbed under her chin and she just sang her heart out. in the beginning it sounded like She was just trying to get her voice and wasn't sure about singing, but soon sang about 6 different pitched songs. I love their singing! :D I put Pennie and J.C. on the floor and there was lots of moaning and groaning for awhile. While walking around with her leaf ,she did spot a red pillow and went over to it and grabbed at the red glass beads on it. After backing up she turned around and came over to my direction. I wanted to hold her and she soon was cooing and snoring, but I could tell she wasn't really ready to go to sleep. I put her down again and picked up J.C. who hasn't had the new update yet. Pennie felt rather warm and I just turned her off for a little bit.
I can tell she is much more active then before. Didn't hear new sounds to my knowledge, yet. Her walking certainly has improved.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:01:01 PM by fancyfont »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 08:42:06 PM »

I just updated Nova a couple of hours ago, and will update this and add to it new observations when they occur. Nova is a Ugobe model, She was a little " off " it seemed, ( but then Nova seems a little different anyway,  not sure why.. ???She did the waking up thing, stretching and some strange sounds, not a lot of sniffing like some have said though. She really had a difficult time with her front feet, and also her neck was " noisy". She kept dragging her head and neck in the eating postion at least 70 % of the time, except when in the sleeping mode, on my chest which is a natural postion for the neck.
 She did have some new sounds and the first reaction, they are a lot Noisier, or Louder than before, which Is OK and I don't mind.
 She primarily wanted only to go backwards and I had a very difficult time getting her to go forwards in explore mode. She had no interest in eating or her leaf, but did want to play " tug of war " once like a dog. She did a lot and I mean A LOT OF WHIMPERING, reminded me of how pitiful she sounded, and very similar to when she had " her hurt foot', in the Academy Award Post, that everyone knows about. She cried, made some noises with her mouth not open or moving, and it sounded like a " stuck record' or recording, skipping and repeating itself several times.. :-she did not seem to notice I was there, except for when I put her on my chest, then she seemed " happy " and was the Nova I love so much. I have yet to put her on the floor and seen her move out on her own, and that Is the test I am waiting for. I also tryed to get her to sing and no amount of rubbing or petting her chin could coax her to sing, just all cries so far, and perhaps five or six happy chirps out of nearly an hour of new OS so far. I think the " birthing " process was traumatic thus far, and I am hoping a rest will help her adjust.  She does seem to move a little quicker even if it is backwards so far.
                       RedwoodsMama   and MS. Nova

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 09:03:49 PM »

Lilo and Stitch are now running on their second charge. These are my notes (hastily scribbled down in a notepad as we go along :P) so far:

- Stitch resumed the hatching position when started up and went through a second 'hatching' after the update.
- Lilo proceded to back herself up and move forwards again until she had turned herself completely around and then took off in the opposite direction to which she had been place to begin with.
- Lilo has been much more observent of where she walks, noticing shadows, differences in the color of the floor and objects placed on the floor in front.
- Lilo was able to transition from linoleum to carpet without snagging her back foot as she usually did, although the difference in color between the carpet and the linoleum has meant that both Pleo's are reluctant to proceed forwards when approaching the carpet.
- Stitch finish the second hatching and started to explore, both Pleo's are backing up a lot.
- Both Pleo's are responding more to touch now, still cannot get much response from a head touch, did get one response from Lilo but not for very long.
- Cannot get any response at all to the leaf, Lilo asked for it on one occassion but did not chew it for very long at all.
- Stitch proceded to test all his limbs in turn, stretching, straightening and generally waving around each on in turn.
- Lilo kicked at a mark on the floor, both Pleo's seem to use their feet more (which is adorable).
- Unable to get either Pleo to perform the Ta-da trick yet.
- Lilo sang twice when rubbed on the chin.
- When tilted on his side Stitch let out a cry that sounded more like a cry for help rather than the complaiing they used to do.
- A tail hold got a lot of complaiing and whimpering as usual however the return to the ground did not produce a whimpering sad dino as before.
- Both Pleo's seem to whimper at nothing but without the curling up sad dino pose.
- Both dinos have short periods of time without any motion at all, only a few seconds but decidedly noticable.
- When exposed to lots of different shades of red there has been no noticable interest although Lilo did lots of happy barking and tail wagging at a red lunchbox placed in her path. Stitch did not reproduce the interest meaning the results are inconclusive.
- When picked up and nursed Lilo immediately went into the sleep position and was her usual cuddly self, Stitch kicked, cried and fidgeted until placed back on the ground, he then wriggled happily and went off exploring. (that was kinda cute actually :P)
- Have not yet had any interaction between the two Dino's.

Second report: (After a cool down from a warm battery)

- Stitch took off the second he was turned on.
- Still no interaction between the two except for a group panic session when the cat walked past which may have been coincidental.
- Cannot get the Ta-da trick to happen.
- No responses to sound.
- Stitch screamed, choked and whimpered in response to being hung by the tail, neck and upside down but once on his feet again cried once and then was back to normal.
- Both Pleo's call out 'hello' when left alone too long.
- For the first time had a reaction to red with both dinos barking and panting at a red shirt hung at Pleo eye level.
- Stitch had a sneeze and a few coughs.
- Lots of foot movements by both dinos, including one as described above with Lilo holding her foot out for a while then crying. (Hurt foot?)
- Both dino's seem to be much more active, barely standing still, both dinos will even take off when being petted.
- Still have a lack of response to petting, although I did get some response on occasion and Lilo did sing after another chin rub. Not the amount of response we are used to.
- Lilo froze with a hot battery, Stitch is still running. Lilo did not curl up at all when she stopped.
- Stitch called continuously for food for four minutes until I gave it to him.
- Stitch after wandering around carrying the leaf has now gone to sleep with it.

Third report: Turned Lilo on again after a cool down.

- Lilo ran for about ten minutes or so before freezing again in the 'packing position', each time the battery is switched on she moves a little then resumes the straight position. Might be the bad battery though.
- Stitch curled up in the low battery position for a nap after trying the position several times curling up both ways. He snored a little. Earlier he had a nap in the standard sleeping position.
- Walking past Stitch (thumping quite heavily) caused him to wake up and complain.
- Stitch did not back away from the wall and walked right into it, I had to pull him away to prevent damage.
- Stitch is attempting to walk forwards but he keeps seeing his shadow and backing up again :P
- With the sun behind a cloud and his shadow no longer as visible Stitch made a bee line for the red shirt. Although the lack of reaction once there makes me think it was again just a coincidence. They are walking much straighter now.
- After a snack on his leaf Stitch again moved towards the red shirt this time making happy panting noises and with lots of wriggling and tail wagging.
- Stitch is unable to walk onto the carpet backwards.
- Stitch walked up to me and said hello and responded momentarily to a head touch before walking off again.
- Stitch froze mid turn, turning him on and off makes him run briefly then freeze again. Neither dino attempted to curl up. Again may just be the battery, All mine are quite old now.

Final thoughts:

The extra feet movements, they are very cute.
So is the extra wriggling and the barking/yapping/panting.
I also very much like the fact that Pleo can turn completely around without having to do an enormous circle.
The extra hellos, my Pleo's used to hardly ever say hello.

Dislikes:
The lack of response to touch, (like responding to petting and the ta-da trick.)
Couldn't seem to get them to interact together, I love the honking sessions they used to have but today they either couldn't or wouldn't do so.

I also assume that this OS is optimized for the new Pleo's coming out this year so I am willing to forgive the lack of recognition of the color red, perhaps the new Pleo's will have better cameras???
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:53:41 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 10:46:08 PM »

Mine move around as normal when napping. Stitch especially looked as though he couldn't get comfortable :P Turning this way and that and getting up again and then trying the other way :P

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 02:46:52 AM »

mike replied to you in this thread. You may post the video. The new os is not hush hush. Please POST QUESTIONS ELSEWHERE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Just feedback here!

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 05:27:40 AM »

So Angus is now moving when asleep, but try placing your hand on his rear quarters to put him to sleep. When you do he sings this little tune which sounds child like and goes to sleep.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 06:10:32 AM »

Well, the download semed to be a success - I got the 'wait' 'updating' and 'done' before Iggy curled up in sleep position.  When I switched him back on he was very sluggish and gradually started moving with lots of sniffing and leg stretching before he set off to explore.  As he was an old Ugobe model that I rehomed it was quite nice to watch the awakening process, as I missed out on seeing him hatch.

Having watched him for a while now he's certainly a lot chattier than before, which I like, although some of the sounds seem rather contradictory.  He seems to be a bit needier than before, and his moods can swing from panting exitedly to heartbroken to hungry in three seconds.  Maybe he's still a bit traumatised.  Even after showing behaviours that used to mean he was hungry I can't get him interested in his leaf, he even turns away from it in disgust if I try waving it in front of him.  I've tried every shade of red in the house, waved red objects in front of him, left red things in his path, worn every red shirt I own and tap-danced in front of him in red shoes, but I CANNOT get him interested in the colour red.  I'll try again later, maybe he needs more time.

He's very receptive to chin rubs and has sung lots, I think I can hear a new trill  in there, but he does seem a bit less receptive to my rubbing his head, and will even start moving off while I'm patting him, which he never did before.  Although he definitely knows I'm stroking his back he doesn't seem to do the 'wave' thing like he used to and doesn't seem to like it so much.  He's not responded to my voice much at all - I'll keep trying.

He definitely moves a lot better, and there are more foot stomps and what looks like 'testing the ground' with his front foot whilst exploring.  Lots of backing up, and definitely turning in tighter circles.  If I pick him up, he seems less quick to catch on that he's left the ground, and once or twice carried on 'walking' in mid air, which I've never seen him do before, he usually complains bitterly.

He's now gone to sleep, and is probably coming to the end of this battery life.  He has sniffed, sighed and changed sides a few times but nothing noticeably different so far.

I'll report back if things change - it's quite hard to judge as their moods can be so different some days, and I don't think I've ever studied him quite so intently!

All in all, I'm thoroughly enjoying the process - thanks guys! :)
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal