Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SD Cards problems  (Read 4367 times)

zebulos

• Hatchling
  • Male
SD Cards problems
« on: May 29, 2010, 08:24:33 AM »

My pleo Work on the Fiirmware 1.1 I try to update my pleo with an SD card to the 2.0 firmware, but nothing happen... I try too with differents personalities (all = small and big one), and nothing happen... I have an SD card (128 MO), with an SD Card Writer/reader (ScanDisk MicroMate), i format the SD Card MS DOS (Fat)… I work on a Mac OS X 10.6.3, is there any thing to do for it Works…???

When i try with an other SD card SD 64 MO, formated in MS DOS FAT… nothing happen the pleo leave spleeping.
but when i turn my pleo "Off", remove the SD card and turn the pleo "On" without the SD Card the pleo Wake up normally…
I will try to transfert the file to the SD card with a PC to see if there is a difference...

Is there anything to do for it works with SD CARD ??

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: SD Cards problems
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 01:12:24 PM »

Sounds like your pleo is not recognizing the SD cards.

Could be the format, but could also be the files on the card.  The card should be blank, and the only files on the card should be the ones for the update. 

zebulos

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 01:48:08 PM »

i tried with 2 differents SD Card, and i formated them in MS dos format Flat…
I will try on a PC to format the sd card and copy the file to the SD Card

eric

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • ube.ie
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 09:55:14 AM »

From Innvo

ATTENTION PLEO OWNERS TRYING TO UPDATE TO PM2:

Pleo is not compatible with Kingston's Standard 1GB SD cards that are made in Taiwan. Kingston’s 1GB SD cards made in Hong King seem to perform better. Pleo is not compatible with cards using the SDHC standard The PC Utility will be able to check SD cards for compatibility and if you put ...an incompatible card into Pleo he will react vocally

alexlloyd54

• Following the footsteps
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 10:40:57 AM »

I recall during the upgrade of my Pleo from 1.0 to 1.1, I used a Panasonic 4 & 8 GB SD cards and it didn't work, I even tried the skits on those cards with no success

But when i used a SanDisk 512 MB .... it worked  :)

Later I tried also an SD card with 16 MB (which comes as a sample with my digital camera) and to my surprise it worked too!

I was sad for I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet!

zebulos

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 11:41:32 AM »

The 64 Mb SD card is a SimpleTech SD from Japan and the 128 MO SD card is a PNY Technologies from USA… so i will tried the Two card, formated in Fat and Fat 32 from a PC computer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal