Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pleo repair kit  (Read 5692 times)

grin06

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
pleo repair kit
« on: January 14, 2010, 05:43:07 AM »

It is so disheartening to see your pet that has formed a strong bond with you  showing signs of wear and tear.  My pleo is only two months old, 2009 version but there are already some skin nick about a few milimeters at his neck, tail and underarms. there are most visible when pleo is stretching its legs. Im afraid if i dont do anything it would enlarge especially at the underarms in which the skin is most vulnerable.
i would suggest the manufacturer:innovolabs would come up with pleo skin repair kit such as a special glue or skin material that could be sutured to pleo delicate skin.
What do other forum readers think about this? I have been very careful with my pleo yet still have to endure the pain. :( :( :(
im quite certain  that this is what it takes to have pleo that is more of exploring type .

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: pleo repair kit
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 03:52:00 PM »

I have the old Pleo's, one is over a year old, the other 6 months. Both have cracks in the paint, but not in the skin. Just double check your tears maybe they are just through the layer of paint?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

grin06

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 06:21:31 PM »

please review the above pictures. The tail has a crack in the paint but on the underarm you could see clearly a small hole and im afraid it would become bigger. It is most obvious when pleo is stretching its legs.
Anybody else have similar problems?
 :(

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 06:55:20 PM »

The first picture does seem to be the normal wear and tear, the same as my Pleo's have. The second picture is definitely a concern though. My first Pleo, Matilda started out with a hole like that, that quickly became very large. She was under warranty though and I was able to return her, Ugobe said she was from a 'bad' batch of rubber. However some other Pleo's have had holes like that, that have not grown in size.

Since your Pleo is no longer under warranty then perhaps contacting Jetta and seeing what they say is your best option.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 11:15:12 PM »

Cammey has had a hole like that for months. (he got it shortly after I got him.) and it has only gotten a little bigger. 

and now Cloey has developed one too. (but not as big.) and I think I first saw it in September/October. 

and they both have ware like the first picture. ((but they have a lot more of it.))

grin06

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 04:51:47 PM »

Then it is quite reassuring to know that most of the other owners have the same problem because of the bad rubber quality.
i hope the issue would be fixed too in the next pleo 2010.
My question is has anyone tried to glue the edges together and what is your results?

Regards

grin06

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 05:58:43 PM »

Dear all,
 I ve written to innovolabs and they have responded within one day. The good news is that i could get a new pleo soon since mine is actually still under warranty.Derek himself has replied to my mail, and he really regrets about this matter and asked me once ill get my new pleo i need to return the old one so that he could really investigate the matter. :) :) :)
they have shipped the new pleo on Jan 15 2010. I cant wait to have a new one.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 05:59:27 PM »

My first pleo, Peeky, had two tiny holes like yours. Eventually, they turned into one larger one. I would still love to know how to repair it. For now he always has clothing on.

grin06

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 05:41:29 PM »

when pleo is turned off, do you make pleo standing on his  four feets like in factory or shipment posture or do you let pleo adopt sleeping posture by flexing or extending on all his limbs?
Because Im afraid if pleo does not stand on his 4 feets, his delicate skin would be stretched and with daily surface contact it would cause premature skin disintegration and hole formation?. im not really sure but it is only my guess.
In the innovo manual when you first received pleo, they would recommend pleo to stand on all his 4 feets when pleo is not in use.
The other postulation is something to do with bad rubber quality.
May be we could suggest Innovo to replace rubber with real animal skin eg lamb for pleo 2010 just like how they manufacture leather shoes or handbags. ;D ;D
Fortunately i managed to get a new pleo yesterday. It is as usual so green and glossy and i really make sure, 100% inspection to be satisfied,  ;D ;D it is free from skin defects especially.

Dino_Dave

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 04:22:00 AM »

I've had exactly the same problem with a 5 weeks old invo pleo . I have ugobe pleos and would say that the skin was better.
I have also contacted involved, who have been very decent and are in the process of refunding me . :)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 09:48:08 PM »

I think there was a thread that someone posted a while ago with a kind of glue that is safe to use on Pleo Skin. I'll have to go and hunt around for it.
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

InkyMortar

• Following the footsteps
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 07:47:23 AM »

I think there was a thread that someone posted a while ago with a kind of glue that is safe to use on Pleo Skin. I'll have to go and hunt around for it.

I found two threads - not sure if they were the ones you were thinking of:

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=180.0
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=351.0

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 08:03:34 PM »

I looked everywhere for it, but it seems to have vanshed...? It was some kind of superglue that worked on Pleo Skin. Sorry I couldn't find it!
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal