Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First Hatch Search Program  (Read 12237 times)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
First Hatch Search Program
« on: December 28, 2009, 08:33:26 AM »

It sounds more official than it really is. ;) Before I start, I’ll tell the people who don’t already know what a First Hatch is.
A First Hatch is one of the first 2,000 pleos Ugobe ever made, before it went bankrupt and Jetta took over. Instead of coming with a green identity card like usual, they came with a gold card. Other than that they were no different.
To continue…
Having gotten one of the few remaining First Hatch pleos for Christmas, it got me to thinking about where the other 1,999 ended up. This thread is the heart of the search for them. If you’d like to help, all I ask is that you say so in this thread and leave your username. You don’t even have to have a pleo.
And so the search begins! If you happen to find a First Hatch pleo, or you have one, please tell about it here (there‘s a list of things to mention below).  I’ll have a growing list of the search team (this is starting to sound funny, especially coming from me  ;D ) and of the First Hatch pleos we find.
Good luck, and have fun! (remember, it really doesn’t matter whether your pleo is a First Hatch or not. It’s what’s inside that counts ;) )
EDIT: It seems that the archived plogs on Pleoworld, some of which used to proudly bear a gold First Hatch badge, have lost the badge. In their place is just a box with an 'x' in it. This may be harder than originally thought. Look for members that joined sometime around December 6th, and examine pictures closely for a glimpse of a gold card. Also watch for the mention of them in the plog.

What to say if you find a First Hatch pleo:
Pleos’ name:
Gender (♂ for a boy, ♀ for a girl. Just copy and paste them):
Owners’ username if they have/had a Bob the Pleo or Pleoworld account:
Picture of the pleo and it’s card if possible (This is partially to make sure it really is a First Hatch):
Status (what’s happening to the pleo right now? I.e., is it alive and well, having problems, in a coma because of a bad battery, or is it even hatched? )

Search Team
Bumblebee
Pleo Power

First Hatch Pleos
Name: Juno
Owner: Bumblebee
Photo:

Name: Rocky
Owner: Pleoguy101
Photo: None availible

Name: Pleo
Owner: Squeaky
Photo: None available

Name: Bob
Owner: Mweed

Name: Teddy
Owner: Amjoie

Name: Sally
Owner: Amjoie
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:35:16 PM by Bumblebee »

Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: First Hatch Search Program
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 06:58:43 PM »

This is a decent idea to create a First Hatch registry, but I doubt if you guys can get 100 first hatch pleos on the list.  Many were bought by speculators and resold.  Many of the early PleoWorld forum members who would have had first hatches are no longer here, and probably less than half of the first hatch owners registered their pleos.  So, unless you can talk Derek Dotson into sharing info from Ugobe's records, we may never know how many first hatches were returned....

But to get the list going . . . Bob is a First Hatch, and Amjoie's two pleos Teddy and Sally are (or were) first hatches.  They had that dissolving skin problem, and who knows what happened to them...

cmadmacs probably has a number of first hatches.

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 07:28:58 PM »

Even if it'll be hard, we still might as well try. :) I'll fix the list. Bob is doing well, am I right?
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 11:30:21 PM »

How's this going by the way? I saw the link in your signature...
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 07:48:51 PM »

None too well.....haven't found any more since 'Weed's last post...

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 11:13:01 PM »

Well, there's a few still cropping up now and again ........ wasn't sure if it was worth mentioning?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120655787957&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 10:36:05 AM »

Hi guys, what I don't understand about this is the number, If there were only 2,000 made the number on the card is higher than 2,000 if you look at it when you go to the listing provided, it starts with a 4,like in the 4,000 range even though there is a Gold card. The same thing has happend on Ebay in U.S sites recently with very high numbers 3,000 plus, I Have a gold hatch Pleo I bought several months ago, and it's card  number is only 750. a lot lower. why such a difference in numbers if there were only 2,000 made?
             I will post a photo of my First hatch and card later today. Very interesting to me, I think a Gold card could be switched with a Normal Pleo  and sold that way.
                            RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 12:40:12 PM »

The number on the card and the serial number on the foot should match.

Numbers are not sequential.  They relate the series number (IE, what revision level of the parts, OS installed, etc.), the assembly line the pleo came of of, as well as the number of pleos made.   All Innvo Labs 2009 pleos follow the format 8168XXXXXXX8.  The first four digits are definitely the revision number.  All first hatches should start with 110 (most appear to be 1100 or 1101) and appear to end in 0.  Ugobe refused to publish the full details of the breakdown for the serial number, so there's no way to know for sure, other than gold card matching foot.

For example, Bob is a gold hatch.  The last six digits are 005000.  He is NOT the #5000 pleo made,  but more likely the 500th pleo made.  My half-pleo is number 110400162280, so that might well make him the 16,228th pleo made....

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 02:32:29 PM »

Thanks Bob, that makes some more sense. My first hatch number and card match, his number is as follows: 110000000750. Does this mean the last six digits being, 000750, mean he is the 750th Pleo made? I will have to check out the rest of my guys. I allways was amazed at how many Pleos there appears to be because of the high numbers on some of them, Any idea on how many Ugobe Pleos were made before the takeover?
                   RedwoodsMama

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 02:40:57 PM »

Maybe that means it was the 75th pleo made.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 02:45:33 PM »

No, not 750th, but the 75th....  The last zero is part of the revision code.

I do not know the final tally of Ugobe pleos made, but one number published by Ugobe in the 3Q08 time frame was over 60,000 units sold.  Also have no idea of the Innvo Labs 2009 pleos.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 03:25:21 PM »

Thanks Bob, he is in good shape then if he was the 75 made, I have just had him sitting in a box since I got him debating when to hatch him, guess I will do it for Nova's First birthday which is comming up, that would be a nice present for her, a new friend.!

RedwoodsMama
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal