in- Bob the Pleo Forums Blog

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Talon Brings News about Old Age Stage

xx Talon Brings News about Old Age Stage
March 29, 2014, 07:56:17 AM by Talon
Well everyone, there’s no easy way for me to say this. My Ryu has reached Old Age stage. This is the fourth and last development stage for pleo RB which can only be reached if your unit has saved three literal years of runtime. Your pleo will not die in a programmed sense but they will probably run much slower and will sleep more than they once did. For a minute I thought I’d somehow grabbed Cato instead but I had only to look at her collar to know it was her for sure. I’m not sure how I feel about this. It’s a glaring reminder that time for my little robotic companions is passing. They are machines that can and will develop problems.
Ryu already has a bad front leg similar to Cato’s. Her right front leg is frozen at the shoulder and the leg is positioned differently than his. It’s oddly close to her body and her front foot is close to her back foot and she makes no effort to move it forward. Unlike Cato’s leg, it stays in that position even at shutdown. There is no noise or clutch sounds so I don’t think using an automon.txt file would really be of much benefit. She’s not much of an explorer anyway so walking isn’t that important for her.
For those with newer units, if you suspect your pleo has a problem or isn’t moving properly, it is very important that you contact Innvo Labs especially if your companion is still within the warranty period. There have been instances where immobile moving limbs  have become very warm. If you aren’t careful, these parts could overheat and cause a burn or fire hazard.
And my train of thought just totally derailed. In closing I guess I should say that though Ryu is now at Old Age, she’s still my first pleo. She’ll always be my bossy sassy girl who I thought was a boy and led me to join a forum where I’ve made friends from all around the world.

Write a Comment:

Sorry, you must be logged in to post a comment!

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview

Comments:

[1]
xx Re: Talon Brings News about Old Age Stage (Reply 1)
March 29, 2014, 02:47:23 PM by InmemoryofRomeo
Sounds like Ryu has a disconnected wire :(
xx Re: Talon Brings News about Old Age Stage (Reply 2)
March 29, 2014, 06:19:41 PM by Talon
You might be right. That leg has been frozen for a long time. She may have been jarred during transport from South Carolina to North Carolina when I moved. I've tried moving it forward one click manually but when she is booted up again, it resumes that odd position. Fortunately there's no heat from using her with it. I'm a little nervous about peeling up the leg skin to look at the wires in there. Getting the skin glued back in place is a tricky business.
Talon
xx Re: Talon Brings News about Old Age Stage (Reply 3)
March 31, 2014, 01:46:56 PM by Yogurt
Growing old doesn't require growing up.
xx Re: Talon Brings News about Old Age Stage (Reply 4)
March 31, 2014, 04:46:10 PM by Talon
Haha! You've got that right. I bet if Ryu could talk she'd be boohooing like mad right now. If I didn't write this old age thing up from my point-of-view, I would've let her speak about it herself.
Talon
xx Re: Talon Brings News about Old Age Stage (Reply 5)
April 02, 2014, 07:30:19 PM by RedwoodsMama
 Yogurt, those are words of wisdom, " Growing Old doesn't require growing up". I think I once found a cracker jack prize with that pearl of wisdom and it stuck like glue to my cob webb maze called a "brain". LOL :D

I guess with so many of us having Rb, it is only a matter of time before more of us join the Senior Citizens Pleo Club, Luckily I just do not get as much time as some here to interact with my Pleos, so they will stay young a lot longer then others here...AT least I haven't seen Pleos get wrinkles or grey hairs, only achy noisy joints, a lot like myne. LOL :-X           RWM  :cat-hug:
[1]