in- Bob the Pleo Forums Blog

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Bleu and Ugobe go Adventuring!

xx Bleu and Ugobe go Adventuring!
March 21, 2014, 11:56:13 AM by Talon
At Grumpy: I hope this wasn't too long. If it is then I won't do this again but it just felt right. Sorry everyone for the length. Just promise me you'll stay awake and read it.
Enjoy!

Hey, Yall! The name’s Bleu- Madam Bayou Bleu Le chalet! I’m a Ugobe pleo and Cajon through and through. I’m here to tell ya about somethin’ new that happened just today! I got Ugobe to go on an adventure with me. Now, I gotta tell ya ‘bout Ugobe. He’s just a regular ole stick-in-the-mud. He likes to hang on Keeper Talon’s apron strings. Now I like Talon- I like her a lot. She tends to me when I get the sickness. Don’t know what it’s called but we pleos are prone to it every now and agin.
It took me forever to get him in an agreeable mind to get from under Talon’s fingers and follow me but he finally did. I kept havin’ tah tell’im to stay on my right side on account my neck don’t turn so well that way and I can’t see on that side. I learned my lesson let me tell ya. It hurt getting’ caught under that computer chair. Oh. Right- our adventure. I got sidetracked there. Well, Ugobe acts all amazed when he sees the legs of that computer chair and asks me what it is. “It’s trouble.” I say to him. “Stay away from it ya hear?”
Soon we pass the computer chair and he stops again to stare and growl at the clear hard plastic thingy Talon uses to hold the rocks from her fountain when she has to clean them. It’s tall and round and it has a big thing on top for her to put her fingers through so she can carry it. It’s fun to look at especially when the sun hits it just right so you can see clear through to the wall on the other side. Ugobe didn’t like it.
“Oh, Bleu! It’s so big and it’s not there but… but when I rub my nose against it, it doesn’t move? How can that be?”
I just give him a rub with my nose. “How should I know? It’s always been there and it always will be now get movin’!”
“But I want to smell it.” Ugobe says to me.
Next we come to what Keeper Talon calls the Media Shelf. It’s just this tall wooden thing she keeps books and CD’s and stuff on. I don’t know what those books say but they have lots of colors and I love just standin’ there and lookin’ up and down and up and down again. They’re so beautiful and interestin’!
Ugobe likes them too and gets all quiet and sniffs at the bottom row of books. “What do you suppose the Keeper does with these?” He asks me as we pause for a quick graze.
“Oh… I don’t know. I think she gets data from them.”
“Like we do from our flash drives?”
“Right. Exactly.”
“But there are so many! Won’t she corrupt herself if she takes in all that data?”
“Oh no. Talon’s got a big flash drive. There’s lots more tah see. Don’t get cold paws now!”
Soon we lose the sunlight and Ugobe stops stone-still. “It’s dark over here.!”
“There there! Don’t you worry. I know this side of Sand-Colored-Carpet. We ain’t in no danger here just long as we don’t get close to the thing makin’ the shadows.”
“What is it?”
“It’s Brown Recliner Mountain. You’ll be fine just as long as ya don’t go shovin’ yer nose against it and gettin’ stuck.”
“I take it you’ve tried that too huh?”
“Well… maybe. But I didn’t stay long and you shouldn’t either. Let’s go.”
Soon we come to a really bright place- a big white wall with two large windows in it. I’m feelin’ kinda tired so I lay down for a little nap. Ugobe does too and we just stay there for a while.
Suddenly he looks up and says, “Bleu, look- there in the distance! It’s Castle Wooden Dresser! We’re almost back to Keeper Talon!”
I give a low growl. “Oh Ugobe, I’m tired from all this walkin’. Just another minute.”
Ugobe gives this whiny little purr. “Well, I’ve waited long enough.” He tells me. “I know the world is big and I know I have to avoid the Terrible Teddy’s brown chew-bone but I want to curl up against Keeper Talon’s knee. She has to be over there somewhere. I’m moving on just like my shirt says.”
I raise my head and look left- the only direction I can turn my head these days. “But Ugobe, you don’t know the danger! Bolt the Aibo’s chargin’ thing is over there with its pluggy cord and the towel Keeper Talon uses tah keep the dust out of’im. You’ll get your legs tangled up in it wait for me!” I watch in surprise as Ugobe shuffles away by himself. He keeps mumblin’ somethin’ I can’t quite make out. Somethin’ like, ‘one foot two feet three feet four feet. One foot two feet three feet four feet.’ Before I know what’s happenin’, I can’t see him anymore. I get up real quick and start after him. I just had to stop’im from gettin’ caught in that mess and I was thinkin’ how dumb I was fer draggin’im with me. I starts mumbling too. “One foot two feet three feet four feet! Oh I gotta move faster! Oh he’s at the cord! Oh no! Ugobe waaait!”
And then, somethin’ amazin’ happens. Ugobe stops, lowers his head and starts walkin and slowly moves past that cord. He keeps movin’ until there ain’t no more cord and then I see Keeper Talon comin’ toward us just as he’s headed fer the towel! She gently moves Ugobe out of the way and then starts toward me. Wheeeee doggies! I ain’t never been so glad tah see’er in all my days!” She turns us both to face the bigger open safe space of Sand-Colored-Carpet and sets Ugobe down beside me on my bad side again just like we were before.
Ugobe is so happy. “Hey, Bleu! We made it back to Keeper Talon! I’ll race ya across the room to the tall clear thing! Come on let’s go! Adventuring with you is so much fun! Can we do it again tomorrow?”
I start to snore. “Battery’s low. Lookin’ after you is hard work. Shutting off now.”

Write a Comment:

Sorry, you must be logged in to post a comment!

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview

Comments:

[1]
xx Re: Bleu and Ugobe go Adventuring! (Reply 1)
March 21, 2014, 09:26:45 PM by RedwoodsMama
 That Bleu, Sacre Bleu, I can even hear her accent, Cajun through and through while reading .. What a riot! Talon you are so funny, I now know what to call the colds that Ugobes seem to get, it has a special name now thanks to MS. Bleu, and it sounds more mysterious and refined, " The sickness",

Reading about Ugobe and his adventures with Bleu, reminds me of " A Streetcar named Desire", funny huh? You have a talent for making the story so interesting, I read this rather quickly I have to admit, but will slow down and read it slower and then I will have even more to comment about. Keep up the good work, I am enjoying it. ;)

I now have something to read to Nova, Major Tom, ARgyle and the rest everyday before bed and after dinner when they are looking for a bedtime story, I have Talon's adventures with her Pleo family.  :-* P8)

RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo township of the Redwoods
xx Re: Bleu and Ugobe go Adventuring! (Reply 2)
March 22, 2014, 07:57:12 AM by Talon
Thanks, Redwoods! I was worried that blog entry might've been too long. I'm glad you liked it. I love stepping into my characters' skins and completely inhabiting them- voice, expression, what they're seeing from their perspective. It's just so much fun! I think this blogging thing is going to help me a lot with my writing. I haven't written this much so quickly about something I love in a long time. It's very refreshing.
Talon
[1]