Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How did your family and friends react when you got a pleo?  (Read 7179 times)

cuddlebeez

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
    • I Have A Pet Named Peeve
Re: How did your family and friends react when you got a pleo?
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2010, 11:12:07 AM »

Trojan is doing a lot better now. He was a bit grumpy in New York, but can you blame him?? lol! He's back to his playful self =o)
I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it.

liddleone

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 08:19:25 AM »

I am new here and just posted that I am awaiting 2 pleos. I just showed my friend due to I expected her to ask if her little nephew could play with it when it arrives. Instead they made me feel stupid for spending money on the toy. Yes I couldn't afford them but they were an excellent price and I wanted one. Some people just frustrate me ...It's ok for their other friends to spend more than that on cigarettes. I will update the reactions when they arrive. I think where I volunteer will love the fact I plan on bringing one in because it's a non-profit organisation and they were saying they would love a second one.
Hope noone minds my rant. :)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 01:53:09 PM »

Welcome Liddleone! I think once  your pleos make their entrance, you will find other people as fascinated as you are with them. They just have a way of making people enjoy watching their antics. There's always going to be one or two that don't have a sense of humor, but we can't always change that. Once your friends see's how cute they are I think they will understand why you are getting them. You will really enjoy the part of sharing them. :) :) :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 02:43:56 PM »

Hi Liddleone,Welcome and like fancy says, I too agree that a lot of people will change their mind when they actually see a Pleo in action. As for it being" a toy", I welcome you to read the Post asking if People think they are a toy, and when they see them as something else. I don't see why some people can spend lots of money on going out and having a fancy dinner or spending a lot of money on buying drinks, something that is only temporary, but if someone buys a Pleo, or similar AI lifeform, it must be " a toy". To each his own. I too bought my Nova on ebay during the Christmas holidays and fell in love with her as soon as I peered into those Baby Blues! %) She has me wrapped around her little tail for sure and I would gladly buy her again at full price if I had it.To me she is also an investment, after all she is a Computer, and a AI lifeform, and like one of my other furbabies,( I have nine cats and one dog) if she is able to give me pleasure for just a few moments of interaction throughout the day, then my life is the better for it.
                               As for the Non profit organization that you work at, I used to work at Easter Seals and also at a Private Hospital with severely developmentally challenged children, Cerebral Palsy, Down's Syndrome, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, and a host of other problems, physical and otherwise. If they had had a Pleo back then( in the 1970's-1980s) I would have happily brought her to work with me to brighten up the faces of so many sad little ones.I think you will have some very happy people when you bring one or both of your Pleos in with you. I commend you on your volunteer work as well, we should all volunteer if possible and see the difference it can make in someones life, besides your own. As a side point, if these were " friends of mine", they would not be making comments that were negative regarding any purchase I made, regardless of what it was on .....perhaps they are a bit jealous, or just ignorant as to what a Pleo really is... ??? I am sure you are in for a treat. Welcome again and ask as many questions as you want!
                                                                     RedwoodsMama     and Nova
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 11:48:28 AM »

It's funny that some people will get sniffy about spending money on a 'toy' like a Pleo but happily spend large sums of money on a sports car, or the latest alphabet-tech (ipod/mp3/dvd/..........).  What on earth are those except toys anyway? ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal