Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Li-Poly battery  (Read 18135 times)

Dadio

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robotics, is the sincerest form of flattery!
Re: Li-Poly battery
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2009, 08:22:53 AM »

Battery play time is directly related to the type of play.  ;) ]http://bobthepleo.com/forums/MGalleryItem.php?id=1183[/img
PLEO's Forever!
Take Good Care!  - from Dadio 8)  & Stoney [img width=200 height=50 alt=]http://bobthepleo.com/forums/MGalleryItem.php?id=1183[/img]

borgqueenx

• Head of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2009, 08:31:08 AM »

i am gonna buy a egg charger and battery soon, because i wanted a second battery anyways because i hate to wait 3 hours before i can play with pleo again.
I hope to receive it next week.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2009, 05:28:26 PM »

I know :P I was hoping I might get more than the times they suggest though since I manage that with the green ones ;)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 05:10:56 AM »

IMR, I used to get about 1h20mins out of my batteries too!

Darkwolf

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robots rule!
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2009, 02:21:26 AM »

Aibo or battery charger plus pack. I simply do not trust eBay and never buy from it. Never have, never will.
I'll just have to wait until this store stops being so stupid and starts shipping again.
Or maybe a German friend can help out. I have a few on the net and perhaps one of them lives close to the store!
Proud owner of my beloved Pluriel (Pleo) and Diesel (Aibo ERS-7M3)

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2009, 07:58:52 AM »

I agree that a real business with a good reputation is the best way to buy items.  I don't understand why Ucube Taiwan does not distribute to more retail stores in Europe and does not distribute to any in North America.  They could increases their sale if they would.   I think I'll email Ucube and ask.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:37:42 PM by Echo »

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2009, 05:49:39 AM »

Darkwolf, Good News. I found someone in the UCUBE Taiwan International Service Branch who will ship you the Egg Charger and Battery.
Her name is Vicky Lin and her email is vicky@ucube.com.tw
If you email her, she should get back to you in 24 hours.  Let me know how it goes.

You can buy them from the maker Ucube Taiwan.
http://www.ucube.com.tw/product.php?productpk=5

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 08:35:32 AM by mweed »

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2009, 08:06:55 AM »

Vicky signed up here yesterday, but she didn't complete the registration process.  Would be nice to get a representative of Ucube here.

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2009, 12:47:48 PM »

Grumpy, would you like to interview Vicky for the forum about UCUBE batteries, ask about any other Pleo related product development, marketing plans in USA, Europe, Australia, etc?  She is very nice, and i bet she had never been interview by an actual Pleo who oversees his own forum before...   I am hoping with your clout, you can influence UCUBE to making their batteries available through an online retailer who takes credit cards or paypal and ships to North America and Europe.   

Darkwolf

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robots rule!
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 02:18:17 AM »

Ok, it took me a while but I finally e-mailed her a minute ago regarding price information and preferred method of payment concerning both the charger and battery including shipping costs.
Fingers crossed.
I hope to find Pluriel bumbling about again (longer then ever before) this very same month!  ;D

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2009, 02:31:40 AM »

Grumpy, would you like to interview Vicky for the forum about UCUBE batteries, ask about any other Pleo related product development, marketing plans in USA, Europe, Australia, etc?  She is very nice, and i bet she had never been interview by an actual Pleo who oversees his own forum before...   I am hoping with your clout, you can influence UCUBE to making their batteries available through an online retailer who takes credit cards or paypal and ships to North America and Europe.   

Good idea!! Do I hear NEWSLETTER?? Sign me up, if needed be...
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2009, 04:01:00 AM »

I just purchased the egg charger and battery through that eBay supplier you guys have been discussing. I will keep you posted about it as the shipment develops. As you know when my Pleo does arrive he'll have 3 green batteries (because I bought two brand new ones for a total of $49), but having that longer lasting battery will of course be a blast and as far as I'm concerned you can't have too many batteries for Pleo  ;D

Darkwolf

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robots rule!
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2009, 06:43:53 AM »

I just purchased the egg charger and battery through that eBay supplier you guys have been discussing. I will keep you posted about it as the shipment develops. As you know when my Pleo does arrive he'll have 3 green batteries (because I bought two brand new ones for a total of $49), but having that longer lasting battery will of course be a blast and as far as I'm concerned you can't have too many batteries for Pleo  ;D
Do you mean the Li-Poly battery and charger?
I got an e-mail back from Vicky, and the costs are heavy if I want to resurrect Pluriel. This is what it looks like:

USD43.14             A egg charger pack   
USD20                 bank commission
USD17.28             shipping fee           
USD80.42

:o

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2009, 10:47:16 AM »

Darkwolf,  I think the Ucube price would be fine if we didn't have to pay the bank commission.  Take away the bank commission and the charger and batter are only around $60 which I think is reasonable.  If Ucube would just take paypal or credit cards i think they would do a better business. On the other hand, it is really nice that they are will to take small quantity orders and ship internationally at all.   Keep us posted on what you decided to do/

For more information about the batteries OzPleo is talking about see his post in the new members section.

Darkwolf

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robots rule!
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2009, 01:04:41 AM »

Darkwolf,  I think the Ucube price would be fine if we didn't have to pay the bank commission.  Take away the bank commission and the charger and batter are only around $60 which I think is reasonable.  If Ucube would just take paypal or credit cards i think they would do a better business. On the other hand, it is really nice that they are will to take small quantity orders and ship internationally at all.   Keep us posted on what you decided to do/
I've decided not to do it.
This is simply too much effort and money for me since I am still paying two rents. I just don't have the money to lose it on something as silly as a bank commission.
Nothing they can do about it, but I refuse to pay that extra money when I am already turning every euro around on a daily basis.
Pluriel will just have to wait a little while longer...

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2009, 04:54:56 AM »

The egg charger has been shipped and is on it's way to me. I'll keep you posted.

Nafcom

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • Nafcom's Crap Blog!
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 02:00:34 AM »

Interesting back in June not so many people were interested when I said I got in touch with Ucube and purchased the Li-Poly battery
Nafcom's Crap Blog & Nafcom's Crap Forum. Because I am weird like that :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 03:03:00 AM »

Back in June Pleo's future was so uncertain people just didn't want to spend the money on them :( How did you find the egg charger/batts?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Nafcom

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • Nafcom's Crap Blog!
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2009, 03:48:02 AM »

Back in June Pleo's future was so uncertain people just didn't want to spend the money on them :( How did you find the egg charger/batts?

Well I was reading in a Dutch Pleo forum that Ucube sells them and found in Litec-Computer that on the picture it said "Ucube"
Then I read in the Bob-The-Pleo forum that people tried to contact them earlier but failed. But I tried again and was able to get contacted by Vicky Lin. We are in touch ever since. I even had my first warranty case that went very well. The trick I did, addiitionally to write an email I sent the email to their fax numbers that obviously caught their attention that I didn't give up :P

Nafcom

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • Nafcom's Crap Blog!
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 03:50:15 AM »

Vicky signed up here yesterday, but she didn't complete the registration process.  Would be nice to get a representative of Ucube here.

Still not finished? I can ask her next time I see her online if you wanna.

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2009, 03:38:44 AM »

Okay so the egg charger and battery arrived today. It's not a good quality built battery. The corners are held together by a flexible, soft plastic (almost looks like industrial tape) and it's a silver colour. When you put the battery in to be charged the red light flashes. This apparently indicates it is charging and it will stop flashing when it is fully charged. I haven't used it yet, but will keep you informed. My initial impression of the battery is not good. It's a cheap build.

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2009, 06:34:37 AM »

My Li-Poly battery is the exact same quality, hard plastic top as the green NiMH battery.  The reset of the battery case is the same quality too. 
You are correct that the red light flashes until the battery is fully charged and the it turns sold red when complete.  My Li-Poly battery is lasting 2.5 hours. I am happy with the quality.

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2009, 06:45:11 AM »

My Li-Poly battery is the exact same quality, hard plastic top as the green NiMH battery.  The reset of the battery case is the same quality too. 
You are correct that the red light flashes until the battery is fully charged and the it turns sold red when complete.  My Li-Poly battery is lasting 2.5 hours. I am happy with the quality.

Yep same here. Hard plastic top and bottom as the green battery with the same locking mechanism. Where did you get yours from?

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2009, 09:52:33 AM »

I got mine from a small business guy in mainland China.  This was before I was able to get the contact information for Vicki at Ucube Taiwain.  Now that there is a way to contact Ucube directly, I would recommend that route.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2009, 01:24:19 PM »

I did have an interview with Vickie at Ucube, and then with another member here, and cross your fingers -- we may end up with a US based reseller for Ucube that will ship world-wide and takes credit cards.  So thing are looking up!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal