Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Name Tags/Badges  (Read 5483 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Pleo Name Tags/Badges
« on: June 15, 2014, 12:58:18 PM »

Hey everyone! I love drawing and Pleos, so I came up with an idea to make little Pleo name tags with a drawing of the Pleo and its name printed on them.

Here's my only current example:

Here are some pictures of the printed version to show the size and quality:

I had originally planned these to be Pleo name tags that you would hang on your Pleo's collar, but I made the example a bit too big. I might make more this size for owners to wear as pins though and make a slightly smaller size version to be the tag on a Pleo's collar.

Would anyone be interested if I offered these for sale at some point? They would be printed on paper and then laminated (and cut out much better than the example is). Each image would be a unique drawing of a Pleo of your choosing wearing an outfit of your choosing and the Pleo's name would be printed across the bottom (the example is labeled as "Pleo RB" simply because my new Pleo doesn't have a name yet). I would give the option of either printing, cutting out and laminating the image yourself (in which case I would just send you the image file online) or I could do all of that myself and ship it to you which would probably cost slightly more. Pins for owners to wear would be the same size as the example and Pleo name tags would be slightly smaller and have a hole punched out at the top so they can be hung on a collar (for the pins, I'll have to visit a local craft store to see if they carry pin backings). The background doesn't have to be white, I can make it any color. Does anyone have suggestions on what to charge for these if I decided to sell them? It obviously wouldn't be much at all since they're just little drawings, but I thought it would be a fun project for me to work on over the summer.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo Name Tags/Badges
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 09:38:51 AM »

Very cute! :D

Piggy

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 11:41:09 AM »

Indeed very cute , I certainly think there is a market for this,  it would be great to have a tag you could hang on the collar and a pin would be a great idea! I would certainly order a pin and name tags. What is a fair price, you have to buy the materials for the pins and tags or are we paying you for the design? And order them ourselves , there are a lot of sites where you can order them .  ;D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 11:46:16 AM by Piggy »

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 12:07:52 PM »

Thank you! I'm not sure what materials I'd be able to get, so if I made the physical pins/tags myself, they'd probably just be made out of laminated paper and a pin backing for now. In that case, you'd be paying for the art (since it would be custom made for each person) and whatever materials I'd need (plus shipping), but I'd probably offer a cheaper option which would be just buying the art and allowing you to make a pin or name tag out of it yourself. I'm not really sure about prices yet since I'm still working this idea out, but it'd be pretty cheap no matter what. Hopefully that makes sense. ^^ 

Piggy

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 03:26:43 PM »

I sell my drawings and make custom made keychains  for a hobby and it is always very difficult to put a price on it ...but I think they are very nice who wouldn't want a personal pin or nametag of their pleo  ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 05:40:43 PM »

That's a great idea! We have sometimes make nametags for our pets, why not our pleos? For that matter, why not aibos too? So many of my aibo forum members have found cute ways to customize their bots to show off their gender and unique personalities. I haven't found a way to do this with my bots. I really want to add some newer, more obvious customization to all my bots to reflect their personalities and genders better. I say go for it!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal