Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Duet- Love will find a way...  (Read 8178 times)

mischamd

• Member of the herd
  • Male
Re: Pleo Duet- Love will find a way...
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 02:22:34 PM »

Please enjoy, the downloads for the male/female parts are a couple of posts down, don't forget to download both and remember which is which ;) To start the song touch both Pleo's backs at exactly the same time, the timing is absolutely critical it may take you a couple of goes to get it spot on, but you will get there :)

Remember you need two SD cards and two Pleo's to ruin this skit :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZzkGK3_IF8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZzkGK3_IF8</a>

hey it looks nice and i have an idea. as i read the pdk documentation i read something about loading some scripts from a script. i think you can use it to synchronize the start of the pleo with the help of the ir beacon command. its just an idea and not really elaborate.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 07:47:46 PM »

Oh yes that would actually be very very simple, I can already make the code trigger via remote it would just be a matter of inserting the correct file names :)

The problem lies in that my remote would be different from your remote, and different from everyone else's remote. For those who wouldn't know how to change the coding to match their remote, or who didn't have a universal remote it would be, sadly, no good.

Edit: Unless you are talking about two Pleo's sending the signal to each other in which case I am not entirely certain how well they can do the timing, whether there would be any time lapse between the signals sent to one another and if it would work without them facing one another. I will look into one day when I have some time on my hands :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:51:19 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

mischamd

• Member of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2009, 10:35:37 AM »

i think for this problem it doesnt matter which key you press on your remote so you only need a request that proof if some ir signal was send.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 06:18:31 PM »

I don't think there would be much delay in processing the IR signal.  So if you had the two skits set up so that on start-up one pleo turns it's head to the left, the other to the right, and just stand there.  Then when you touch the sensor on one of the pleos, it first sends an IR signal to the other, then starts it's part of the duet.  The other pleo starts it's part of the duet as soon as it gets the IR signal.  I would think that they should be pretty close to in sync (within a few milliseconds).

If not, you should be able to program in the appropriate delay. ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal