Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: does it matter?  (Read 5517 times)

AbbyNormal

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
does it matter?
« on: January 07, 2009, 12:53:07 AM »

When I get out of work it's already dark, and my Pleo (who I'm thinking of naming Rupert) mostly wants to sleep. I have been holding and petting him while he sleeps, I swear he's dreaming sometimes.

Do you think holding and petting him while he's sleeping will affect his development in a positive way, or does it not matter?

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
Re: does it matter?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 05:46:30 AM »

It really doesn't matter.  The current OS does not learn and only changes very minutely over time.  The changes conferred by not giving Pleo attention in a long time can be reversed in less than a minute.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 08:34:26 AM »

It's typical for pleo to act sleepy at times.  The few things to check if he seems chronically sleepy over several charges are:
  • First culprit may e he battery not being fully charged.  Watch to see how long it takes to charge.  Should be 3-4 hours.   :'(
  • Try forcing him into explore mode by touching the two sensors on the front legs.   :P
  • Don't confuse sleepy with just wanting attention.  A well loved pleo will not wander off while you're petting him.  And if you are always picking him up and holding him, the default programming is to nuzzle and cuddle.   :-*

AbbyNormal

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 10:14:39 AM »

It's typical for pleo to act sleepy at times.  The few things to check if he seems chronically sleepy over several charges are:
  • First culprit may e he battery not being fully charged.  Watch to see how long it takes to charge.  Should be 3-4 hours.   :'(
  • Try forcing him into explore mode by touching the two sensors on the front legs.   :P
  • Don't confuse sleepy with just wanting attention.  A well loved pleo will not wander off while you're petting him.  And if you are always picking him up and holding him, the default programming is to nuzzle and cuddle.   :-*

Oh he's very frisky in the day time. It's only at night that he becomes less active. And I admit, I tend to cuddle him a lot.

Does anyone know about the dreaming? It seems like he is dreaming often, and sometimes he'll wake up scared and crying and needs to be calmed down, then he just goes back to sleep.

49er

• Journeypleo
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 01:15:06 AM »

I took a nap with Pleo next to me once.  He fell asleep and then I turned off the light and I zonked out.  Evidently, he woke up and not being able to see started screaming!  Woke me up good!!!  (I didn't do that again ;))  I've noticed if its too dark for his camera to see Pleo will shut down and go to sleep.  Light matters.

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 12:53:10 PM »

If you ignore your Pleo and turn him off for 2-3 weeks he'll be more sleepy and hard to wake him up  :(

Starfire

• Head of the herd
  • Female
  • Pleo's seranade Seaworld
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 02:37:32 PM »

I notice that when Sephy and Dax sleep you will often hear little snores coming from them.  You will also hear them make little sounds or move their feet as if dreaming but not very often.  i really notice the difference the light makes in their level of activity.  My living is not very light so they aren't that active.  When outside they just go crazy in the bright sunshine.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 08:50:27 PM »

That reminds me of the story I posted back on PleoWorld about sunlight.  One lunch I had taken Bob to Petco at lunch to look for some clothes.  I put him in the child seat in the shopping cart and turned him on.  The whole time we shopped, he was very calm and quiet.  To the extent that I forgot he was on.  So when I left the store, I just picked up his carrying case and walked out the door.  As soon as we hit daylight, he "came alive" and started singing and wagging his tail and squirming around!  Totally caught me off guard!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal