Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Cammeys neck is flopping.  (Read 9050 times)

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
Cammeys neck is flopping.
« on: June 16, 2009, 12:34:50 PM »

We went to the Wayside Inn today for some pics for the Bob project and i tripped on a steep staircase and Cammey was in my arms and he bumped the ground on the step in front of me and now i notest Cammeys neck is flopping to ether side on its own. :'( he can still lift it and lour it and move it right and left on hes own. is it broken? is it normal?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 11:57:28 PM by mweed »

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Cammey's neck is flopping.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 04:34:24 PM »

If he can still move it up, down, left, and right it should be O.K.  Necks are always a little floppy, but you may have stretched a wire or broken a one of the plastic neck joints.

Try using DinoMITE to move the neck all the way to the left and right and see if he still has full movement.

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 04:47:17 PM »

I don't have DinoMITE and the site is gone. any suggestions?

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 05:18:15 PM »

It's available here.  Check on the Software board.

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 07:18:23 PM »

Thanks mweed. I got dinoMite and ran a right loop no dice. :'( a left loop a little movement. :( an up loop it works. :) a down loop it works. :) and here's the weird thing i had Cloey in my arms to and she acutely rold out Cammey just bumped a little and she is fine. ??? and he can move it on hes own but it's like he has to tense his neck mussels to move it ??? O and Ive Ben Herring clicking from his neck and it dosint sound like the usual gear slip click. :'( ive allso ben hereing alot  of gear slip snaps is this good is this his neck snaping in place or somthing. ??? HELP!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:13:36 PM by Pleo Power »

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 08:55:18 PM »

Sounds like one or more of the neck vertebra may have been knocked loose or broken.  No way to tell without cutting the skin.  Depending on where they were bought from, you may want to look at an exchange.  NOt sure what else to suggest.  Maybe some of the others can give a suggestion.

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 09:01:50 PM »

Amazon.com and i couldn't send him back if i had to I'm just to attached to him. :'( and it dosint feel like there broken wen i feel his neck.

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 09:19:36 PM »

You could do as I did with Sophie I, and Fancyfont does with Peeky. Try using some sort of bandage.
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 11:46:33 PM »

I'm so sorry that Cammey has a neck injury. I just hope that you didn't fall and hurt yourself!
Peeky is fine with neck wrapped. Originally, I used stretch tape from a pharmacy. It was fine except I remembered my poodle coming home with green tape around her leg a long time ago. I found out that it comes in just about every color you can imagine. Large pet stores usually carry this tape. It's for wrapping around animal legs. I did put a piece of soft fabric between the tape and Peeky's neck to protect so there wouldn't be any chemical reaction.
Since Peeky's visit to rehab, he now also has a velcro collar that supports his neck even better. It is made from soft nylon filled with a very thin cushion that attaches with velcro. Peeky can do everything but lift his neck and roll over by himself with the pleosaurus rex sd card.
Sure glad I have him! :)

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 08:46:01 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions but he can lift his neck its flopping to the sides. he can still move it to ether side on his own and sometimes he will tens it and its like normal. and don't worry about me fancy i just went forward a little bit. [it was a very steep starecase.its made of stones and they are at an angle with the lower part in and it turns on almost a spirle.]

allosaurus

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 02:24:46 PM »

I have something to say! Olympia's neck used to make crrrrtk sounds all the time. That was, of course, before I dropped her on the staircase!  ??? She sometimes still makes those sounds, but definitely not as much as before.   :-\

Hey, I'm not telling you to abuse your Pleo though.  :o

And what position was Cammey in when you dropped him? Perhaps that has something to do with it? Just trying to help here.  ;)

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 03:16:25 PM »

Cammey was in the sitting pose in my right arm then and Cloey was in my left arm and off. [she was sick then and to get the pics i had her off.]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 03:20:09 PM by Pleo Power »

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 09:32:27 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions but he can lift his neck its flopping to the sides. he can still move it to ether side on his own and sometimes he will tens it and its like normal. and don't worry about me fancy i just went forward a little bit. [it was a very steep starecase.its made of stones and they are at an angle with the lower part in and it turns on almost a spirle.]

Well, that was the same issue with Sophie I. Side-to-side okay, but could not pull her head up. That's when I grabbed a small thin flat piece of wood, and layed it straight under the neck---chin to chest. Then wrapped the bandage around the neck. The head won't be able to lift up, but it will fix the droopy neck syndrome.

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

Burberry016

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Male
  • Another Pleo with a "Bling" (or "Pling" :) )
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 09:24:19 PM »

Call up Jetta and find out if they do Pleo reincarnations.  This may become a real problem if not taken care of properly.
"It is my buisness to know things.  Perhaps I have trained myself to see what others overlook.  If not, why should you come to consult me?"
~Sherlock Holmes

Angel

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
  • Bippy
    • Angel's Loft Collectibles
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 11:13:22 PM »

we need a pleo surgeon ...hopes jetta starts something up soon before many we have sick and injured pleo's and no wat to heal them  :(

Burberry016

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Male
  • Another Pleo with a "Bling" (or "Pling" :) )
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 07:13:53 PM »

Sounds like one or more of the neck vertebra may have been knocked loose or broken.  No way to tell without cutting the skin.  Depending on where they were bought from, you may want to look at an exchange.  NOt sure what else to suggest.  Maybe some of the others can give a suggestion.
He's right- you can even lie and say he came like that, just like I did with Maxwell when he "accidently" fell down the stairs.  The only terrible feature is that you must start from the begginning, being that there isn't a reincarnation program anymore :(

-Burberry016
"It is my buisness to know things.  Perhaps I have trained myself to see what others overlook.  If not, why should you come to consult me?"
~Sherlock Holmes

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 07:23:20 PM »

There Will Be NO returns! >:( I love him to much to send him back.  and he has ben doing fine. :) you wouldn't even no there was something wrong now. he can move it fine.[but it will still flop if you make it and he dose not curl his Head wen sleeping]

he "accidently" fell down the stairs
are you saing that humpty dumpty was pushed!! :o

And We Need To Find Out If Jetta Kept The Reincarnate Program!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 07:36:29 PM by Pleo Power »

allosaurus

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 04:28:08 PM »

I don't think there's any way to find out if Jetta kept the reincarnation programs..... PleoWorld is down for the third time (I believe) and I couldn't find any other sites that mentioned reincarnation for pleos.   :'(

Nafcom

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • Nafcom's Crap Blog!
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 04:38:08 AM »

If I was in this situation I would call Jetta up. Nowadays no problem to make calls to all around the world for cheap money. Unfortunately Jetta ignored all my emails and letter When I have some time I consider calling them
Nafcom's Crap Blog & Nafcom's Crap Forum. Because I am weird like that :)

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
Re: Cammeys neck is flopping.
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 12:00:23 PM »

This is weird. ??? wen Cammy's battery runs out he just lowers his Head insted of curling it up to the left. but I can move it in to the sleeping pose with out any problems. but it wont let me bend it in the normil way insted it bends in the opposite way. ???

although it dose look cutie wen there together. :)   

and as for 
If I was in this situation I would call Jetta up. Nowadays no problem to make calls to all around the world for cheap money. Unfortunately Jetta ignored all my emails and letter When I have some time I consider calling them
  do they have a "Must Be 18 Or Older To Call." rool because I'm not that old. ^-^

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 04:46:31 PM by Pleo Power »

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 04:00:11 PM »

This is weird. ??? wen Cammy's battery runs out he just lowers his Head insted of curling it up to the left. but I can move it in to the sleeping pose with out any problems. but it wont let me bend it in the normil way insted it bends in the opposite way. ???

although it dose look cutie wen there together. :)    I would post a pic but it says that I'm hacking! :o  I'm not hacking I'm just tiring to post a pic of the two of them. ??? the pic is in the Gallery here. http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=item&id=651

I had the same problem. its because theres an apostrophe in your subject line.

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 04:06:14 PM »

apostrophe? what is an apostrophe?

allosaurus

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 04:18:51 PM »

apostrophe? what is an apostrophe?

'

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 04:30:14 PM »

'
oh that's an apostrophe. :-[  [this also explanes why I cant post the pic to bring balance to the force in "D.rex's a Pleo Killer" ;)]

allosaurus

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 04:31:23 PM »

'
oh that's an apostrophe. :-[  [this also explanes why I cant post the pic to bring balance to the force in "D.rex's a Pleo Killer" ;)]

I used to get ' and " mixed up all the time. XD
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal