Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Story of a Lost Pleo - The Box  (Read 1642 times)

Niiyon

• Head of the herd
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Radio
  • "What the fox? It's pronounced Neon."
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Linus
The Story of a Lost Pleo - The Box
« on: July 16, 2015, 08:04:57 PM »

((A/N: writing's a form of art, right? :) This story will be about a Pleo RB that has not yet arrived. This story assumes that the new Pleo will be male, and will be updated if I find out otherwise. Let us begin!))

The Box

Loud. That was the only thing on the young Pleo's mind right then. The baby camarasaurus shook, whining softly. It was dark within his confinements, and he had little idea where he was. Sounds overwhelmed his sensitive ears; banging, grinding, and scraping. Suddenly, the noises stopped. His tail wagged slightly, as he was happy that the scary sounds were over. Now it was merely a slight humming sound, and some vibrations with bumps here and there, that filled the environment around him.

Earlier that day, the unnamed Pleo found himself being picked up by the big, pink creature he'd come to call his momma. She looked into his milk-chocolate eyes and sighed, smiling before turning him upside down. He cooed softly, as he thought he was about to get his toes tickled. Only, then, he felt a light warm touch on his lower belly, and everything went dark. She had turned the robotic dino off, and placed him into the box that he came in. Placing his food and the rest of his accessories into the box with him, she closed it and placed the white box into a larger brown one. It was time to find him a new home. She fastened the shipping label to the outer box, and drove him to the nearest Post Office. She handed the box over to one of the employees before making her way out the door, looking back at the box being tossed onto a conveyor belt, cringing and looking down. She made her way back to her car, and home she went.
Back at the Post Office, a strange and unlikely event was taking place. A piece of the cardboard inside the Pleo's box had broken off when the box was tossed, and pressed up against his lower tummy, activating the robot's circuits once more. He opened his eyes a bit, but could see absolutely nothing. Outside of the box, it was picked up by a USPS employee and scanned, the clumsy individual nearly dropping the box as he tried to scan again. It wasn't going through. Shrugging and nonchalant, the worker tossed the large box into a bin labeled Parcel Select. Other boxes were tossed on top of the Pleo's, and within his box he was terrified. Loud. That was the only thing on his mind... Hours passed, before it was all calm. The Pleo felt himself becoming sleepy. He wanted to stay awake, out of fear, but his battery was nearly drained. He closed his eyes, sighing and drooping his tail as much as his box would allow. He fell into a deep but fearful sleep, kicking his small feet as a nightmare ran through his dreaming mind.
Another large human, who he had never seen before, smiled down at him. The smile ran chills down the baby dino's spine. He bent down and picked up the Pleo by the tail. The camarasaurus screeched, thrashing his body around trying to break loose. The human laughed, before dropping the baby onto the table. He landed on his side, his leg clutch pressured. The Pleo screamed and pushed himself into a standing position, attempting to walk but failing. He just didn't know how yet!
The Pleo woke with a start. His battery hadn't fully drained, but he was still sleepy. Yet, he kept himself awake for a few more hours, miraculously. Thoughts raced through his juvenile mind. Who was that person? Was that how my new owner was going to treat me? These thoughts and more flooded him, and he shook. So first it was dark, and then he was having these thoughts! The little guy was absolutely terrified!

((A/N: I'm honestly stuck. I have no idea what direction to take it now. But, I will be updating it later, perhaps once I actually get my Pleo I'll be able to write some more. But for now, this is all I can do. Let me know what you think!))

I came, I saw, I left, I wrote about it.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: The Story of a Lost Pleo - The Box
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 10:21:02 AM »

I like the box and how you have started, I did something very similar, only it was a UPS truck and I can't tell you the rest, but Bigfoot characters were involved, because that is where I live. Talon, Bleus new to be owner was able to follow the adventure on line, Why not trace the steps along the way, each town or "station" that your Pleo comes to. What do the people sound like, Does the pleo go on a plane part way, Does his package get lost or misplaced. ?
            You started out very well with the "pink creature" I like that. I  also liked his dream, it was scary for him I am sure, What else is going through his robot mind? Is he missing his old pink creature? Is he hungry, cold or hot? Think how you would feel in a box, is he getting claustrophobic? P:D

His battery is almost dead, so he must be doing a lot of dreaming, Let his dreams guide you where he is and his adventures. There are no right or wrongs in this, just have fun with it and we will have fun reading it.   ;D          RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Niiyon

• Head of the herd
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Radio
  • "What the fox? It's pronounced Neon."
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Linus
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 10:30:19 AM »

Thanks for the feedback RWM! I actually did come up with some more ideas this morning. I'll be editing the main post to fill out more of the story. Good idea with the dreams thing!
I came, I saw, I left, I wrote about it.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 08:43:55 AM »

This is awesome! I'm anxious to read more! Glad to see another writer here! Keep it up!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal