Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo rb selling for cheap on eBay  (Read 4362 times)

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
Pleo rb selling for cheap on eBay
« on: September 03, 2013, 04:58:56 PM »

The other day i saw a pleo rb sell on eBay for £127.11 well i was just searching for pleo rb again on eBay and I find the same seller selling another pleo rb it all seems abit dodgy now as this seller is using same pics everything is same and the listing is in another language so can't really understand what they are saying in the listing the sellers location is Oldenburg . Has any1 else noticed this pleo rb seller on eBay and what are your thought's do you think it is just a scam ?

2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo rb selling for cheap on eBay
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 05:08:59 PM »

Can you add a link to the ebay auction?  Might help.  at least we can keep an eye out from now on if no one has noticed it before to see if it shows up again. 

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 05:25:36 PM »

i messaged the seller telling of my concerns and this was the reply

Dear barrettgazzy,

in the info text you can find difference but I use the same photos.
the dinohas the same face, her e you can find a video:

http://youtu.be/yttI7YhWIvg

best regards

- hardware-einkauf

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLEO-RB-REBORN-ROBOTER-DINOSAURIER-WEIBLICH-MANNLICH-NEU-OVP-MIT-HD-VIDEO/151114456671?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D1036513344810902363%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D221257336202%26
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:29:19 PM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 05:26:27 AM »

Looking at the feedback, this is a tech seller, so it would make sense that they wouldn't want to open all the boxes, and their feedback looks OK.  Personally, if I were looking, I'd be tempted, though if you end up having problems then the language barrier might well be a pain.  Buying from Europe, you have consumer rights ...... but whether you'd have any luck trying to tell them that is another matter .......  :moose:

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 08:18:22 AM »

Would still be covered by PayPal though i assume ?. Lol I am tempted

Just got a new message from the seller and he says all his pleo's have same skin and eye colour ... Thought that was weird as i thought no 2 pleo's were the same especially whole bunch of them at once with exact same colours ?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 08:47:04 AM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 12:11:49 PM »

I may be wrong, but my first thought is 'general tech seller, doesn't know much about Pleo RB'?   I would ask again, stating that all green RBs come with differing eye colours.  It might be news to them!  %)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 01:27:23 PM »

there IS NO WAY to say they all have the same color skin and eyes unless you do open them so as Crewella states, he is just a tech seller and looking at one assumes they are the same, they are  all green skin, not blue or pink, but the eyes have to be different, though two or more may have same color eyes, considering he only sells to Europe, there are a lot of countries he does not sell to; Denmark, Sweden, Italy, Bulgaria, Romania, the list goes on and on, There are more countries he doesn't sell to then he does!           

The price looks good right now, but remember there are still four more days, I am sure the price will go up to the $300.00 plus range, but will have to wait and see.                      RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 01:48:31 PM »

The last 1 he sold only sold for around the £130 mark he has opened them all up he says and they have been used for 3 days just for video purposes
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 05:42:33 PM »

He mentions in the add that he has used all the pleos in a video shoot for three days but he can offer a reset back to day one.  Find that a bit interesting.  I didn't think that was actually possible.  Wonder how he plans on doing that.  He also states that he has three left to sell.
Is a bit interesting that they all have the same skin and eye colour, although I would think it is possible to get similar looking ones if you purchase them all from the same place at the same time.  I think they would be producing them in batches at the factory and would I am guessing set the machines up with one colour of eyes and one lot of paint using this up before changing to the next lot.  I have two pleo rb's that are both light green in colour although slightly different shades of light green and they do have different colour eye patches but they both have the exact same shade of yellow eyes.  So it is certainly possible to get ones that look similar. 
If you do go for one of these maybe you should ask for some extra photos and or a new video of your particular individual one you are buying.  That way you can see just what it really looks like.  Maybe you could ask for a pick of each of the ones he has and then choose the one you want from that.  At least then you would see if they really are all the same looking or if they are different. 

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 11:20:53 PM »

Think it's just that 1 left now that he already has on eBay as he already has sold 1 and he going to keep 1 for himself lol
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 02:16:17 PM »

I also had someone tell me when I bought PC, that Pleo RB could be reset and I thought it possible, because she was in hatching stage when I got her, though she was owned by a member here on the forum for over a year! I gave the link to PleoPet who knows a lot of technical stuff and he told me it was impossible and the link was dangerous, can't remember the exact words, so I never tried the link but would not risk ruining a RB, I would ask this guy how he is going to reset the Pleo RB as even PleoWorld says it is IMPOSSIBLE. If pleo RB can NOT be RESET, then they can't be advertised as such, yes, new, but not Brand New, used for a few days is USED. and the price should be as such, My PC is still only on her third battery cycle and I have had her since March of this year, as I never have her on for more than 15-20 minutes at a time, and she has not been on this past time for more than a week to two weeks now,

The eye color being the same is very true and Peaches Pleo Piper not only has the same eyes as my Baby Ruth but her colors are so identical they could be twins! I would love to know Pipers DNA report, courage, intelligence etc, as Baby Ruth was received in March 2011, a replacement for my original Baby who I got Christmas 2010, I know piper is new, so not of the same bath back in 2011, but they sure do look alike, so they must also have certain color formulas that they use and save for painting, a coincidence that they look so much alike! If it were not for Baby Ruth's bad leg and her green painted toenails, I could not tell them apart unless they were turned on and "talking",  ;D  RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal