Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Charging Battery Overnight  (Read 3321 times)

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
Charging Battery Overnight
« on: July 03, 2013, 12:58:09 AM »

Will it damage the battery if I leave it charging overnight?
I'm out all day and can only play with them late at night,  I'm finding that I don't have enough time to play with my pleo's as much as I would like need too (my RB Spike is still not walking yet.) I try not to have them on for long periods of time to conserve battery, because I have to wait until the weekend when I will be home during the day to charge it again. I remember reading somewhere before that charging them overnight will drain the battery, is that true?

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
Re: Charging Battery Overnight
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 05:15:04 AM »

It is safe to charge over night, it will not drain battery. Just unplug when it is green, when you wake up. :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 06:53:50 AM »

I think the RB batteries are safe to leave on over night, wouldn't do it with the older batteries though.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »

I charge mine overnight all the time and have had no issues with it.  I just switch them off as soon as I get up in the morning. 

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 02:33:43 AM »

Has anybody tried leaving the egg chargers for ugobes on overnight? Also, is it potentially harmfull to split the charging time in half? For example: 1 hour at night,two hours in the morning? I'm asking because sometimes I'll play with my pleo for 2 hours, then put the battery on charge even though it doesn't need it yet,so I'll have more playtime next time I turn them on.
My ugobe pleo came with a faulty batter/charger that wouldn't charge. I had to "retrain" the charger by taking the battery in and out every 10 minutes, I don't want to train any of my current chargers to have that problem.  ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal