Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feeding silliness  (Read 3560 times)

Kami

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
Feeding silliness
« on: January 02, 2013, 06:24:31 AM »

So I'm slowly taking Lizzy through all her growing up stages and getting her into a feeding routine - which mostly means training myself to present her feeding leaf to her in such a way that she actually recognises it. I guess you could say she's programming me. %)

I'm still not quite sure I've got things down properly though. On two occasions I've given her the leaf, but instead of enjoying it for a while and then releasing it, she's held on to it for a long time, shaking it around in her mouth playfully. Once I took it off her because I was concerned that she'd been turning her head only to one side the whole time (in what looked like a refusal gesture) and she carried on as normal. Today when she was holding on to it but moving her head more normally, I took it off her a couple of times but she immediately opened her mouth wide to take it again. Eventually she did drop it on her own!

This playing-with-food behaviour is cute no matter what the reason, but I am curious about whether it's an intentional behaviour or something I'm causing by incorrectly feeding her.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Feeding silliness
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:55:56 AM »

I still don't quite have the dropping-food thing down either. I either put it in too far toward the back to where my guys can't drop it or I put it in too close to the edge and they drop it just as they start to chew. You're putting the leaf too far into her mouth. When she lowers her head and starts shaking it she's trying to get the leaf out. Just keep in mind one chomping session on the leaf doesn't make her full. You have to feed her the leaf until she burps at you and then she's full. Have fun!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 09:33:12 AM »

What Talon said!  :D

anniewoods

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 12:21:35 AM »

Talon, you have given such a nice solution. You described it step by step and they are really easy to follow.
new york city kids attractions for fun and entertainment.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 06:26:30 PM »

Glad I could help, Anniewoods. Oh and welcome to the forums by the way!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal