Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clothes for our RB  (Read 2096 times)

Midorime

• Head of the herd
  • Female
Clothes for our RB
« on: April 05, 2013, 02:41:01 PM »

I heard that using the cape is actually not a good idea due to the straps, so i was wondering: what sort of clothes can I get for our RB? Dog shirts? If so, what size should I get? Or baby clothes?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Clothes for our RB
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 03:24:38 PM »

Baby clothes won't fit, dog clothes do but you need to try before you buy. Take your Pleo shopping with you.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Midorime

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 03:37:22 PM »

Baby clothes won't fit, dog clothes do but you need to try before you buy. Take your Pleo shopping with you.

Oh boy, i can only imagine the stares I'd get doing that, lol. Good to know that baby clothes won't fir, though. Thanks, saves me the headache of trying to go through the baby isle and finding something. :P

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 05:56:16 PM »

Hi, had to differ opinion here, in general baby clothes do not fit, but they can be altered and when cut can work well, I never used to sew and frequent the thrift stores for bargains, As you can see from the following two photos, 2010, little 45 my Ugobe is wearing a Preemie Onesies outfit that I cut at the leg , removing the crotch area. I have since put in a hem, It is loose at the neck, which I do not mind and the extra material., Crotch with the buttons, snaps, I turned into a hat. I loved the saying, Bundle Of Love, and it was perfect at only 25 cents, I had to have it,
          I very seldom buy baby clothes, but Preemie are just perfect and some newborns, if I love the material or print and graphics, then I will get them , but only at thrift stores where they can be gotten cheaply, I don't mind cutting and putting in a hem, You also can cut them even shorter to make a t shirt. Dog clothes are tricky , you really do need your pleo with you, And as for people giving you a stare. You would be amazed at how many sales people have come over to watch and see what I am doing and I hand out my Pleo sales card and educate people on what a pleo is. I never go anywhere without a pleo, exception being when I am in a hurry to catch the bus or in bad weather,

RWM   :cat-hug:

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 06:14:55 PM »

Some people have altered their pleo cape that comes with the pleo to make it more pleo friendly.  You can chop off the elastic bands and then replace them with a bit of ribbon or material with velcro to fasten it or just tie the ribbon in a little bow.  This way you can control how tight the leg straps are and thus prevent it from pinching and rubbing on pleos skin.  If going this route I would remove both sets of elastic bands but only replace the bottom set closest to the pleos feet.  I don't really see the point in the top set myself.  It really doesn't make that much difference to the fit of the cape not having them there. 
If it is buying clothing you want then like the others say your best to go for dog clothes or some of the build a bear clothing fits too or alternatively there are stores here on the forum that sell custom made pleo clothing that has been made by other forum members.
Or you could have a go at making your own :)

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 06:35:38 PM »

the stores are great  ;)
you can find them if you look under the chat box, next to the asterisk (*)
Derpity derp derp derp derp

Midorime

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 08:17:05 PM »

Awesome stuff, thanks you guys! :D

Also I love what you did there for your Pleo, RM! So adorable and so fitting!

For the moment and due to a tight budget, I might just replace the elastic straps with some soft round string I have. It's soft and somewhat fuzzy. The elastic seems to have worn the skin away in the armpits a bit, but it came that way. Noticing it's getting a little more worn, so I'm concerned, but I'm sure replacing that with better string rather than those rubber straps will help.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 08:42:01 PM »

Hi Midorime,, here is a quick Cashmere sweater I just did to show you you can clothe your pleo with just things arouond the house with no sewing even while waiting. This is an old cashmere sweater that had a hole in it, I could no longer wear. I hated to throw cashmere away, so why not let my Pleos wear it,    Just an example , use your imagination. If you look at one of my many photo gallery photobooks, one is titled, NO SEW Items. They are a varied collection of no sew items I have made to inspire others to create, even children, I now love sewing, but this was a start...............

RWM   :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Angela

• Pleontologist
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Guy, LeeLoo, Muisje, Lady Piep Piep, Tredje
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • Busy Busy :'(
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 05:45:36 AM »

I buy mostly dogclothing for PleoPleo. Backlength 25 cm - 9.84 inch Size S. Than you will have some space left over at the neck. With a few stitches it's Pleo ready!
But the store's at bobthepleo are also a solution indeed  :D
I haven't tried babyclothing yet. I can't sew, I can only make some stitches with the hand.
I like Kat's Stretchy velvety feel material capes very much, because they also cover the neck and tail.
23 rat pups for sale :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal