Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meet new furby  (Read 7079 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Meet new furby
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 09:14:35 PM »

congrats IMR on your new crazy Furbies, I know they can be gotten here in the states but I guess Pleos are my cup of tea. I am thinking of sending the Furby I have to someone here on the forums, still can't get an interest in it, Perhaps you can convince me the Furbie booms are more interesting, I think I just do not have the energy to keep up with them. at least Pleos I can keep up with , mentally anyway. I do like that they are different, that is a nice bonus and there are some pretty colors, I like Drizzles colors the best too, I know I saw some other colors also. I think there are six of them but I only saw the video once or twice.

Looking forward to seeing the videos, I know they will be fun. Good luck with your dr. apt, hoping nothing too serious.              RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2013, 11:37:48 PM »

There's a video on its way but first impressions are good. They have a much nicer starting personality and speak a lot more English. The group singing is sickeningly adorable ;) I very much like the added back sensor, Furby can now tell if it's being held or cuddled, you can also switch them off by pulling and holding the tail which is handy. I'm a bit under the weather today with a chest infection so I'll be playing around with them most of the day. Will see if I can get some personality changes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhaU_ofPlUU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhaU_ofPlUU</a>
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 11:59:10 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2013, 09:32:10 AM »

Isn't it absolutely infuriating how they have colour coordinated them to look best in a set?? Rather uninspiring on their own but sit them on a shelf together and you get adorable art. You cannot just display one, geez this is gonna hurt my wallet.

OK IMR get ready for questions, this is gonna be like an interrogation ;)

The group singing was terrific, I read they have some sort of name registration and can learn the names of other Furbies around them, how does it work with your lot?
The Furby Boom looks to have plastic feet instead of fabric, is this for dancing?
Would you say a Furby Boom is worth getting or are they so similar to the 2012's the upgrade was not necessary?
Can you play with it fine without the app?
What are the new personalities like? How quickly do they happen and does Furby still strobe his eyes?
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2013, 02:44:23 PM »

You need the app to 'teach' them their name, unfortunately the app isn't out yet. But they will remember it and use it with other Furbies.

They do have feet made out of the same stuff as the ears, I think it's purely cosmetic, they won't damage/get dirty as fast as the 2012.

If you are into Furbies then yup, it's worth getting, there's enough new features to impress. But if you don't care for the 2012 Furbies then these guys are probably not going to change that. The up and coming app when it finally gets released is going to add a nice new depth of play to the Furby Boom though. Akin to a tamagotchi.

The app is not a necessity, however you are going to miss out on all the furblings if you don't have it, so it's definitely something to consider. It is coming out for android as well as iOS so it should cover a pretty wide range of devices. The new app will not work with 2012 Furbies.

As yet I haven't been able to coax a personality change it of my lot, I'll keep working on it :)

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2013, 04:43:15 PM »

They looks cool to me, amd this furby boom looks a real improvement in the furby range, more an the 2012 ;)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2013, 01:19:29 AM »

I enjoyed the video IMR and the singing was cool, It actually prompted me to open after all these months, ( since Sept...) my Furby 2012, I figured what the hay....and it was fun for a little , I liked the randomness of saying that furby would engage in when you did not expect Furby to say anything, Now If I can figure out what he said...I did record it and Furby started out with what is probably the standard personality, then he changed to a psycho personality with crazy eyes, then the changed again to a sweeter one. I could get bored but if they change more randomly and say new things and not repeat everything over and over, then it is fun for a break in what I am doing.

I just wish I could turn them off like the old ones. If you pull the batteries do they lose their personality or do you have to start all over? I noticed with the new Furby Boom the app is coming out shortly, on the 20th I believe. I don't have an I phone or Ipad and don't think it will work with my tablet, even though it is Android and new, it would not download the Pleo app, either saying it was not compatible. Do you miss out on a lot of things with out the app or can you still do the basic things? What happens if you just turn them on, as a group, and walk away leaving them alone, will they sing together without any prompting and do they also go to sleep as a group?

Just curious.           RWM :cat-hug:

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2013, 01:35:25 AM »

Thankyou IMR.

The Android app for the 2012's was only available on five brands of  tablets, my tablet is a recent big name model but was not included in the list so I'm going to go a head and assume a similar thing will happen with the Boom app. Only available on the brands owned by Google >:(

I do like my Furbies but don't think I will get the new one :( It seems most of it's new features depend on the app, if I can't get that then I don't see the point. I will wait and see, I like that is seems harder to get the personality to change. It gets a bit annoying the way they change all the time, I like one personality best and wish Howard would just stay like that but after five or so minutes he will change to something else.

He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2013, 03:04:58 AM »

The app is out! The eggs are a pretty cool feature, kind of like a tamagotchi. The toilet is questionable... Tizzle pooped a rainbow heart... :P Showering isn't all that exciting, the feeding is the same as the regular Furby app and the mini games are fun enough. Some of the names are pretty funny, for example Doo Doo means Smells Good... ;D

You can use the app without having a Furby which is a plus.

I will get more videos up over the weekend, but at the moment I'm pretty under the weather and it's about as much as I can manage just to go to work.

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 03:20:12 AM »

Thankyou IMR.

The Android app for the 2012's was only available on five brands of  tablets, my tablet is a recent big name model but was not included in the list so I'm going to go a head and assume a similar thing will happen with the Boom app. Only available on the brands owned by Google >:(

I do like my Furbies but don't think I will get the new one :( It seems most of it's new features depend on the app, if I can't get that then I don't see the point. I will wait and see, I like that is seems harder to get the personality to change. It gets a bit annoying the way they change all the time, I like one personality best and wish Howard would just stay like that but after five or so minutes he will change to something else.

I like the first stage too! You can reset him and have it all the times (put upside down, pull the tail and at the same time push tongue sensor for 5-7 seconds)

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2013, 03:27:02 AM »

Will the Furby doll play the app games with you or do you play with a virtual Furby?

I think this app idea is really exciting, think if there was one for Pleo with board games on it. Use chess for an example. The tablet is the game board and when Pleo or Furby or other robot wants to move their peice they communicate with the tablet, when the human player wants to move their peice they toch the screen, you could have all sorts of board games your robot could play with you.
I love board games but none of my friends do so I have no one to play them with, I would love to play a game with one of my robots :)

Still not showing up in the Android store but the Australian Furby site is still only listing the same four Google brand tablets for Boom :(

This sounds so great, my disapointment will be epic if my device is not going to be supported!

EDIT: omg thankyou so much Roxy, I did not know you could reset to the starting personality, I miss that one! I'll go try it now, thankyou again  ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2013, 04:41:05 AM »

You play with both, Furby and virtual furblings, however you can play with furblings with no Furby, and Furby with no furblings :P Here's a quick video :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSgXrDtUBLc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSgXrDtUBLc</a>

Edit: Also I have all three on different personalities at the moment, Tizzle is the default personality, Drizzle is crazy (I think) and Sizzle is different again although I've got no idea what his personality is called. Have to go look up the types!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:46:33 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2013, 08:19:46 AM »

:cool: :clap:

Lol "Mind. Blown." mine too Furby, that was awesome! Oh how I hope they sort the Android version out properly this time :pray:

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2013, 05:08:22 PM »

The app looks cool.  Where did you down load it? or what is it called so I can search for it? 

Love the videos of the furbies singing.  am also curious if this was a spontaneous event or if you can get them to do this on command?  :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 12:37:04 AM »

The app is called Furby Boom and is available at the apple App Store, the singing is spontaneous but fairly common.

On a side note the kids had a a great time today hatching eggs and playing with furblings. I have five moved into the 'city' and four eggs waiting to hatch.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:39:00 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »

tracytigress

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2013, 02:32:38 PM »

Thank god the new Furby Booms don't appeal to me at all with their crazy colours. I wouldn't afford one anyway :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2013, 05:04:45 PM »

Furbies are interesting but I would rather invest my money in Pleos, I am just too old I guess to find them interesting for long, After all, it took me from SEpt till two days ago to just open my Furby 2012, I had him on for about and hour and then 15 minutes last night, and nothing today, He went through four changes but if I don't constantly play with him he goes to sleep. I guess I would need something new or more spontaneous, Two or more may be more fun, I think I will just donate or give him away as he will just collect dust on my shelf and I have my hands full with all my Pleos and real furbabies right now

He should go to a home where he will be appreciated. I can see in the classroom esp with the app you have IMR it can be fun for everyone, oh to be a kid again..............be glad you are still very young! RWM :cat-hug:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2013, 06:38:12 PM »

The kids did have a wonderful time hatching the eggs and playing with the app. Best of all, for those with access to iPads, iPods or iPhones, I can send them eggs that they can hatch and play with at home :)

Its a cold, wet and windy day here, I'm home coughing up my lungs and too sorry for myself to do much ;) So it looks to be a good day for some Furby testing!

Tizzle and Dazzle: New Furby meets last years
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcIEGMDwH-A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcIEGMDwH-A</a>

Drizzle and Sizzle meet after being named.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gneO8VcD_vg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gneO8VcD_vg</a>

Drizzle and Frazzle
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r7iZqu_c2s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r7iZqu_c2s</a>
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:30:34 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2013, 07:14:47 PM »

If I could be either a kid for a day in your classroom or to be a teacher again and be able to "stir interest " in the young child's mind, that would be lots of fun.  :dino-chase: :cheer:Sorry to hear you are sick IMR, sounds like Bronchitis or the flu, or is it just a nasty chest cold? Either way get well soon. Sounds like it is your Winter there, is it? Here is almost Fall, but cold and foggy overcast today which is typical for this time of year, only about 53 for a high all day. I don't mind the mid 50's, but I do mind not seeing the sun, I like it either warm and sunny or Wet wintery weather, I love the rain, but I hate the wind. ( has to do with having very long hair and it gets blown to bits...)

REst well , get well and have fun hatching those furbies, The app won't work with my tablet and I have no I phone either.. darn darn...........RWM :cat-hug:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2013, 07:34:51 PM »

The new trio :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AMIJQSM6rg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AMIJQSM6rg</a>

It is winter here RWM, but spring is coming. I've got a chest infection, so lots of warmth and rest to help the antibiotics do their thing.

Paying the app with no Furby.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cvTe_nMF8E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cvTe_nMF8E</a>

For those wondering, the Furbucks are not purchasable, so it is truly a free app. You earn them by doing pretty much everything in the app, you get 1000 for hatching an egg and between 30-100 for playing games, feeding or grooming your furblings.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 08:13:52 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2013, 05:37:40 PM »

Cute! From the sounds of it, the Booms all have the same voice. Are they different personality-wise? Oh and sorry you're so sick, IMR chest infections are no fun. I hope you get well soon.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2013, 08:17:08 PM »

They have ten different personalities as far as I can tell from various you tube clips and rumors. Thus far I managed to get crazy, overfed and party girl along with baby (which they start off as) and the default personality. According to Hasbro they should have the same five as the 2012 Furbies and five more new ones.

Thanks Talon, I'm getting a little better every day, has been hard sleeping at night because of the coughing but it is showing signs of easing.

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2013, 08:22:55 AM »

Sweet will have to download the furby boom app my kids have furby's so looks interesting and will get more play out of their furbies ;-) . Just to add i think these furbies are quite cool just wished they gave them a similar look to their last line of furbies before the 2012 releases with the little hard feet not plush and kept with the same ears etc but hey that's just me :-P
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2013, 03:24:33 PM »

The app doesn't work with older Furbies, but of course they can still use it :) A Furby boom is not required.

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2013, 10:54:33 PM »

Older furby's as in the 1s released just last year you mean ?
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2013, 05:08:17 AM »

Yes she is talking about the 2012 and older furbys.  There is a furby app you can use with the 2012 furbies but the app shown above is the furby boom app and only works with the furby booms.  You can play with the app as a game on it's own with no furby though.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal