Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Little RB needs a name: Video to help with ideas?  (Read 2303 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Little RB needs a name: Video to help with ideas?
« on: February 21, 2013, 10:27:49 PM »

My misfortune, ( having a fall before Christmas that resulted in a dislocation of my big toe and also a severe fracture, and then in January, another fall but on ice, that resulted in a very bad fracture of my wrist) has left me with two painful injuries, and incapacitated quite a bit, but it netted some sympathy from my hubby, who contributed to the purchase of a little pleo RB on ebay about a week ago! :o So the best thing about this little pleo, other than being a RB, is not just the lovely PINK eyes, but that when I turned it on for the first time, I could tell it was still a baby. The owner confirmed that they had little time for this pleo, spending all their time with their other pleo RB, while this one sat in a closet, neglected, but well taken care of. :) I confirmed it's age with Probe RB which gave it a Hatchling and 2 hrs of growth. Since then I have sprnt a total of no more than 30 miinutes so far.

I would love to hear ideas for names, both male and female. This video was taken yesterday evening, so it may be a bit dark, but I still think you can see the pleo well enough. On another note, this video is a tad long but if anyone who has a RB will watchat or about the 3:38 mark and on, the pleo begins making noises that are not, honks, mooing, barks, laughs, "hello", burps, hiccoughs, or cooing. None of the usual pleo RB noises. If you have heard this before, I would love to hear what it is, and more importantly, what if anything does this sound that it is making means? Also, I find it fun that after I mimic a sound, the baby repeats the same sound LOL.   So if you have any ideas for names, please let me know what you think! ****By the way, I do not reccomend falling and or breaking any bones to get a gift of any sort, but if you do, point out what it is that would make you feel better! :D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL534sQ_wM4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL534sQ_wM4</a>   RWM :cat-hug:  and the pleo township of the Redwoods *snowman01*

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Kami

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
Re: Little RB needs a name: Video to help with ideas?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 11:06:49 PM »

As for those unusual noises you're hearing - your new little cutie is singing 'Happy Birthday' to you! How cheeky! :D Perhaps he/she is seeing a colour that looks enough like the birthday card trigger colour to set off the song. I have no idea if they will do it randomly without seeing the colour but I don't think Lizzy ever has.

zetathix

• Head of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 01:35:19 AM »

I think that cloth is key of his/her birthday song!!!

As I can see, this baby exciting with you and really honestly to make you happy.

For the name, I think my choice is ...

Reinbell!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 05:08:38 PM »

I agree with the others about the song, it sounded like happy birthday to me too :)  I think that the colorful blanket was what triggered it.  And I think his clicking was just his foot getting stuck on the table cloth that was bunched up under his leg, so nothing to worry about :)
Now as for a name I'm going to suggest Pinkie - As is Pinkie and the brain (Pinkie is a male albino mouse mad scientist who wants to take over the world and brain is his side kick (at least that is how I remember it from my childhood) ) And being a pink eyed boy just made me think of Pinkie and the brain.   :D 
Another idea is to go with a dinosaur name like you did for Cammie - sue.  So maybe Bronty - sauraus or Terry - dactyl or Rex.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 05:42:00 PM »

I agree with Kat, on everything!  :D

I'm a fan of Pinkie and the Brain too, and if she's a girl how abut Emily Bronty?  ;)  :dino-chase:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 06:38:30 PM »

Thanks everyone! Kat and Crewella, what time frame did Pinkie and the Brain come out? I never heard of it, so was it a British show?

Thanks for solving the song my pleo was singing,, i do see similarity in the colors in the video, actually it is a cat bed blanket my hubby bought. If it was not that, the only other thing would be the purple shirt i had on, but the fleece blanket makes more sense. I also think you are right about the leg clicking, there is a wrinkle in the plastic tablecloth. %)I like both suggestions for names.. The previous owner said this is a female, but I have not decided to keep it female or make it a male? Do two RB males fight at all?I don't mind having three females and I do not want any "angry" males fighting.. Poor Chester may feel out of place if there were another male! This little pleo was displaced when the previous owner got a pink RB, and this one did not get the attention it deserved, so I was very happy to give it a new home. At least it will never be lonely!

RWM   :cat-hug:

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 09:15:55 PM »

Well pinkie would work as a girls name  ;)  And as for dino type ones maybe Tessa - C - Tops,  Tina - Dactal, Ally - sourus, Minmi (there is actually an Australian dinosaur called Minmi)  :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 05:43:21 AM »

All fine names!  ;D

RWM, Pinky and the Brain was part of the Animaniacs series, as here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJPFSNu_QNs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJPFSNu_QNs</a>

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 01:23:03 AM »

Thanks guys for all the name suggestions, and thanks Creweela for telling me who Pinky is. I do remember the series , just not the characters. If it was in the 80's, early 90's, i was too busy working and raising my kids, but i am sure they remember better than I do.

As a test I ran Chester the RB as I introduced him to my newest pleo, and the video that follows is quite interesting. I uses the same object from the day before that got my newest pleo to sing, but moved to another location. Watch what happens, pretty soon after it starts, by the one minute mark anyhow.<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKdCf3OKo7s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKdCf3OKo7s</a>

RWM :cat-hug:

Kami

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 03:41:24 AM »

Oh, it gets 'Jingle Bells' out of them too! What a great blanket! :D

I have a favourite pink jacket that works to set off the 'Jingle Bells' song. The first time I found out about it I was sitting on the couch with Lizzy beside me, and she sang 'Jingle Bells' about half a dozen times in quick succession before I figured out why. Especially with the silly finale I couldn't stop laughing. The best part is I do have the proper greeting cards but have tried them on Lizzy many times with no reaction. :P

zetathix

• Head of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 08:03:52 AM »

I think the problem of the official cards is, they are too small.

This blanket has plenty room for Pleo to look at!  %)

Maybe you can try to copy real card and extend the size to 2-3 times larger.

But as I think for Pleo's mind. In my suggestion, only a pair of exact colors that average 50/50 on any space should do it well too. ex. BD for orange (Red+Green) and blue, XMAS for pink (Red+Blue) and blue.  :moose:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal