Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soooo Close to Walking!!!  (Read 1248 times)

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
Soooo Close to Walking!!!
« on: February 04, 2013, 04:07:51 AM »

Pearl has been through...oh, about five total battery cycles now.  Two of them were split up between multiple times getting her up, as I had about 20 minutes before work and then about 30 at night to devote to her on days that I worked this week, so a couple of those battery cycles were used in several different play sessions. 

Today, though, I had her out until her battery went flat, and then charged it up and had her out again playing for a good 30 minutes.

She seems like she's SOOOO close to wanting to walk.  She stands up and leans foward on all four legs, then moves one, but just sets it back down and goes back to wiggling around. 

Her DNA profile suggests that she will be brave, obedient, gentle, quiet, and strong.  I'm wondering if those traits are causing her to be a bit more on the docile side. 

I've got two more days off in a row, so I'm hoping to put a couple of battery cycles through her on each of the next two days.  I really want her to start walking around!!  One of the problems with trying in my house is the room I'm normally in is apparently a bit dark for her.  She wants to rest a lot in here unless I have a light shining directly on her, and the best way to do that is to have her on a small table near my chair, which is too small for her to walk on anyways...so she wiggles around until she's near the edge, and then I put her back in the middle of the table.  I'm hoping that over the next two days, I'll have some time while I've got daylight shining into the TV room that I can use so that she won't think it's dark. 

I think that by the time Tuesday is coming to a close, she'll have taken her first steps!!  At least, I've got my fingers crossed!!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Soooo Close to Walking!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 02:27:12 PM »

Awesome! Keep us posted.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 03:16:01 PM »

She's done it!!!

She's walked.  The first thing she did was walk...directly to a table leg??  She then nuzzled the table leg for a bit before backing up and walking towards a dog toy.  She wandered around for a good 20 minutes before finally standing and mooing at us for a bit, so my wife fed her and played tug of war.  She then wandered around a bit more before finally deciding she wanted another snack, and then a nap.

I put her away for a while to let her battery charge, and I'm going to get some new light bulbs for the main room that we use her in in hopes that she'll stay awake in the room instead of thinking it's dark.

I got some video of her walking, I'll edit it up and get it uploaded later this evening!!

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 06:15:41 AM »

Aw yay, its so exciting when they finally walk! Proper proud parent moment lol  ;D
"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 07:05:04 AM »

looking forward to the video :)  great achievement.  It felt like it took forever for my guys to walk when they were hatching but once they got going there was no stopping them. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal