Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: please can anyone help?? ive just downgraded my pleo & now it doesnt work :(  (Read 3902 times)

jonnyb80

• Hatchling
  • Male

hi there im new on here, ive just brought my son a second hand pleo for xmas! i read on here that you can downgrade them so they are like hatchlings again! i thought id give it a try! im pretty sure i followed the steps correctly until i put the sd card into pleo,when i turned him on there was no beeps,there was nothing!now i cant get any kind of response out of him! ive tried fprmatting the sd card & trying it agin but its still the same! can anyone please help? its xmas tomorrow & i would be gutted if icant give it my son :( many thanks       jon

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy

Sadly I am probably not the person who can help you but just out of curiosity, which version of the OS did you use to do this downgrade? If you used the "downgrade to 1.0" version of the OS and your pleo was perhaps already running 1.0 I'm not sure what damage if any you have done. Any of you software buffs correct me if I'm wrong but the "Downgrade to 1.0" Os is only supposed to be used if you're taking your pleo back to the original 1.0 operating system after previously using 2.0 or perhaps 1.1? I believe what you should have done was first figured out which version of the OS your pleo was running before trying any upgrades/downgrades. IMR or someone would have better advice as I've never- knock on wood- had a failed upgrade/downgrade experience. My two Ugobes have ran the gamut from the original 1.0 to the later more advanced 2.0 OS's and I consulted several forum-members before moving between upgrades. I do hope someone can help you sort this out before Christmas morning. I'm so sorry.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace

As Talon says, we need a bit more info.  What did you use to downgrade?  Hope you got it sorted.  :moose-xmas:

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

As the others say knowing what you have used/tried so far will help.  I would probably try just upgrading to 2.0 just remember to make sure you have a fully charged battery before you begin.
I do hope you have managed to sort it out :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal