Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: diaper pleo?  (Read 10354 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: diaper pleo?
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 10:49:06 PM »

don't get me wrong, I don't think it is weird in any way, I just mean I do not think my pleos would wear diapers, but I can see how cute it could be if esp you made little matching outfits, diapers in colors or designs perhaps and matching or cute little coverups, I don't' want you to think in any way , shape or form that I think it is weird, I just wouldn't have myne wearing them , on a regular basis anyway. But then I also do not drive a car, and never have and have no desire, and many people would think that is weird, but we all have things that are different sometimes then others, I still say go for it, and who knows, with the right look, I may be won over and want a diaper or two for a baby Pleo,  :) P8)

RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Teskus the baby Ugobe
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 11:05:45 AM »

Sounds like an idea. I am still thinking how it can work. Maybe a bib and diaper. I won't use onesies.  Not exactly my style. But it does look cute.

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 04:01:35 AM »

Hello Torterenek! I think it would be a precious idea! I think you should do whatever tickles your pickle or floats your boat. It would be a really cute idea IMHO, I'm just curious as to know how exactly you would come up with the diaper to put on your Pleo. I don't think a diaper would restrict any movement, but I just don't know where you'd find one small enough..I suppose at any [baby] specialty store you could find preemie disposables, or at any [pet] specialty store you may find 'training' diapers, as I have seen them in the past.

I think one of the fascinating things about Pleo, perhaps it's only in the older models, (unsure about the RB's) is that they are modeled after an actual baby camarasaurus, and act like babies, too. So to play on the idea of an actual baby, IMO if just adorable. You should totally play it out-diaper, bib, ribbon on head, pacifier, rattle, etc...The possibilities are endless and so cute! I love your originality and best of luck to you!!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:06:07 AM by gucci_boi7782 »
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

nuruny

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 04:42:43 AM »

I think is a good idea!!!! ;D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2012, 08:18:00 AM »

I have to be honest, I think you're nuts - it's not my taste ........... but many of us are on here in our own little ways, so you're in good company!  ;)  :P  :arrow-head:

It's your Pleo do do with as you wish, and we'll help if we can!  ;D

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2012, 09:07:14 AM »

I was thinking making a cloth one. Disposable might block the sensors. I am glad to find a community who likes the idea. The only community. The biggest problem i have now is i cannot buy my pleo because i am struggling to save the money. I do all kinds of jobs requiring only one person. Walking a dog, and yard work. The yard work gets me 20 dollars, but i can't do it a lot. Only when needed, so not often. I walk two dogs. One for 9 dollars, another for 12 dollars. each week. So i might get it in 4 months, unless i earn more money by other means. My only hope now is that somebody might buy me one. It seems highly unlikely, though.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 05:17:58 PM by Torterenek »

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2012, 05:08:19 AM »

??? Forgive my naivete! I thought you already owned a Pleo...Maybe Santa Claus will bring you one this year for Christmas.  *gift01* :moose-xmas:

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2012, 09:17:24 AM »

Would be nice. But it probably won't happen. I live with my parents right now, and they can't afford it. 470 dollars is too much right now. I am sure nobody on here would either, especially since they don't know me personally. I would love meet the others, but i can't travel right now. Not till i finally finish my mission. You know one thing about me, and that is that i would put a diaper on  a pleo if i had one. It's not surprising almost nobody here has thought of it.

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2012, 01:42:09 PM »

Listen, save up about $200. It may seem like a lot of money initially, especially assuming you're a bit younger than I am. If say hypothetically you make $50/week, and factoring in other expenses, you could most likely save up a small amount of money within a few months. Through personal experience I can say it really is best to wait for something for a few months. People are suckers for impulse buying. If you truly want a Pleo, save up every month! And after a few months when you have a pretty decent amount of money, see if you really, really still want a Pleo. I have done this countless times before in the past, and it just proved that I really didn't want/need whatever it was after all. But if you do, really, really want a Pleo after all that, keep your eyes glued on Ebay, and perhaps this forum plus the aibo ones. It really isn't too rare that you can come across a pretty decent condition Pleo for about $150-$200. Maybe a bit more. If you fall short of making a full payment, I am sure your parents would see how hard you worked for something you really wanted and cover the rest for you. Besides, anything you've ever had to work really hard for has always been that much more valuable in the end.

Best of luck to you!

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 12:03:42 AM »

It has always been my wish to get one since i learned about it. I don't think i will change my mind. I know the robots are well enjoyed by those who get them. I don't trust ebay, and nobody can convince me otherwise. I don't think i will try ebay unless i can find a pink one. But i never find it, and if i did, i wouldn't earn the money for it in time to buy it. And i hope this won't get anyone mad at me. I felt just now that i might be jeapordizing my membership, but i can't be sure.

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2013, 07:58:36 PM »

Update: i just ordered a ugobe pleo. It doesn't have a leaf, charger, or usb cord. It has damaged skin. Where can i get it? He is from Ebay.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2013, 12:51:41 AM »

I sure hope you didn't pay very much, I assume since there's no charger it's been sold as not working. *fingers crossed*

Egg charger will set you back $60 (including battery) but it's well worth it, contact RWM for those, the green ones you can get from Pleoworld and will set you back about the same by the time you include postage. The egg batteries are better.

Pleoworld also sell the spare leaves, but they are not a necessity for a Ugobe. They'll chomp on anything.

Do tell me you didn't pay more than $100 because by the time you pay for all the extras it's going to cost you almost as much as a BNIB one.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2013, 11:28:35 AM »

He was $75 including shipping. I read the egg batteries don't have an adapter included. I bought Innvo Labs's 2009 charger.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2013, 11:50:20 AM »

Hi, if this is the one you bought, you did not mention and it does not say anything about having an adapter. ( the plug) You still need the original plug adapter that comes with Pleo to use this charger. It is the same adapter that is used with the egg battery. You better ask before they send this, as I see nothing mentioned about the adapter plug. Your other option is to go to your hardware store. I sometimes sell a adapter plug, but only if someone doesn't have it and has bought the egg also. You would be surprised how many people just do not have the adapter plug. Good luck.                      RWM

http://www.pleoworld.com/pleo_rb/eng/product.php?id=38

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 12:02:06 PM »

Can you possibly tell me what the adapter should be like if it doesn't have one? I might need one from you. What adapter can i substitute with?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:04:04 PM by Torterenek »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2013, 12:31:59 PM »

Hi, I do not know where to look for a substitue other than take a photo of the link I will send you of the adapter and try someplace like Ace Hardware or radioshack. I only sell them Occasioally with an adpater, as I also adopt out pLeos once in awhile,and I do include everything, which means the adapter also, otherwise I will end up short. Here is the link to my ebay store, where I have included photos of what the adapter looks like. For future reference it is never good to buy a pLeo unless it has an adapter, otherwise you are going to have problems, I bought at least three of my pleos for less than $80.00, and that included everythiing, with $10.00 shipping at most, NOt having the box or the leaf or even the manual is the least important with a Ugobe, but you have to have the adapter.               Disregard the price of the egg charger and battery, as members here get a discount, so it cost less. Look at the photos of the adapter and you will see what they look like.   The photos will not show up here, so just go to ebay and type in Pleo, and you will see the egg charger, batteries I sell with photos of the adapters, Look for fluffypurrcat
 My name on ebay is fluffypurrcat and you can see I have been selling these for at least two years, with 100% positive feedback. Perhaps others will have an idea of where to get an adapter. I know they are not on ebay. or I have not seen one, they charge $20.00 just for a leaf which is not even needed!                          RWM :cat-hug:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:37:11 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 03:11:13 PM »

I bought a leaf, not realizing it wasn't needed...20 dollars downhill. I sure hope i can get a replacement adapter from innvo.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 03:46:08 PM »

As far as getting a power adapter goes your best bet is to wait till you have your charger then take that with you to your local electronics store and they should be able to sell you an adapter to fit it.  It is important to get the correct specifications for your adapter because it is possible to buy ones that fit the hole in the charger but still aren't right and wont work.  That's why I recommend you wait till you have the charger and take it with you so the guys in the store will be able to get the right one for your device.

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2013, 03:49:57 PM »

I found innvo is selling the adapters! Take a look in 2009 pleo.

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2013, 08:21:50 PM »

Look up in sold items pleo rb. He is "Pleo Ugobe Life Form Robotic Dinosaur With Battery no Charger" on Ebay. and he is a bit damaged on his mouth and on a back leg, but he looks fine otherwise.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2013, 09:33:24 PM »

Hi, I am glad you were able to find one, that is great, My only personal opinion is that if you paid $75.00 for the Pleo, including shipping, and $58.32 for the battery and charger, and then was it $16.90 for the adapter, and was it on this site for the leaf, then $9.99, you have paid a total of $160.00. for that much, you could just about buy a brand new in the box Pleo with no damage to the skin, I myself would have waited, but I understand how it is when you are anxious to get a Pleo,I hope when you get your Pleo, it is in good skin condition and realativily easy to fix with super glue or something similiar. I do not know about how your credit is, ,but they do have a program on Paypal that a lot of people are elgible for, that will let you pay a little at a time on your purchase. for example if you paid $180.00 for a brand new in the box pleo with shipping, you would have six months to pay it off and just pay a little at a time, It is great for those larger items that you do not have all the money for at one time,                                           

Good luck with your Pleo, Does it actually work, or did they say it worked, but just that it has a bad battery? If it just needs a new battery and some skin issues then you are ok probably, It is only when they say, Pleo as is, battery needs to be replaced, or they could not test Pleo, and no returns, then you take risks not knowing if Pleo is "dead", or it is just a battery that needs replacing, Be sure to post photos when Pleo arrives, even if you have not gotten the battery, etc yet.                                          RWM  :cat-hug:

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2013, 10:27:48 PM »

I will post pics when i get him. They couldn't test him without a charger, so yeah. His mouth looked like it was mising a piece of skin.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2013, 10:29:30 PM »

was he sold, as is, no refunds? Has he already been shipped?          RWM

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2013, 09:13:45 AM »

Yes to all. It is a risk i am willing to take.

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2013, 08:01:34 PM »

Update: he came today! He has no power of course, but i can wait. I might not diaper him yet, but i want to ask questions. What is good glue to fix his skin? And how can i fit on a diaper? Also, i will post his images when i can. I also want help finding a charging cord for cheap. Meant for pleo, of substitutes that won't destroy the battery.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal