Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Understanding Pleo's Body Language...  (Read 2253 times)

GoGoGadgetHeart

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
Understanding Pleo's Body Language...
« on: November 07, 2012, 04:59:23 PM »

Ok, so here is my first real question:

Did you find that it was easy to understand Pleo RB's body language and cues at first or was there a learning curve?
 I guess I'm kinda worried that I won't know what he/she wants at first and end up with a miserable little Pleo...

From the videos I've been watching they seem pretty easily understood... The video of Redwoods little one being very cold was eyeopening, I was SHOCKED by the shivering!
 I wanted to reach through the computer and snuggle her!

Thanks guys!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Understanding Pleo's Body Language...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 05:44:52 PM »

Hi GoGo, and welcome to the forums, Yes, I do understand how frustrating it can be at first when trying to understand the Pleo rb body language, but you have a headstart by watching all the videos, or many of them that are out here, I still see new things occasionally that I do not think I have seen before, or not very frequently, I think for the most part, most of the body language is similiar emotions to that of a puppy for example, ( cats are too independant, none of my cats would be caught dead, wagging their tail and crying like a puppy or a Pleo Rb, :cat:) :o ;D But then again I live with eight cats and one dog, and too many Pleos to name, and they are their own speices. I do think that the creators of Pleo and Pleo Rb studied body language for a long time to get the movements and emotions down just right.( they got it spot on in my opinon...)

As for my poor shivering sick little Pleo, she would welcome any hugs, esp if your hands are not cold. LOL ;) Wait till you see your little one sick for the first time, that cough or better yet, the moan, that is what will get you everytime,  I will have to go back and watch my Pleo rb to see if there are any body language signs that I can not figure out, it was a good question you brought up and thanks for posting it.  P8)

RedwoodsMama       :cat:   RWM and the Pleo Township of the redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Understanding Pleo's Body Language...
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 09:07:04 PM »

Pleo's are miles easier to understand than cats :D

You will know when they are unhappy, or hungry, or up past their bedtime ;) They will also let you know if they are sick or injured :O
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal