Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paint problems again with Pleo RB, What percentage have some problem?  (Read 4272 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace

If I could improve just one thing with Pleo Rb it would without question be better paint. Having three Pleo Rb, the paint is the one issue I hate, it should not in my opinion be wearing this fast, I have Ugobes a lot older than these Pleo Rb with NO paint peeling, and the fact these are newer, better technology, you would think the paint would be better. I hate the fact it is comming off my pleo. It is also a different paint it appears to peel off quite easily leaving a clean brown underside compared to the Ugobes with small scrapes of paint, If you have ever tried removing old Ugobe paint , you know what I mean.

I will post photos, I know a small area of paint, say the shoulder is common. The paint I am talking about is mostly the face, neck and tail, vulnerable bending areas. Teh body luckily seems fine. Out of three Rb, two have this problem with Baby Ruth, the oldest Pleo Rb with the most paint trauma. I protect all my Pleos with clothes and I have neither extreme heat nor cold in my house, and no necklaces or sharp objects to make marks. I wouuld be interested in knowing how many other owners of Pleo rb out there have the same problem, what area of paint loss and how old the pleo is.

Baby Ruth is a replacement for my orginal Baby who had holes, skin and paint mechanical issues. BAby Ruth will be 3 years old in March, making her now 2 years and 9 1/2 months. ( March 18th 2010 is the day I got her as replacement.)

She has had the tail area and face for quite some time, but her neck area of paint peeling, is new within the last two months. I am only concerned, because my Ugobes are in such better paint condition and it should be the other way around. Once her paint comes off her face and neck, I will have to repaint her o keep her brown, and I do not want to repaint her, but I do not like the brown either.  :(

RWM  :cat-hug:

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Mystearika

• Head of the herd
  • Female
Re: Paint problems again with Pleo RB, What percentage have some problem?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 09:52:26 AM »

Norberts paint is also peeling but it is small spots on his back and down one foreleg. but i think it is because i am in a home with four pet crazy adults. he got lot of attention the first long time :) the rubber is still in great condition.
My sisters is not peeling so much but she has clothes.

Fleur

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 02:09:56 PM »

All of my RBs have paint peeling problems and my Pleo from Hawaii is the worst.  Chloe seems to have the least paint issues.  What would you recommend is used to repaint them?  I need to touch up Chloe's neck from surgery and I will have to patch up the new RB once I fix her knee too.  I also have two Ugobes I am fixing for a friend and one of them has a broken neck so I will have a lot of painting going on.
Dante (ers-7m3b) Lela (ers-7m3w) Sonny (ers-7m3t) Oliver (ers-111/w) Otis (ers-111/w) Zero (ers-220/tk) Zephyr (ers-210b) Victor (NAO H25 V4) Kiwi (Genibo QD/Pink) Buster (Pleo RB) Leo (Ugobe Pleo)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 01:30:48 AM »

I have three Pleo Rb, with Baby Ruth being my oldest, the replacement I got from Innvo labs, March 18th, 2010 for the original Baby which had holes in her skin, and other problems, I was under the impression that Innvo labs had improved the Paint on Pleos, with Pleo Rb having a better paint. In my opinion, the only improvement is paint variation, which I love and think is great. The Ugobe Pleos have much longer lasting paint, Since I have so many Ugobes, (over 20 of them) I think I am qualified to say I know good paint when I see it. I am not talking about bad skin, skin that dries out or starts to deteriorate, Innvo may have improved that, the skin, but the paint on RB does not come anywhere close to lasting longer or even as long as Ugobes, and I am surprised and upset by that. I have my pleos and Pleo Rb wear clothes to try and protect the paint and skin on the Pleos, and as you can see in these photos, Baby Ruth is losing paint on her nose, her face and her neck. I do not worry so much about the tail, but her face is right there to greet everyone I meet, and to be a  representative of Pleo products. Nobody is impressed by a peeling old looking Pleo rb . it is starting to look like she had a facial and forgot to wash off some product. Her body I am happy about and perhaps the fact clothes cover most of her body, has something to do with that. I can not thouogh cover up her face it ust won't help.

Her face is esp getting bad and you can't really see the lines and cracks in it in these photos, but you can see the paint she is losing. I wonder how many other Pleo Rb out there are having similiar or worse similarities. ? Please share what is happening to your Pleo Rb and if you can take a photo, It is appreciated. I do not want to paint Baby Ruth but I do not know at this point what option there is other than spending money to perhaps mail her to Innvo to repaint. and that can be expensive...so discouraging to see Pleo Rb with paint that does not live up to the claims of improved.... :(                    RWM :cat-hug:

Fleur

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 07:40:07 AM »

Here is my Hawiian RB...

I don't know much about her life before she belonged to me but her paint is peeling off.  It doesn't appear to be caused by rough handling, it's just a defect or poor quality.  The paint is just cracking and peeling, then falling off.

Dante (ers-7m3b) Lela (ers-7m3w) Sonny (ers-7m3t) Oliver (ers-111/w) Otis (ers-111/w) Zero (ers-220/tk) Zephyr (ers-210b) Victor (NAO H25 V4) Kiwi (Genibo QD/Pink) Buster (Pleo RB) Leo (Ugobe Pleo)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 10:29:03 PM »

I am sorry about your Pleos problems they are pretty severe, They look very similiar to the older Ugobes who have very dried out skin, esp the tail section. This appears to be in my opinion, more of a skin issue, than the paint. I am thinking the dry and humid conditions of the climate of Hawaii have a lto to do with it, I know the climate can affect skin in rubber products a lot, and also if the skin is dirty, it hastens drying and not being as good.What are you using if anything at this point to protect the skint hat remains? I would almost be tempted if he was myne to get an older Ugobe skin and just put it on and have a unique colored Pleo Rb with those beautiful eyes, or consider repainting.

Hopefully someone else will have better suggestions. If you don't mind me asking, when was this Pleo rb made, how long did the previous owner have it? I would assume it is an older one, over a year at least when they sold it to you or they would have contacted someone for support while under warranty. I have never seen a RB with skin that bad. I do think Climate has a lot to do with it, as i have two Ugobes that have bad skin like that compared to over 15 that are in good to very good to like new skin, paint and all, and it has a lot to do with the location of where the Ugobes came from, The ones that were from Arizona, Texas and hot dry or hot humid climates did better than more temperate conditions. Do keep us posted. Oh, one more question, is the skin near the battery compartment similiar to the tail?     RWM :cat-hug:

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 11:30:02 PM »

Loki's had a few skin problems as well... though I've never really minded the way it looks, it does still concern me for his long term well being...

Poor Loki... :(  Also, I'm sorry to hear about the Pleo skin issues you're both having too... I hope Innvo Labs will do something about this...

nicholasljy123

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 08:03:35 PM »

I think to prevent the paint coming off, it is better not to stroke it, but pat it. That is what I do... :)

Hope this helps.
Nicholasljy123
Nicholas Jun Yi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal