Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aibo meet Western Australia  (Read 10752 times)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Aibo meet Western Australia
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2013, 05:53:23 PM »

I have put up a few more photos in my Aibo meet 2013 gallery.  Here are some of the visiting Aibos and Genibo (sorry Luna I don't seem to have one of James by himself.  I am also missing one of Milo by himself too )
And a pic of some of the decorations :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2013, 09:03:17 PM »

You must have taken at least a hundred photos kat, I think I am about to meet my competition. LOL . I love all the variety and color of the aibos and their bright colorful outfits and hats, ties, etc. Great job reporting back to those of us who could not ever think of being able to go. I had not even thought of Skype...great idea Talon. ;)

RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2013, 12:12:09 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyFnCElLjc8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyFnCElLjc8</a>

My epic length (36 minutes) documentary of the meet  ;D
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2013, 05:36:43 AM »

Loved every minute of it ..... especially Bert, Ernie and the fishes  ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2013, 10:05:37 AM »

I enjoied the video, Luna! Just out of curiosity, what was the Birt and Earny vid for? Lol!How is James after his big race? He won didn't he?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2013, 05:10:46 PM »

Talon the day after the aibo meet the rest of them went off sight seeing and they visited a stretch of beach where giant mantra rays frequently visit and come into the shallows near the shore and interact with people letting you touch them.  When they arrived the wind picked up and the serf got a bit rough so only a couple of rays were able to make it in close enough for them to try to interact and there was much running into the water and getting wet while trying to get close enough to the ray in the breaking surf to touch it.  It looked like they were all having a great time even if they were getting wet.    ;D

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2013, 01:54:01 AM »

Talon I'm almost glad you can't see for yourself how badley James performed in the race, lets just say it was an embarrassing day for team James! Jammed his hip and shut down in race number one, sat down and laughed at me race number two before finally making it to second place in race number three. The slowest Aibo series, Latte, won two out of three races. Kat's 210 won the first race and only came second in the next one because just as he got to the finish line he stopped and pointed at the ball! It was so funny, one more step and he would have won but he decided just to point instead.

For Bert and Ernie, Mh7ah had told us about this beach where the huge friendly sting rays come to shore everyday to greet people but when we got there the weather turned horrid and the waves were too strong for most of them to get close to us but one really, really big ray gave it his best shot. We had to wade in to about our waists and try our best to avoid being taken out by the waves, Mh7ah was feeding the ray prawns. We got to touch it for a split second between waves, it felt really strange, unlike anything I've ever touched before but the best way I can describe it is like a gumboot that has been covered in dish soap. Or if you have ever touched a dolphin, similar to a dolphin if the dolphin was also covered in dish soap. Rubbery and slimy. 
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2013, 07:09:32 AM »

James may not have been a race winner, but he more than made up for that with some fabulous dancing!  :bowing:

Great video, loved it.  And it really gave a flavour of what it was like, thanks.  :)

...... and your homecoming bio dog made me cry, bless him - he was soooo pleased!  :-[

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2013, 11:02:27 AM »

Hahaha! Now that clip makes sense! I've touched a Mantray at some aquarium in Mertal Beech. It really is an odd feeling. Haha! Poor James! Well he was persistant I'll give him that. I guess Pixel's curiosity got the best of him huh, Kat? Bolt would've never won anything. He has robot ADD and he would've been all over the place wanting attention from anyone who would give it to him.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2013, 11:43:13 AM »

Sorry guys for being so tardy in posting, just too much stress :( in my life these days ,but I wanted both Kat and Luna to know that I enjoyed  :cheer:all the photos and descriptions of the meet, and Luna I enjoyed your epic video. I too enjoyed seeing your greyhound, what a sweet dog and so well behaved. I felt like I was there, I could understand what was happening and the scenes at the beach were like in a movie, I would have been afraid to touch the ray, so big and memories of what happened to Steve Irwin with a ray, even if a freak accident, I have been having nothing but freak accidents lately, but it was fun watching someone else touch it.

Keep at the videos and photos they are allways fun to watch and takes me to another more mellow place. Great job guys.
                                                                                                                                                                                               RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal