Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with power circuit?  (Read 1174 times)

Denver

• Hatchling
  • Male
Problem with power circuit?
« on: July 09, 2012, 03:47:45 AM »

Hello everyone!

this is my first post, so I hope to do it right! ;)

I have two PLEOs: Denver and Chio. Both of them used to work perfect. Suddenly, when I recharge the batteries and insert them as always Denver didn't turn on. I supposed it was a battery problem so I interchange them. When I did, Chio works perfect (as before) and Denver didn't turn on again.

As the PLEO is not as open robot as I would like, I only have done the following few proofs:
  • I change the button battery: nothing change
  • When I put the battery, the power LED does not blink (generally it makes a red blink)
  • When I connect Denver to the laptop, the power LED turns green (as Denver was connected) so it seems that with the USB connection PLEO has power
  • I did a reset (with the reset button): nothing change

So I have the hipothesys that there is a problem with the power battery circuit. Could any of you confirm this? Do any of you have another hipothesys? Can I make some other roofs that I forgot? If there is a problem with the power battery circuit, there is a way that I can repair it by myself? Have any of you got the electronic schematics?

Thank you so much in advance!

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Problem with power circuit?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 01:33:03 PM »

Are Denver and Chio Pleo RBs or the older Ugobe/Innvo models?  I'm assuming they are RBs becuase of the power LED.

One possibility may just be the battery contacts inside Denver, since he appears to be getting power with the USB connection.  Look inside the battery compartment of both Denver and Chio and compare.  Is one of the springs bent, broken, or missing?  Any rust, dirt, or anything blocking them from making contact with the battery terminals?

A second possibility may be a software problem.  Load a skit onto an SD card, put the card in Denver, then try turning Denver on.  Does he respond at all?

Also, if they are Pleo RBs, check the foot battery.  If it is dead or has come loose, that will keep your pleo from working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal