Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sparky's clicking leg stopped but can't walk  (Read 2926 times)

Chicago

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
Sparky's clicking leg stopped but can't walk
« on: June 28, 2012, 08:29:37 PM »

Sparky got an electronic fix.  It went from Degers to Kat to us to Sparky.  It made her leg stop the constant stomping and clicking.  Now it’s as stiff and solid as a tree trunk.  And since her leg was not constantly moving she was able to eat.  :)   She ate for a long time and had some mushroom too.  Then she wanted to walk.  She is, after all, high Physical.  But she couldn’t walk with one leg that wouldn’t move.  She got upset and started to cry.  :(   It was heart breaking.   :'( :(  My husband distracted her with some petting and gentle tossing about which made her giggle.  Then her battery ran out.

Earlier I was actually able to help her take a couple of steps by moving that leg for her.  We are going to try to make that leg slippery so that maybe it will just slide along.  First we'll try one of the booties that Kat gave her.  And put her on the wooden floor. 

Here's a video of what happens when she tries to walk.  Her right front foot is the stiff one.  Around one minute in you see her put her head slightly down and be still in that position they take  before walking.  Viewer discretion advised.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwPfuM2nuJc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwPfuM2nuJc</a>

Chicago

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
Re: Sparky's clicking leg stopped but can't walk
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 04:40:18 PM »

It worked !!   ;D  We put the bootie on her leg and now she can walk.  That leg just slides along.  It's hard to see the bootie in the video.  It's on her right front foot.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLCa8ULhGp8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLCa8ULhGp8</a>

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 05:22:43 PM »

Yay!  ;D I'm so glad it worked :) 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 11:54:45 PM »

Go Sparky go :) I guess you could also try some training wheels 8)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
  • To err is human, to "huh?"is Pleo.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 06:30:14 AM »

That is really rather endearing.A sort of soft shoe shuffle..... Sparky is one plucky Pleo!  :sheep1:

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 08:09:56 AM »

Glad I could help  :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 04:26:33 PM »

so glad you could help Sparky, Leg or not I think she is adorable and who cares if the leg is sort of a shuffle, I think she is special! Great job Kat and with the help of degers. I hope I have as much luck when I work on Baby Ruth. All this video of  other Pleos with problems is giving me the courage I need, I have been busy last two weeks with poor Karl Kat, :cat: but now  I have some Pleo time, at long last! :) Great j ob everyone.

RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal