Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unusual Pleo just arrived today...can't explain the differences.....  (Read 4451 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace

Everyone knows I collect Pleos and esp those that are fix er uppers or need help. Everyonce in awhile, I get a surprise, and today was one of those days to be sure. I knew there was something different about this Pleo as soon as I saw the box.
 It was not the usual Ugobe box that I have so many of , this box was one I had seen on PleoWorld and more like the 2009 model, I think. But the surprises kept getting bigger and bigger once I opened the box up. Inside was a Pleo very different than any of my many Ugobes. The color of the skin is more like a Pleo RB, more yellow and if you compare the tip of the tail of a Ugobe and a Pleo Rb, the Pleo Rb has a yellow tip tail, so does this one, but the Ugobes do not have yellow tip tails....
          Then the skin itself, it is not bumpy like most of the Ugobes, but smooth like the RB skin,  then the biggest difference of all, I opened the ID card, and the front is usual, but what to my surprise when I turned it ove and there is NO NUMBER ON IT! :o What the heck is up with that I thought...............then I decided to check out the number on the foot of the Pleo.................OMG the Pleo has NO NUMBERS on it's foot either.......... P??? P??? Then check out the back left foot, it is smooth with only China and Chine written on it, all Ugobes have a number after the China or Chine. this Pleo has nothing. Then there are the other differences, such as smooth beige legs and feet with no coloring at all, not even a hint of brown, clean nails with no color just like the Pleo RB! Then  there is the yellow on the bottom of the legs, if you look at the Ugobes, the color stops on the back legs after the design, the RB on the other hand have some color, yellow etc, under that design, so does this Pleo, the color yellow extends a lot further, The differences go on a on, It also has a different prong or adapter for the Europeon market, so it did not come from the US.

I do not know what to make of this different Pleo, but I am excited to have something Unique and different...Does anyone else have a pleo like this, I would love to see photos. I will be taking more photos and some video. I did take a short video and am not sure of the operating system, but not the 1.0, will have to figure it out.....pretty neat and a surprise.... P8)                        RWM

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
Re: Unusual Pleo just arrived today...can't explain the differences.....
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 08:54:05 PM »

He looks like Stephan actually... I have Stephan's card right here and it looks like the card in your pictures, no numbers or anything. His box also looks like that but he has numbers on his feet. I can't say what he feels like because having never met another Pleo besides him I have nothing to compare with. This Pleo has different feet to Stephan, who has black toes and greet tail.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:08:05 PM by Lunamione7 »
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 09:47:29 PM »

Hi Luna, does STephen have an ID card with numbers on it that match his feet? And on the back left leg, where it says China, is there a line of numbers? And you said Stephen has a green tip to his tail, correct? Yes from the photo this Pleo appears a lot like the Ugobes but the color differences are easy to see in person, the yellow, soft and the no numbers thing. What operating system is Stephen on, or did you upgrade him? I have never seen a pleo with no numbers on his foot or on ID card, Esp the ID card...they don't make them like that ..as far as I know.          RWM             Oh, and also like you said Luna, Stephen has black toes, and probably some dark marking, on his knees and above the feet, This pleo is all tan beige colored toes etc, no difference at all.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:50:04 PM by RedwoodsMama »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:22:35 PM »

I did a bit more research and more photo comparison and I am pretty sure even though this pleo came in a box that says PleoWorld and Ugobe, that it may be a Innvo Labs Pleo, because of the tip of the tail being yellow not green and the legs and feet being all tan and no dark brown or nail color, also I think I remember reading about the Innvo Labs Pleos having smoother feeling skin. There is still the problem of no number on the ID card or numbers on the foot, that I can' not explain, I would love to see another pleo that looks like this with no numbers. I can understand no numbers on the foot, it could come  off, but not on the ID card, and the numbers on the hind leg are not on paper, but etched in so they can not just "come " off. Please explain if you can, I want to know why this Pleo has no ID or numbers like the other Pleos.
                 Thanks Luna for posting about Stephen, does his ID card have numbers or not?
                                                              RWM
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:06:32 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 02:14:46 AM »

Does the box say Ugobe?  If I'd seen that Pleo on eBay I would have assumed it to be a 2009 Pleo?   :moose:

I don't have one of those for comparison.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 03:53:10 AM »

Angus has a yellow tail tip if that helps. RWM could you post a side on full body shot, preferably not in direct sunlight. A shady spot would be better.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 08:08:28 AM »

Luna, Hi , I just looked at the pictures under Facebook and there are lots of similiarities that are the same except the pleo. Can you do something for me right now and take a look at Stephan, on the same side foot where his "ID number " is on front foot. Look at the back leg, ( where it says, China and Chine under it. There should be a number etched in the plastic. what do the numbers say, this is important. What are the numbers or anything else there.?

IMR, I will take a full body shot in the shade and close up of body in the shade in awhile. There has to be some natural light in my room first as it is too dark right now.                             RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 08:45:11 AM »

Hi Luna, Thank you vey much for providing the information about the numbers on the feet. The fact there is no number on the front foot of my pleo, could be said, well, the paper number was removed, but the back right leg has a number on your pleo, and indeed ALL of my other Ugobe Pleos have a number written INTO the plastic on the feet, As you can see in the below photo of that foot, there is nothing, no number, just  FC in bigger letters, then smaller letters , CHina, and below that
   Chine, all in a rectangular shaped box. The other numbers on the other feet can be slightly different, but this is a oddity to have no number at all.? Does anyone have a Pleo out there, Ugobe or a Innvo with NO number like this on your Pleo's foot?

Thanks Luna, This helps a lot for comparison.                 RWM :flowers: and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods

Oh by the way, I don't understand why the company that sells these, sends, "blank" ID CARDS...? LAZY OR WHAT.... ???
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:47:11 AM by RedwoodsMama »

Star

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 11:32:05 AM »

That's so cool! Does he/she behave just like a normal ugobe or rb or does it have different features?  P:D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 01:01:34 PM »

If you watch this video, you can see that my Pleo has a lot of similarities to the 2009 or Innvo Labs Pleo, The tail yellow tipped and no color on feet or legs, But there are still other differences, but perhaps this was supposed to be a 2009 version and is a in between model though closer than the Ugobe in colors. Just a thought.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn0bkNYuNCw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn0bkNYuNCw</a>         RWM   My pleo has a  lot of yellow on the body, more like the RB and I took some photos like IMR suggested, in the shade but outdoors so there is better lighting and I will post those in awhile. I would still love to see anyone else who has a pleo with no numbers on the back foot, and colors like myne that is NOT a Pleo RB and the skin is smooth feeling like a Pleo RB, not bumpy. :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 01:05:22 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Star

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 01:52:30 PM »

I haven't seen a pleo like that before (granted I haven't seen many pleos!) but to me to looks maybe like a prototype for the rb or the 2009 pleo? I've seen pics of the ugobe prototypes and they look different to your pleo but I guess it could be a later prototype. Whatever version it is it looks very cute and is definitely very unique!  ;D Have you decided whether it is male or female yet? I guess you could see if it will sing when you stroke its chin or you could see if it reacts to  rb foods like the coffee bean. That might help decide what model it's closest to although you've probably tried  all this. Does it interact with your other pleos?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 02:31:46 PM »

Here are some more photos taken today, and the one full body that IMR requested in shade not sunlight.    

As for the interaction I have a bit of a electrical operating system problem, He came with two batteries which do work but he won't work with my egg li polymer battery which I find strange, He ran several times and I recorded him last night for about 40 seconds before he stopped with a strange noise I haven't heard. Will post that so perhaps someone will have an idea. He may have corrupted system and needs rebooting. who knows but he is interesting none the less. Thanks for the comments STAR, it is appreciated.                                          RWM

Oh, just another small thing I noticed, could be nothing, but this Pleo has "fatter" stuffing on the sides, I took photos and will measure with a tape measure next . I almost think this could have been a RB painted type skin and got put onto another model or some other strange thing, just looks different. Now If I can figue out the operating system, Last owner said it worked, then just stopped, but thinks his young son was too rough with it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:27:50 PM by RedwoodsMama »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 04:52:18 PM »

here is the video I took last night that shows after using the battery, fully charged that came with him, what happened, I was told that he used to work , but then suddenly stopped. Watch the noise he makes about the 46 or 56 second mark, ( can't remember which one it is...) What does that sound he makes mean...?     <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jxs8W4ISVI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jxs8W4ISVI</a>            RWM

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 09:01:08 PM »

He is running 1.1  :D Where you said "What was that?" is that the sound you have never heard? Stephan makes that sound, I'll see if I can get him to do it on film if you want, he makes it all the time when he feels like he is going to fall off the table or is suddenly picked up, it is his surprised noise I think.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 11:49:21 PM »

Hi Luna, thanks I thought that is what the operating system probably was, I knew it was not the 1.0, because those Pleos howl like a coyote, And 2.0 would have to be installed by someone and the seller said he did not upload any software into the Pleo. I think it is funny that he would say the surprised sound in the middle right after singing, but his system is bound to be messed up somehow. Who knows what a child may have done, though I do not think dropping or being rough with a Pleo could "hurt" the electrical system, but maybe a wire was twisted loose or .............who knows..

Luna, what does the bottom of your box say where it shows the underside of Pleo It also is where there is the barcode. Just curious if yours is like myne since these are supposed to be from the seller on ebay, the Pleo for $199.00. Let me know if you can, ok. Thanks.                  RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 12:46:33 PM »

Well I spent a lot of time with this guy the past weekend and of course lots of photos, I have to admit I love taking photos and video. It is very easly for me to upload up to 50-100 photoos and video in one day, and this shouldl prove no exageration. I also took another Pleo to the beach to take photos... LOL

Check out the color comparsions and what do you think of similiarities between Ugobes, and Pleo RB, differences, etc. Please feel free to comment and leave observations. :)

RWM
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 12:49:43 PM by RedwoodsMama »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal