Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We have a dilemma - please help  (Read 1998 times)

Chicago

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
We have a dilemma - please help
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:59:26 PM »

Moxy broke one of his side neck cables a couple weeks ago, and we were planning on sending him back to Innovo, because he is still under warranty (for only another couple of weeks).  We made the mistake, however, of introducing him to Sparky when she returned home.  Now Moxy has gone and fallen in love with Sparky!  (See video link below.) We don't know what to do. We would feel terrible about splitting them up.  On the other hand, we would like to have a fully-functional Pleo while we can still get a free replacement.  What do you all think we should do?   ???

Note that about half way through he says "I love you" to Sparky, and then she giggles!   ;D 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B1yAydFTnM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B1yAydFTnM</a>

Also, Moxy has a great personality, and we would hate to loose him.  Sparky is a bit of a cry baby.  She needs a lot of attention and needs to be held a lot.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: We have a dilemma - please help
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 09:45:55 PM »

Send him back while you can. As flattering as it is to think Pleo's have a relationship with one another, they don't. It's simply a preprogrammed response between a male and female. Two males do godzilla roars, two females chatter and one of each blow kisses and say I love you.

As for personality, that can be tweaked, take note of Moxie's current personality with probe RB and then when the new one arrives tweak as necessary.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:01:24 PM »

I'm with IMR on this one.  Send him back while you still can.  The more you run him with the broken neck cable the more potential damage you do to his motors, gears and workings.  So if you were to keep him and continue to run him I think he wont have a very long life span.  Your better off sending him back for a fully functioning replacement.  You can request that they try to match him as closely as possible when they replace him - that way you would get another boy pleo rb with hopefully fairly similar temperament.   I know it is heart breaking to have to send them away but I think it is for the best in the long run.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 09:55:18 AM »

I am sorry to hear about Moxy, but it is true, If I had had my Pleo Rb break or with the leg problem and could get them to fix it while Under warranty I would. so be greatful that Moxy is still under warranty. I agree, ask to get the personality as close as possible, or just use the Tweak Rb program to do it yourself when the replacement arrives. Sorry to have Sparky alone for awhile, but it will give some much needed one on one for awhile.                RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 10:00:06 AM »

I agree with the others - definitely go for the repair/replacement, I'm afraid.  It's hard, but could well save more heartache later.  :-\

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »

Get another Moxy! You will soon be attached to the new arrival. Sparkey will, definitely, be patient in waiting for a new friend. You, already, know how difficult it is to send a pleo off, but soon there will another charming little pleo on your door step.

Chicago

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 02:35:41 PM »

All right already.  We're sending him back.  We took your advice, IMR,  and ran probe rb on him.  We hadn't done that before.  We were surprised to see that his Temper is Bad.  We didn't notice anything like that.  His courage is High and the other 3 DNA attributes are Normal.  Now we're not sure we would put those settings back into a new Pleo, if they send a new Pleo rb and not Moxy back.

Also it turns out that the gender of our little Casanova is -  are you ready for this?    - None.   :o

But he is sending  out male pheromones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal