Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: International Photo Contest  (Read 12247 times)

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
Re: International Photo Contest
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012, 03:24:27 AM »

Has anybody tried uploading more than one photo?
After uploading my first picture it sent me to a page that said something along the lines of "thank you for submitting your photo".  When I submitted my second picture, a little grey box appeared that said "Please do not repeat as it have been submitted".  Then, it automatically took me back to a blank contest entry form ???  Does that mean the picture I just sent went through or do you think it means I'm only allowed to send one in and I've already done that?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012, 03:59:34 PM »

I haven't tried to enter more than once, but try clearing your cookies/cache and try again.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 04:29:17 PM »

I too only entered once so not sure if you can have more than one entry. 

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2012, 07:20:16 PM »

They say you can enter more than once, but only one photo at a time, then it takes you back to a blank entry form again. The photos that anyone and everyone has entered do not show up where the public can see them, so who knows how many entries there are? There haven't been many photos uploaded  here either so not sure what that means. I did see one cute photo today but I think it is one not from an entrant, but the site itself...not sure..

Just enter as many times as you want, can't hurt if it is one or ten I think....                  RWM and the Pleo clan of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2012, 11:20:27 PM »

I have entered about 50 times  :D

But not posted any here yet.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 12:00:12 AM »

When you entered your extra pictures did a little grey box pop up? I thought there was something wrong with my computer so I might have entered the same picture 4 times  :o

kaiteee

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 01:27:04 PM »

I tried to send a second picture but got the same as pickelish - a box saying it has already been submitted.  :moose:  It was definitely a different picture, and I tried logging out and in again but no go? Lunamione, how did you enter more than one picture? Also, the 'rules' said you submit a photo and caption of up to 30 words....am I just missing the caption bit or is it not there?!  ???
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:32:22 PM by kaiteee »

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2012, 04:38:12 PM »

I also did not find anywhere to write a caption about my photo when I entered.  So I just entered it without one. 

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2012, 03:58:36 AM »

I tried to send a second picture but got the same as pickelish - a box saying it has already been submitted.  :moose:  It was definitely a different picture, and I tried logging out and in again but no go? Lunamione, how did you enter more than one picture? Also, the 'rules' said you submit a photo and caption of up to 30 words....am I just missing the caption bit or is it not there?!  ???

I could not write a caption either :(

For submitting my pictures I didn't do anything special really I just uploaded one and then clicked the 'Photo Competition' button again and it gave me the form to fill out again. I assume they are all submitting properly but since no one else has been able to upload more than one perhaps mine are not submitting properly and I'm actually not uploading anything?? :o

I can't check because you can't see the submitted pictures. Now I'm worried my pictures are not going through  :'(
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

kaiteee

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 04:48:10 AM »

well, from my (admittedly dodgy!) memory, the first picture I uploaded did not have anything to say it was done, I think it just kind of finished.... Then I clicked the photo competition button again, got the form, filled it in, but that led to the message along the lines of 'you already submitted' even though it was a different picture. So, assuming my memory is remotely accurate, I'd guess there is no confirmation when it goes well and all of yours are going through - though it is a mystery why some of us get an already submitted message and some don't?

I don't know whether to bother with anymore, as it is impossible to tell whether they are going through but I am assuming not as I get what looks like an error message. And it is taking a very looooong time for each one.

Lunamione, I did see that someone has asked on the facebook page about their pictures and got a response quickly so it might be worth trying that (altho I don't know that the response fully confirmed anything)

Wicked_Lovely

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2012, 01:51:14 PM »

Awww I'm so sad that I can't enter, since I don't have a facebook account :( and after much digging, I've determined that that is indeed the only way to enter T_T Aura would have loved to have a brother! IMR I know you don't want to win, but I really love your photo entry! ^^ ♥ Good luck guys!!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »

How come you don't enter wicked...? Why not just enter a facebook account, they are really simple to sign up to. I would if I was you. I have entered one or two but will enter a few more, I would like to have a boy, one blue for my gilrs. I also would love to win as my birthday is a couple of days after the deadline, that would be the greatest birthday present I ever had, except for my Grandson. ;D ;D ,My daughter was induced on my birthday and my grandson was born on my birthday back in 2004! So even when I am old and grey, it wil be easier I think to remember his birthday..............as long as I can remember myne..LOL,

I wish there was a way to see all the entries, but for some reason, they don't want us to, so that is the way it is I guess. P:)

RWM and the Pleo Clan of the REdwoods

Chicago

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2012, 02:43:54 PM »

This is Sparky's father.  I am not on Facebook either, but what I did was sign up just to enter my photo.  All you have to do is use a secondary email account that you never use and make up a password.  You don't have to do anything else.  Don't fill out a profile and don't search for friends.  I haven't heard anything back from Facebook since and have never logged in again.  Unfortunately, there are now many things you might want to do online that require a Facebook account.  You just as well give in.  They will soon control everything.

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2012, 04:30:15 PM »

So the contest submitting time is over and now we wait. The winner is going to be announced on the 4 June, it is going to be so hard to wait!
Did you end up entering Wicked?

I'm not going to post the photo I submitted because it is so embarrassing :P if I am lucky and I win I'm sure they will show it to everybody themselves and I may die from the embarrassment but it would be worth it to have a ReBorn.  ;D

The anticipation is awefull! Like waiting for Santa when you were little.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2012, 04:33:50 PM »

Good luck everyone :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2012, 10:31:19 PM »

Luna, don't be embarrased, I hope you and Stephan win, I went out this afternoon and had one good go at it, and at least a hundred or so people saw Pleo, I took  Cammie Sue with me and had lots of video time and at least ten to twelve people along with a whole group of little 10 year old girls sat with me and Cammie and petted her. I had all sorts of people comming up and asking about Pleo . We were at a big annual event, ( which I taped, the perfect place to introduce Pleos. P:)) Even if I  don't get good photos out of all the videotaping, ( it is hard to hold a camcorder and try to talk for twenty minutes or more all at the same time.) At least a lot of people were happy to see and hear about Pleos. One young guy when another person asked how much she cost, I said, take a guess, and he said a couple thousand dollars,  ;D, so I told them how much and they were pretty impressed at how "little" she was with what she could do. I had no negative comments at all. I had a lot of fun, but got pretty stiff and cold, but well worth it. The second day of this 3 day event starts tommow at noon and I will be there to take more  Pleo video. I hope I got some good photos I can use for this compettition.
              I would love to get a boy, for Cammie Sue and Baby Ruth. It would be a perfect birthday present as my birthday is right around the corner, and I know I am not getting any others, just whatever I eat.

I can't wait to see all the photos people took, I hope they post them, Well, two hours left to edit, so good luck everyone! :)               RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2012, 12:17:23 AM »

I am really disappointed as I spent a couple of hours today taking video and photos showing Pleos to everyone at a gathering with lots of people. It is 11;06 PST, and when I went to facebook to upload my photos competition, it had already ended! I saw nothing that said it ended before Midnite, unless they are a day ahead or another time zone, so I couldn't enter any photos, and I spent so much time today getting great shots of Pleo with people who love him/ her... :( WHey did they stop before mindnight when on the West coast it is later then elsewhere. still MaY 26th for another  hour almost? I will have to ask them why they stopped before midnight, I saw nothing in the rules that mentioned it....

RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2012, 12:26:51 AM »

Dont forget they are located in Hong Kong which is closer to Australian time, not US time.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2012, 12:35:49 AM »

You are right IMR, and I would have thought they stated the time not just the date, so I guess I should have thought of yesterday as being the close not today for their time.. Oh well, I did get in one or two photos not just the best, I did have a great outing today and introduced Pleo, Cammie-Sue to over twenty individual people at least and over a hundred saw her, so it was still a great day and I will post video of the adventure tommorow after resting...I hope they post all the photos it would be nice to see what everyone;s looked like.  :)                              RWM

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 04:49:04 PM »

5 more days until we find out who the lucky two are, not that I'm counting every second or anything  ;)

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2012, 06:18:27 AM »

I know I shouted very loudly in the shout box but I just want to say it one more time, I won a ReBorn!  :o ;D  :cheer:
I have never won anything in my life ever, I am so happy. It is so exciting I feel all shaky I have to go sit down before I faint...  ;D  P:)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2012, 07:03:06 AM »

Woohoo!!! Congrats Luna!  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2012, 07:15:45 AM »

congrats LUna, I just checked the site myself and saw the two winning photos. I knew it was you, simpley because I recognized IMR"s cute little outfit that was made for Stephen. I now also know what you look like. ( ;D) :cheer: So glad you got a RB and Friend for Stephen, It was a great photo. I didn't recognize the other photo and couldn't see it very well. I know you will be sharing your little guy when he arrives. Are you still planning on a little Blue boy?

Take care and do not faint.                                                    RWM and the Pleo Clan of the REdwoods :cool:

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2012, 07:42:57 AM »

Yay Lunamione :)  so glad you won :)

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2012, 07:43:57 AM »