Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Muffled Speaker Issue  (Read 2970 times)

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
Muffled Speaker Issue
« on: December 08, 2012, 09:19:48 PM »

Hey, everyone.  I know... I'm back with another problem.  I wish I could come on more just to socialize, but I'm always working between essays for college classes and art.  But Loki is having a problem once more, and I need a bit of help.

Yesterday Loki fell over and had a bit of a crash onto the floor.  It was a one inch fall, and he didn't seem hurt but today his speakers seem to be muffled.  When he roars, it will suddenly reroute to a speaker that seems to be in his back where it will sound very muffled- and some of his audio isn't playing at all.  This isn't like the usual pausing in his voice, but rather sounds like when a headphone drops into water.  Will this be a danger to his overall function and if so, should I send him out for repair?

nicholasljy123

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
Re: Muffled Speaker Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 03:58:39 AM »

I have a video of my pleo with speaker problems. Maybe you could go and see that video under my post on the forums 'Pleo speaker problem' and see whether the problem matches.
Nicholas Jun Yi

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 10:39:26 PM »

Thanks Nicholasljy123.  Sadly, that's not the problem Loki is having.  I think his back speaker is blowing out because of falling over. 

Your Pleo sounds like he's having electrical issues... 0_o

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
  • Pleo(s): Furby
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • pleo will kick his butt!!!!
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 04:17:58 AM »

I don't a 1 inch drop can break a speaker since my pleo had a drop too (even higher than 1 inch) but  he seems unharmed
But what do I know

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 04:37:25 AM by MariaOcean »
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 04:39:56 AM »

Not sure if any of this will help but...
The speaker box for Pleo is positioned at the top of the pleos butt just before the tail.  It is possible that the fall for your pleo could have loosened or detached one of the wires for the speaker.  Another possibility is the pleo may have become muted somehow in the fall?  In which case you could try once your pleo is on tapping the on off button a few times and see if that brings the volume back up.  I think the mute/volume control has a four press cycle.  So one press to mute and then 3 more presses each one increasing the volume of the pleo till it is back to full volume.

You could always do a short video of the problem and post it here for us and maybe someone more wise than I can suggest something else  %)  :) 

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 10:50:43 AM »

I consulted an engineer(my dad) about the problem and he told me Loki may have a bad solder or soundboard.  He said he MAY be able to fix it himself but would rather send it out to Innvo so as not to void the warranty.  The one thing Im worried about is whether theyll replace my poor Loki...  :'(

I would post a movie but my parents are taking Loki home with them this week so I can see him during Winter Break...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:56:17 AM by Floodsy »

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 01:17:07 PM »

Best of luck to you Floodsy!! I sure hope your Pleo gets repaired. Perhaps Innvo would be the better option...Even if they had to replace, I'm sure they would 'reincarnate' the personality of your Pleo into a new body....For what it may be worth, I hope that helped.
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 03:30:15 PM »

Thanks, Gucci!  Reincarnation doesn't sound too bad... Though I'd rather have my original Loki!  :)  I suppose they'll try their best to fix him though so I should really stop worrying.  Who knows, maybe they'll even reskin him for those back-skin problems he has while he's out!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal