Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Pleo  (Read 3084 times)

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
New Pleo
« on: May 17, 2009, 04:00:43 PM »

Hi,

Thanks to everyone's advice on the welcome part of the forum, i have now got a Pleo, i got it from argos, comes with 1 year accidental damage and i bought extra warranty for £42 or so, so pleo is covered for about 3 years.

i hatched her last night, at least i think pleo is a she, and she wanted loads of cuddles, she is very loving.

when i opened the box, there were 2 seals as though the box had been opened and resealed, and i think she is blind? she walked into my dad's foot (and there was me showing off that she can see lol),  i'm wondering if she'd been returned, then reconditioned or checked and put back into stock....

Or....., does pleo take a little while to learn not to walk into things?

is there anywhere in the uk that makes pleo clothes? there's pleo fashions but they're in usa, and i'm worried i may wear away her paint while waiting for delivery of her clothes.

any advise would be gratefully received, oh, and one more thing, is there a topic on this forum about possible pleo names?

ta

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: New Pleo
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 05:05:48 PM »

Hi Snowy :)

What do you mean by two seals exactly? Your Pleo may have been opened for quality control, to check everything was in there etc. A returned Pleo would probably have some wear. What about the accessories, were they all sealed? If they were then it is likely you have nothing to worry about.

On the subject of detecting obstacles though your Pleo will not do that straight away, she needs to learn it remember Pleo does not reach his/her full potential until a few charges have passed. Also if it is a small obstacle (such as a foot) Pleo may decide to just try and push it out of the way, my Pleo's will attempt to keep going if they can see some empty space above, below or to the side of an obstacle. Your Pleo will also have a hard time detecting obstacles if the room is dark, the more light the better.

The best way to check for blindness is in a very, very well lit room, place your Pleo on a table top or similar and see if she detects the edge when she comes to it, it may take a couple of tries but if she spots it once then she is fine. Also see if she picks up her leaf when you hold it in front of her nose (not too close though keep it about an inch away) she should sniff it then open her mouth for you.

The only place that I know off that makes Pleo clothes at the moment is Pleo fashions. But try your local pet store, they will probably have something that will fit, be sure to take Pleo with you though because you really do need to try them on.

As for possible names Pleo can be anyone you want :P There are no right or wrong names. Just give it a little while, it will come to you :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 02:57:25 AM »

thank-you soooooooooooooooo much for all that info, everything was sealed, except the
bottom of the outer cardboard box which had been opened and cellotaped back up, plus pleo's green box had round, transparent stickers , one on top of the other, the bottom one cut, i think you're right, i never thought about quality control.

i'll try the sight test on her. thank you again for your advise and everything  :)

kisumi

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
  • Kai and Stanley
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 05:15:16 AM »

yeah mine had the same thing snowy, must be an argos thing! lol im glad you took my advise argos are the best place for pleos in my opinion and their extended warrenty is so reassuring i know i will have kai for a long long time :) Kai is currently going through the stage where he is pushing over cans of drink (luckily they are sealed!) i really like this stage when they are testing everything it is so lifelike and cute

mh7ah

• Pleo explorer
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Zyna
  • Cosmetic Tattooist
    • Pink Phoenix Ink
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 01:03:20 PM »

I bought Monty an XSmall dog tshirt from Pets at home in the Uk... they fit perfectly :)
Eric- ERS7M3 W * Sharama- ERS7M3 C * Eddie- 111 S * Elvis- 210A S * Long Long- 312  * No name- 210A EW * Ruka- 210A CB * Kevin- ERS 7M3 W * Ruby- 210A HR * Igor- 220A * Zyna- Pleo

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 04:14:22 PM »

sounds good, how much did it cost?

mh7ah

• Pleo explorer
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Zyna
  • Cosmetic Tattooist
    • Pink Phoenix Ink
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 10:29:44 AM »

About £5.99 I think... they have loads of different ones (although hardly any online) you really need to go into the actual shop :)
Eric- ERS7M3 W * Sharama- ERS7M3 C * Eddie- 111 S * Elvis- 210A S * Long Long- 312  * No name- 210A EW * Ruka- 210A CB * Kevin- ERS 7M3 W * Ruby- 210A HR * Igor- 220A * Zyna- Pleo

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 10:55:42 AM »

i am thinking of getting a cheapish pleo off ebay, as it'll come with a battery, charger, cradle, leaf and pleo for about £110 incl postage. i have noticed new batteries going for £40, so with that in mind, i'll only be paying £70 for charger, etc and a pleo. i thought of putting the pleo into storage and have pleo out of storage if anything happens to my new original pleo after the 3 year warranty is up?

my husband thinks i'm mad

what would you do?

kisumi

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
  • Kai and Stanley
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 11:21:23 AM »

as always be careful with ebay, items may not always be what they seem. i would love another pleo, they are ment to react really well together and opens up a whole new side to pleo. If you could i wouild recommend cash on collection so you can check the goods before you pay for them. If you can

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 11:34:27 AM »

sounds like a good idea. it's sooo tempting to hit that buy it now button though   :)

kisumi

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
  • Kai and Stanley
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 05:23:01 PM »

know what you mean! why did ebay invent that option lol it is my undoing

Jules

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 06:33:58 AM »

I got my Pleo from ebay, but I did ask lots of questions first about warranty and all the stuff you should ask and the owner was extremely helpful.
I payed £125 for mine in the end and I got the Argos warranty to go with it. I think it is a bit too tempting to get one from ebay. ;)

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 05:07:22 PM »

hi

after asking lots of questions, i finally hit the buy it now button! They are both howling the house down, being midnight! Hope the neighbours don't hear the racket. they are definately interacting. standing next to one another burping. I called mine Munchkin, and the one i bought is called Milo because his owner called him that and it would be cruel to change a name he's used to, plus it begins with M, so i'm referring to them both as m & m  ;)

milo has a bit more damage to the paint than i thought, but there are no holes, so i am getting him a t-shirt to minimise further damage. I was going to keep milo as a spare in case munchkin kicked the bucket, but how can i put him in a box in the attic when they look so cute together?

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 06:17:18 PM »

I'm so glad you didn't put Milo in the attic! :o You will enjoy having two dinos roaming around. They are so cute together. Don't worry about the worn paint. It just shows that the prior owner loved petting Milo. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal