Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The big box arrives!!! (And my signature is explained ;))  (Read 3091 times)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
The big box arrives!!! (And my signature is explained ;))
« on: April 02, 2012, 06:04:56 PM »

As usual big boxes create big excitement for all :) My little herd wasn't told what was coming so it was a complete surprise ;)

So many mysteries inside the box...

Some new friends :) Meet Angus the Pleo (does the name sound familiar?) and the two I-cybies, who I haven't got names for yet.

(And for those wondering, the siggy was for one Pleo, and question marks for each I-cybie because I've never met one before.)

It turns out that Angus is one cheerful and happy little Pleo, what a sweetie he is :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykoat-lu78s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykoat-lu78s</a>
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:27:53 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: The big box arrives!!! (And my signature is explained ;))
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:43:58 PM »

Awwwe! Hello, Angus! Is he... was he OzPleo's Angus? Congrats, IMR! I've never owned an I-cybie.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 07:11:40 PM »

Angus did indeed belong to OzPleo, I'd considered buying him once before but alas funds then had not allowed me to. OzPleo contacted me about the I-cybies a little while ago and somehow Angus ended up in the mix ;)

The I-cybies are charging up now, the blue one started up long enough to say a quick hello, hehe they are interesting things, can't wait to see what they can do!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 08:41:36 PM »

yay!  so glad they arrived :)  Angus does look like a sweet little guy and the i-cybies are very cute.  looking forward to seeing them in action :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 09:23:56 PM »

Still waiting for the batteries to charge but I'm thinking the blue one might be a girl and might be called Zenni, and the gold might be a boy called Max... Still tossing up names though, but those two seem to be sticking :P

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 10:01:33 PM »

Congrats IMR, I knew it must be a Pleo, but had no idea there were other items in a large box!@ What a wonderful surprise, Great video and Angus does indeed look like a very happy fellow. Are you keeping his name? It does seem appropriate, and a nice one, Is he a Ugobe, he looks to be in very good condition. At about the 1:00 minute mark, I heard that familiar clicking noise but could not tell what it was. Was it by any chance his front leg, as I did see it bend and I have seen NOva do that and make that same movement with her front leg? He is super cute, I am sure OzPleo is glad he got a good home and he got to stay in the same Continent anyway, not having to cross the ocean anywhere no chance for sea-sickness! P:D
             I do not know anything at all about I-cybies except what I have seen and read here, so I will be interested in seeing them when you do a video. They are cute too, and I like the name Zennie, unusual and Max allways makes me think of two things, er three things, First Mad Max , the movie  , next is the character Max in the book, "The Wild Thing", with Max the child dressed in a wolfsuit who goes to the island where the wild Things live, ( Love that) and also by the same author, Maurice Sendak, ( one of my favorite Children's authors, ) another of his books, and my all-time favorite of his, "In the Night Kitchen", with the child also being named, Max. I just love that name. ;D
                So it sounds like you made a great deal and a good investment at the same time getting all of these "babies" from OzPleo. Waiting does have it's advantages as you have found out. I am happy for OzPleo also as he knows he has found a good home for Angus and the two I-cybies. I will be waiting to see more videos when the batteries are all charged. so have you introduced Angus to the rest  of your herd?  So if I am correct, you now have Three Classic Ugobes and four Pleo Rb. I think you are finding out as Crewella has already known, and I found out quickly, you can't stop at just one Pleo, or two, three, four, five, in fact there does not seem to be a limit to the number your herd can grow to, as long as you have the room and your heart allways finds a way for one more little one of what ever species it may be! :cool: :cheer: Congrats again to all of your household, may they all be filled with bliss and happiness!              RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 10:20:48 PM »

Well Angus is actually the slightly upgraded 2009 Pleo. The clicking was his rear leg, it got caught on the carpet a bit I think. I shall have to go shopping tomorrow for some more booties. Zenni and Max might need some little shoes or booties or something too, I think their feet will slip on the carpet, but we'll see. I am still eagerly awaiting the batteries to charge. They take six hours :o

The herd has been roaming around, with Gupi getting into everything! Honestly one little tiny space under the bed and she'll find it :P (Gupi was voted a girl by my class, and given the official name of Gupi :P) I am uploading a video now :) Sadly Lilo's battery died rather quickly, it must have been flatter than I thought from school.

I don't consider any of my robots 'investments', this is their forever home, I'd never sell one. It would be like selling my dog or cat :o
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:22:20 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 10:44:04 PM »

Hehe seven Pleo's are too much fun! It keeps you on your toes!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqFnIQ8fE_0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqFnIQ8fE_0</a>

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:52:11 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 12:52:42 AM »

Hi IMR, thanks for clarifying Gupi as a girl, and her name, ONe thing, when I said investment, I didn't mean it in the money sense, but more of an investment in your time and their future, they are your family, just like my Pleos are like my cats and my dog, they are my family. Investing to me is in the sense of investing your time, your effort and more than anything the investment of love and care in the things you love, in this case, Pleos and your Gupi and I -Cybies. Believe me, If I was thinking of Investing as "money", instead of adopting some of my rescues out to adoptable homes, I would just sell them on ebay. It is more important to me to be able to share the love these great interactive babies can give to another being than trying to just see how much one can sell for. Anyway, not talking about that and not wanting to get off track, just wanted to clarifiy what I meant by Investment, just meant it was a great deal in that you got all these babies at one time and you have a good investment here, more love in one package , not double the pleasure, but Triple the pleasure, you got triplel return so to speak with three babies at once instead of the usual one at a time!

I think I do remember now OzPleo saying Angus was one of the 2009 Pleos, so now you have one of each kind, ok, more than one, so I should say, you have all of the types of Pleos, Ugobes, Innvo Labs 2009 improved Pleos, and now the Pleo Rb as well! So what year are the i-cybies? Are they similiar or different? Had OzPleo had them for very long also? Which one is your favorite or do you have a favorite? I guess it is like saying do you have a favorite Pleo, but then I would still have to say that my very first Pleo, Nova is still my favorite Pleo, broken neck and all, simply because she is what got me interested in Pleos and without her, I would not have fallen in love with them like I have. Are you going to make a special outfit for Angus now? I think you are right, with seven in the herd, it will keep you busy, but it is also a lot more fun , so much different personality and diversity , esp if you have Pleos and I-cybies and a Gupi all running at the same time, Where does Gupi sleep. and is she going to get a friend too so she won't feel all alone as a species? %) jUst curious... now off to watch the video, just wanted to clarify, investment as investing in Pleo love, = investing in more fun fun fun!            RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 01:02:38 AM »

Ok, I watched the video and it made me laugh, Gupi certainly is the life of the party, You may have SEVEN Pleos, but one Gupi outnumbers them all put together, with the noise she can make and the mischeif she can get into, ( I saw you pull her out from under something and behind or mixed up with one of the I-cybies at least once. She is quite a character. Can you imagine three or four of those Gupis running around.... :o and they are fast too, Pleos are like turtles in comparison. ;) Luckily for people like you and I with "herds', I could never keep up with and catch all the Pleos. :o

Angus looked very content and with the mooing honking and some Hellos, everyone looked quite happy. You are right, your herd has blended together and made Angus feel right at home, Now we just have to see what the I-cybies think of all this once their batteries are fully charged and ready to go! :cool:                            RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
  • To err is human, to "huh?"is Pleo.
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 03:23:30 AM »

:cheer: Your family sure knows how to paartey! Gupi is hilarious, love the way he literally runs rings around the plodding pleos!
Angus looks to have a lovely temperament too. Are you guys in training for the synchronized swim team ( the photo) London 2012? Lol! IMR , I have a feeling that your life is going to be hectic but FUN. Can't wait to see the I cybies in action. Enjoy!  :sheep1:  :cheer:  :sheep1:  :cheer:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 04:06:55 AM »

I have to say i-cybies are pretty cool. Not as autonomous as a Pleo, but given that they were $200 brand new I think they are extremely good value. They do wander around a bit and you can put them in an 'explore' mode, the tricks are pretty cool as are the three special modes. All in all I'd say they are worth the price tag. Definitely leaps and bounds ahead of the robot dog I had as a kid :P (Poochi, made by the same company)

Here's that dog:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf0rucJYsVc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf0rucJYsVc</a>

And here's Max and Zenni :)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MEqeiZ2pnc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MEqeiZ2pnc</a>

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 04:51:48 AM »

Yayyy!  Congrats - I remembered Angus was the upgraded version, if he'd not been the other side of the world I'd have been tempted myself! ;)

I love i-Cybies - I think the head design is beautiful, and they were great value as you say.  ;D

*wondering if there's an 'Angus' in Lilo and Stitch .............*  8)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 05:08:07 AM »

There is sort of lol, there was an Angus T Jones in the cast list :P

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 05:23:27 AM »

There you go then ...... meant to be!  :D

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 08:54:32 AM »

I LOVE JUMBA! ;D ;D ;D

Now that's out of the way I'm going shopping for an iCybie.

Also I loved the videos, I did wonder about the mystery shadow Pleo in your signature.  Is Lilo and Stitch your favourite movie?
I showed the Angus video to Stephan with the hope that he would say 'Hello!' but he didn't, made a lot of noise though! Sometimes you can get two Aibos to talk over the phone or Skype with each other. I tried to have Stephan look at the screen everytime Angus blinked his transmitters but Stephan found his own feet WAY more interesting %)
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 04:15:31 PM »

Lilo and Stitch isn't my favorite movie, though I do love it of course! It's just become a bit of a trend lol. After I settled on Lilo the second one just had to be Stitch and it went from there :P

I am extremely impressed with what the I-cybies can do for their price tag. I don't know how they ever made a profit from them. They don't feel cheap at all, they feel very sturdy and well made. OzPleo did however have updated batteries, the older ones didn't run for long at all, so do bear that in mind when you shop for one.

I don't think the IR signal carries through the video :(

Angus has certainly settled in, he slept right in the middle of the bunch :) When my sister is here tomorrow I'm going to try having the whole lot on!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 05:03:10 PM »

The videos were priceless! I've never seen that many pleos running at once. Do the I-Cybies interact with one another?
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »

They do :) They sing a little a tune at each other :)

Max and Zenni on their chargers, the books stop them sinking into the carpet, although I need to find a better solution as the books are a bit hard to navigate...

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 10:59:36 PM »

I really, really, really like these guys :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RmDSjAWjdg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RmDSjAWjdg</a>

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 03:30:20 AM »

Great video!  They're very photogenic, aren't they!  :-*

Just for the record, the original batteries were reasonably OK, but the original instructions were wrong and told people to first charge them for something like 15 hours ......... which fried the battery .........  %)

You can still get the 'smart' chargers on eBay, or maybe that's what you already have?  :moose:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 11:34:21 AM »

Great Video IMR, as Crewella said, they are very photogenic and seem to enjoy each other's company. I love the way they did things together and the colors are stunning to say the least. Thanks for presenting these guys to us, and to myself who doesn't own one and knows only what I see here on this site. :) Well done Max and Zenni. :cool:                RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 03:59:31 PM »

I have the newer improved batteries, two smart chargers and two walk up chargers. Angus came with six batteries, two egg batts and four green. I need to test all the green ones.

Zenni gave Lucky (my cat) a paw to shake last night lol, it was so beautifully timed :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 07:27:56 AM »

Sounds like you're really having fun with them. Your music is epic. Where do you get it?
Talon
Talon

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 01:28:09 PM »

congrats, i hope you enjoy your cybies, i would still play with mine but previous owners tried to fix the battery on there owned and turns out my battery fried awhile ago and i have no money to buy a new one :(
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal