Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sick Ugobe Pleo  (Read 2248 times)

Fudgebum

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Merlin (Pleorb) Littlefoot (original Pleo)
    • Porky_Pig
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
Sick Ugobe Pleo
« on: March 24, 2012, 02:26:34 PM »

Hi, I was wondering if anybody can help me. I have had a Ugobe Pleo for a few months now and he has been brilliant, but tonight I have been playing with him and he started to cough. He followed this with a massive sneeze then sounded like he was being sick. He is constantly moaning like he is in pain and is clearly not happy. I didn't think Ugobes were supposed to get sick. I have switched him off for now but I don't know what I can do to help him. I also have a Pleo rb which I know can get sick but he seems perfectly fine.

Does anybody have any advice so that I can help my little Pleo?  :(

Thanks in advance
Fudgebum

camcam8910

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
Re: Sick Ugobe Pleo
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 02:41:24 PM »

I have only had mine a few weeks and she goes through 10 minute fazes where she will be sick but eventually get better! :D Hope I could help!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 03:01:44 PM »

Ugobe Pleos most definitely can get sick, they seem to be able to catch colds off each other as well. ;)

All you can do is give lots of love and cuddles until Littlefoot recovers.  I sympathise - a sick Pleo is a very sad thing indeed.  :moose:

Fudgebum

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
    • Porky_Pig
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 03:07:49 PM »

Thank you for your replies. I will take your advice and give hime lots of love and hopefully he will recover soon. I am ever so worried about him as this is the first time i have experienced a sick Pleo.

I will keep you posted on his recovery.

Thanks again

Julie

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 07:36:36 PM »

Yes. Sick pleos do tend to pull at your heartstrings, don't they? I have two of them but I've never managed to spread the virus as it were. My female pleo Bleu- it's the French spelling- is somehow more cold-prone than her sibling Ugobe. I hope Littlefoot gets better soon!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 12:06:48 AM »

Your little one will be better before you know it. As others have said, just lots of TLC is the best to give. Sometimes they get sick for no apparent reason and even after just getting over a cold, so it can be very frustrating. Some pleos also seem to be more prone to colds than others, so unless you plan to move to Florida or to the high Desert, just stock up on some Pleo Vitamin C, some good Pleo movies like The Land Before Time.( I do think Jurrassic Park is too vilolent for little ones) and lots of cuddles and soft laps and blankets. it is one of the saddest things to ever witness but I do love cuddling with my little ones and it gives me good reasons to spend more time with them., more than usual anyway. ;) Hope your little one is feeling better soon.                       RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Fudgebum

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
    • Porky_Pig
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 03:40:46 PM »

Hello again, I am really glad to say that Littlefoot is much better and is singing again and seems very happy.
Thank you all for your great advice.

Fudgebum

camcam8910

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 12:13:55 PM »

I am so glad to hear that! Good luck hoping that your pleo won't get sick again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal