Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does this mean,,,can Pleo work, what do I do?  (Read 24808 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: What does this mean,,,can Pleo work, what do I do?
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2012, 02:34:16 PM »

Ok,I just got a new SD card and downloaded 1.1 on it. Ran it in Nova, and recorded, heard all the chimes and she went into the hatching stage. So I know it works. Used same SD card on "mystery Pleo". Recorded agan, and to my amazement, Mystery guy chimed after about five -9 seconds, but instead of two chimes and then more at intervals, all the chimes went off in succession at once, After that nothing, And when turned off, card taken out, nothing as usual. What does this mean, I havent heard the chimes before and it was encouraging.

I am now wondering if it is right, that perhaps the reader flash drive or whatever it is is "stuffed" and nothing can get to it? But why the chimes and all at once? What should I do next. It was the first time I heard the chimes but they were all there in a matter of ten seconds instead of the normal 2 minute installation it took on Nova! I am lost but encouraged...........................I think?! P%)             RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2012, 01:24:23 PM »

ok, just an update and thought perhaps hopefullly someone here will understand what this means.
    With the new Pleo I just got this past week, that is a cross between a Ugobe and somewhere before a Pleo Rb, PleoPet suggested I run StatsRb to see what it says. Well that is another story, but I thought why not run it in this guy too to see what it says; Well, the message I got was this. Property File Invalid format...and some other back up stuff. When I ran it in the new Pleo, it said, Missing file....What does that mean?

RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Need explanation of terms please regarding operating systems.
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2012, 08:00:13 PM »

When using StatsRB, twice on different pleos I have gotten results I do not understand. On one Pleo it said, "missing file" what does that mean, talking about Dump... On another Pleo it said, " Property File, Invalid Format". I will provide more information later, but what do these terms mean. I do know the StatsRB was downloaded correctly as I used on other Pleos, Erasing in between Pleos, and got good printouts on them.

I can't go any further in testing till I know what these terms mean and what to do. Thanks in advance Please.     :)        RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Need explanation of terms please regarding operating systems.
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2012, 08:22:33 PM »

Mod note: You already have this in a thread, please do not create multiple threads for the same thing. I will be moving this thread to your existing thread.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2012, 12:25:42 AM »

sorry about that I thought perhaps this was a better topic under another title.     Does anyone have a clue what these terms mean....
               RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2012, 12:57:27 AM »

It means the second Pleo has a corrupted properties file, ie the file itself is broken and needs replacing with a non broken file. The first one means it simply can't find the file it needs and likewise the file/s need replacing with working files. The only way to do that is to perform a downgrade/upgrade of the OS, and the only way to do that if the SD card isn't working is via USB.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2012, 01:03:45 AM »

Thanks IMR, just one last question. If you get this message, :cat: either invalid file or missing file, etc, does it matter if the Pleo never moves or moves very slowly or not at all during the SD CARD , StatsRB.? What I mean is that does the STATSRB work independant on whether the Pleo or pleo Rb moves or not or just that the battery is in and the on off switch is turned to on.. and left on for a few seconds to get a "read".?          Thanks, working on getting that USB cable installation. Almost ready to uninstall Windows to install XP again even if temporaty. Nobody I know has XP anymore. quite a shame... :D Actually I love XP but got a new computer bout a year and a half ago, cause I needed one and more memory.

RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2012, 03:04:11 AM »

Stats RB does not require Pleo to be able to move.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2012, 04:20:33 AM »

Just as a further note, StatsRB can be used on 'Classic' Pleos running OS1.1 and OS2 as well as Pleo RBs, but if I remember correctly, if you try to run StatsRB on a Pleo running the older 1.0/1.0.2 OS you will also get the 'missing file' message as StatsRB cannot acces the files in the same way.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2012, 10:08:54 AM »

Hi Crewella, thanks you are right. STATS RB can run on older Ugobes as well as Pleo RB. The good news is that one of them, the Pleo I can get skits to run on, but no operating sytem to date and not even the POP file, I just got my older XP comptuer working and will try today to do the USB cable upgrade, downgrade as suggested. I am surprised , happy but also a little nervous as I can finally perhaps find out what is happening with these two pleos.. Wish me luck, I am sure I will have lots of questions.                         ;D %) :)           RWM and the Two Nervously excited Pleos and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods :dino-chase: :dino-chase: :cheer:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2012, 09:24:40 AM »

PleoPet has just given me some "hopefully" good news, at least now I know what I am dealing with , in this Pleo that I have not been able to update, downgrade, etc. He says it appears to be an older Ugobe model running the 1.02 system and I can try to upgrade him to that system, I am going to try that today and I am happy at last knowing what is going on with this guy . It is amazing how many different variations of what looks to be One model that are out there. I am going to try the SD card method and if that fails I do have my old Windows XP to try the USB cable if appropriate. ?Wish me luck.  ;D P:) :flowers: Big thanks to PleoPet for helping me with this. Now one more pleo mystery to solve............hopefully.

RWM
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal